Houston's the Team, as I said post S.B., that we'd have to make it through to make it to the super bowl.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Houston's the Team, as I said post S.B., that we'd have to make it through to make it to the super bowl.

i dont see us getting one of the buys at this point. 

hope we do.

lucky if we do.

howeva, dont look like it.

we're gonna have to earn this afc championship. wont be like last year.

hope bb switches to press man with dennard and talib. let them compete with the wr

our lbs cant cover any rb or te out of the backfiled. big weakness.

cripes bb, we gotta get a lb who can cover.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Houston's the Team, as I said post S.B., that we'd have to make it through to make it to the super bowl.

The road to the Super Bowl is definitely going to be a lot tougher this year... It could end up being the Steelers in Foxboro and then the Ravens and Texans on the road... I have my fingers crossed on the bye still. The BB Patriots have not the Super Bowl playing wild card weekend.

Houston is definitely looking like the top team in the NFL. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Houston's the Team, as I said post S.B., that we'd have to make it through to make it to the super bowl.

They have to run the table to earn the bye it looks like . Denver may not lose again as their schedule is easy from here on. Playing in Denver would be a bad matchup. Houston has a good defense but their offense isn't as good. We can beat the Ravens and Steelers IMO.

Talib should help the pass defense right away. He excells at man coverage, is tall and a ball hawk. Having him out there and McCourty at safety will be pretty good IMO . I agree that they need better coverage out of the linebacker position. Like to see more pressure, have the defense dictate instead of reacting. Cunningham has shown he can get good pressure on the QB, maybe he gets more snaps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They have to run the table to earn the bye it looks like . Denver may not lose again as their schedule is easy from here on. Playing in Denver would be a bad matchup. Houston has a good defense but their offense isn't as good. We can beat the Ravens and Steelers IMO.

Talib should help the pass defense right away. He excells at man coverage, is tall and a ball hawk. Having him out there and McCourty at safety will be pretty good IMO . I agree that they need better coverage out of the linebacker position. Like to see more pressure, have the defense dictate instead of reacting. Cunningham has shown he can get good pressure on the QB, maybe he gets more snaps.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree that we can beat the Steelers and Ravens, but I would not want to have run through those three teams trying to make the Super Bowl. You have to assume you are going to have a lot of little injuries coming off back to back games vs Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

The Broncos may easily run the table (their second half schedule is as weak as the Pats last year). If that happens, the Patriots could easily be the four seed. 

Thanks goodness the rest of the AFC East is garbage. I cannot imagine them not winning the division...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree that we can beat the Steelers and Ravens, but I would not want to have run through those three teams trying to make the Super Bowl. You have to assume you are going to have a lot of little injuries coming off back to back games vs Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

The Broncos may easily run the table (their second half schedule is as weak as the Pats last year). If that happens, the Patriots could easily be the four seed. 

Thanks goodness the rest of the AFC East is garbage. I cannot imagine them not winning the division...

[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree, the Steelers and Ravens still have to play each other twice along with the Bengals once. That will help, the Bengals showed that they can be tough when they bring their A game. Let those teams beat each other up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

"Yes I agree, the Steelers and Ravens still have to play each other twice along with the Bengals once. That will help, the Bengals showed that they can be tough when they bring their A game. Let those teams beat each other up."

Excellent point sporter. Thats the only thing we can hope for since Baltimore basically has a 2 game lead over us due to the tiebreaker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

without the coaches willing to blitz nore, there wont be much pressure.

and re the cbs, if they are kept in zone, our secondary will likely be as weak as it is now even with talib.

we have the chess pieces we have. its up to the coachign to utilize thsoe pieces best they can.

it aint happening right now.

inlcuding the oc. though he has iproved lately, he blows hi ssequnecing and calling in key situations and 4th quarter too frequently still.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah i have it that way too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I like to think that BB is playing all this vanilla zone D so as not to tip his hand for the playoffs. But when the playoffs roll around he will unleash a devestating press man coverage unit that will lead us to a SUper Bowl Championship. Now if I keep telling myself that maybe I'll start believing it.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like to think that BB is playing all this vanilla zone D so as not to tip his hand for the playoffs. But when the playoffs roll around he will unleash a devestating press man coverage unit that will lead us to a SUper Bowl Championship. Now if I keep telling myself that maybe I'll start believing it.....

[/QUOTE]

i love it. if only however we are "this close" to being 4 and 5 and without home field through the playoffs its going to take a prayer to make it to teh sb. so im not sure that holds up 

:)

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

with 7 games left, texans have two games in hand in the loss column, and one possible tough game left on their schedule...they will likely capture the #1 seed. And they deserve it.

IF the Patriots do manage to win out, and the Texans lose against a puff-cake team - and the Ravens lose a couple of gam - yeah, the Patriots could back into the #1 seed.....but the way the Patriots are playing? I don't think so.

I'd rather lose against the Texans and 49ers, hope the coaches and players learn from their mistakes, and beat these teams in the playoffs. It's very hard to beat the same team twice in one season - so, I'd rather see the Patriots win their games when it counts the most.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm wary of Houston only because there's so little history there. I don't remember any game of consequence between NE and HOU. They play great defense, but their offense is built around Foster and the running game, which is the strength of NE's defense. I'd say it's a tossup at this point.

