HOUSTON OR BALTIMORE...which is preferred..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

HOUSTON OR BALTIMORE...which is preferred..

now this isnt as easy a question as it seems..i think id prefer Baltimore..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: HOUSTON OR BALTIMORE...which is preferred..

i say this bc its a battle of matchups. when you look at Houston, they have some good receivers. our pass defense is not all that great, so could we be exposed? also, Arian Foster..top 3 rb in the NFL. can rush and catch out of the backfield. this worries me. to top it off they have a top 2 defense that is FAST, and good (not great) at every position. 

Baltimore on the other hand is kind of a one headed monster..alot more running ability then passing ability...altho they do have weapons. i feel decent about our rush defense. their defense is very very good, but i have serious doubts on whether or not Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs could cover Gronk or Hernandez. the last time we played them was the first game after Randy Moss was traded, so we werent even close to the offensive team that we are now. im really not sure if they could stop us. 

so whos REALLY the team to see nxt weekend?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: HOUSTON OR BALTIMORE...which is preferred..:
    [QUOTE]i say this bc its a battle of matchups. when you look at Houston, they have some good receivers. our pass defense is not all that great, so could we be exposed? also, Arian Foster..top 3 rb in the NFL. can rush and catch out of the backfield. this worries me. to top it off they have a top 2 defense that is FAST, and good (not great) at every position.  Baltimore on the other hand is kind of a one headed monster..alot more running ability then passing ability...altho they do have weapons. i feel decent about our rush defense. their defense is very very good, but i have serious doubts on whether or not Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs could cover Gronk or Hernandez. the last time we played them was the first game after Randy Moss was traded, so we werent even close to the offensive team that we are now. im really not sure if they could stop us.  so whos REALLY the team to see nxt weekend?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Have to watch the game tomorrow...haven't seen either enough to tell.

Balty had an impressive win over SF, but they can lay an egg, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Baltimore, because I hate Baltimore more and I want to crush them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I don't know if I can stand listening to Lewis and Suggs all week so I'm pulling for Houston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Whichever loses...Is that possible?

...But seriously, give me Baltimore. I want no part of Andre Johnson, and Houston's D is every inch of Baltimore's. Besides, I think NE will have an extra chip on their shoulders against the Ravens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

The team that improves the Saints 1rd pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Listen, lets be honest, you're really talking about Joe Flacco or TJ Yates against Tom Brady.

It makes almost no difference, at all.

But, if I have my choice, I would rather play Houston because, after an ridiculous week of Tim Tebow,  I can't take a week of the goons and idiots from the Ravens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Not sure which way to pull on this one. The fact that Texans play their home games in a dome leads me to think getting them in a cold Foxboro should give homefield advantage a bit more significance than the Birds.

However, come next Sunday, again it will all be about executing and limiting errors,regardless of who our victim will be. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Houston because Bernard Pollard is on the Ravens and Patriots tear their MCL's whenever they get near him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Houston. 

Balty and Houston are essentially the same team, but Balty has an elite pass rusher while Houston would have to dial up blitzes to get to Tom Brady with Mario Williams out. 

Brady eats blitzes for dinner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I would say Houston, but it's pretty close. Ravens certainly still has a reputation for being a harder hitting team - and I'm not entirely convinced that the Patriots are up to that task.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Houston, I will thoroughly enjoy Steeler and Raven whiners whining all off-season about how the Patriots didn't have to play the tough teams on their way to their 4th Super Bowl Championship!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Houston, lets see a rookie QB who plays in a dome all season in warm weather coming to boston?  I like those odds,  Flacco depending on which one shows up could be trouble.  Both teams have similar RB talent and houston has slightly better WR's.  That being said i would want houston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

My heart prefers Baltimore, there's a little unfinished business from 09, and these teams have built a pretty good rivalry.

My head prefers Houston with their unproven QB, and playoff-experience lacking team in general.

Both teams scare the sh!t out of me because of their running games.

I just want to see a very physical game, a-la Denver/PIT a week ago. Let them beat the cr@p out of each other, and let the winner limp into NE, or limp home to BAL to wait for NE. A couple of high ankle sprains would be ok with me...nothing career threatening, just 1-2 week threatening!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

If they lose they'll still talk about how they could  have beaten the Pats had they won.   I want Balt to win so I can watch Gronk knock them on their @sses, maybe even at the same time.

[QUOTE]I don't know if I can stand listening to Lewis and Suggs all week so I'm pulling for Houston.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if I can stand listening to Lewis and Suggs all week so I'm pulling for Houston.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Hope you've got some earplugs ready.

More than any other single thing, I think Wilfork being healthy for this game, as opposed to 09, will make a huge difference. He was on the field, but he was just back from injury I believe.