Denver and Balt. don't really scare. They could get beat by either if they play poorly, turn the ball over, etc., but they have a decent record against both recently and they match up well against them.

Pittsburgh is the toughest out as I see it. Their passing game is solid and they will be able to move the ball against NE. And they're playing great defense, so points will be scarce. 

I'll say again, what these teams have done so far really is meaningless. It only matters that you get in the dance and how you're playing when you get there.  I don't see how the Pats could be playing much worse on defense, so I expect them to improve. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gee, what  a prediction, Bdbreu.  Enough of these sentence fragment threads with pointless commentary about obvious things. So annoying.

Some fans are 178 steps ahead of you, Bdbreu.

[/QUOTE]

realy wise one. actually almost no one agreed with me in the thread i started on this just after the super bowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

with 7 games left, texans have two games in hand in the loss column, and one possible tough game left on their schedule...they will likely capture the #1 seed. And they deserve it.

IF the Patriots do manage to win out, and the Texans lose against a puff-cake team - and the Ravens lose a couple of gam - yeah, the Patriots could back into the #1 seed.....but the way the Patriots are playing? I don't think so.

I'd rather lose against the Texans and 49ers, hope the coaches and players learn from their mistakes, and beat these teams in the playoffs. It's very hard to beat the same team twice in one season - so, I'd rather see the Patriots win their games when it counts the most.

[/QUOTE]

agreed.

but it doent appear we have a shot playing liek we have in last 9 games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm wary of Houston only because there's so little history there. I don't remember any game of consequence between NE and HOU. They play great defense, but their offense is built around Foster and the running game, which is the strength of NE's defense. I'd say it's a tossup at this point.

Denver and Balt. don't really scare. They could get beat by either if they play poorly, turn the ball over, etc., but they have a decent record against both recently and they match up well against them.

Pittsburgh is the toughest out as I see it. Their passing game is solid and they will be able to move the ball against NE. And they're playing great defense, so points will be scarce. 

I'll say again, what these teams have done so far really is meaningless. It only matters that you get in the dance and how you're playing when you get there.  I don't see how the Pats could be playing much worse on defense, so I expect them to improve. 

[/QUOTE]

agree pitt is on the come and could challenge houston.

re:

" I don't see how the Pats could be playing much worse on defense,"

i agree

re: "so I expect them to improve. "

that's presuming i think. i do hope so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Texans have 3 players (Schaub, Johnson and Daniels) who have all had durability problems.  If they all stay healthy they will be tough to beat.  If they don't it gets substantially easier.  Daniels being out really hurt them against the Bears.  None of their other receivers stepped up and the Bears just bracketed Andre Johnson.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gee, what  a prediction, Bdbreu.  Enough of these sentence fragment threads with pointless commentary about obvious things. So annoying.

Some fans are 178 steps ahead of you, Bdbreu.

[/QUOTE]

realy wise one. actually almost no one agreed with me in the thread i started on this just after the super bowl.

[/QUOTE]

I said it all offseason so did others. So, you're wrong. It's very clear they are an up and coming team with some nice recent drafts.

I thought losing Eric Winston and DeMeco Ryans would hurt their depth and we'll see. Losing Cusing is a blow, too.   Dobbins is a fine player, but I wonder about their depth the rest of the way.

But, I have Houston as the best team in the AFC right now and probably no one is surprised anyway.

Pitt needs to stay healty and their experience cannot be overlooked. Denver has defensive issues, and I know they are playing well right now, but they'll have issues against good offenses like ours (Balt, Houston, NE, etc).

[/QUOTE]

memory is what it is. your reply here may be jogging my memory that you may have been one who said they 9houston) woudnt be the team to beat. you certainly are wrong about the thread which was dominated by posters who picked other teams as our chief compet in the afc (ie pitt- the most poplar, balt, etc).

by the way, why are you talking with me here and damning me on partimers ("inbredbru") thread

you are being disingenuous and duplicitous. treat all people with respect or stay with the insecure bit (but dotn go back looking to be respected).

if you would like to be respected treat others that way. if something hurts or someone goes in the ditch, you dont have to go after them. turn your attention to better things in the world (not to bitterness and attempting to inflict suffering). you will survive (any temporary pain).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Maybe it was just Cutler going down, but my numbers put Houston at #1 in the NFL at 13.4 victories out of 16 if the season started fresh tomorrow, and New England at #2 at 12.5.  Everybody else has dropped to 11.5 or below. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe it was just Cutler going down, but my numbers put Houston at #1 in the NFL at 13.4 victories out of 16 if the season started fresh tomorrow, and New England at #2 at 12.5.  Everybody else has dropped to 11.5 or below. 

[/QUOTE]

id have hoston in that mix for 1. but the pats? i have had them at 8 or 9 the past few weeks (not how they will be necessarily in 6 weeks. but on the day for the past few weeks).

and pats #2 is wayyyy way overrated. 2 of last 3 or 3 or 3 of last 4, we may have been beat by half the league. yesterday, wed been beat by 3/4 of the league. only the bills beat themselves yesterday

and again, agreeing is fun, disagreeing is fun.

thanks for weighing in.

by the way, do you remember what you said in the thread i started after the super bowl loss?

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts