How about a 6-6 / 228lb/26 year old ex-QB convereted to WR for the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: How about a 6-6 / 228lb/26 year old ex-QB convereted to WR for the Pats?

Yea I am not high on Jones at all, I think he is a bum however I hate the idea of T.O. being in a Pats uni

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think the problem with Galloway is that Tom Brady can't hit Moss 40 yards downfield when he's wide open.  So far Brady has thrown zero 40 yard completions in 5 games.  Galloway only has one great move -- go long and either get open or at least get double teamed way down the sideline.  As long as Brady can't hit that pass, Galloway's dubious value on short passes gets him benched.  When Brady finally gets his long pass mojo back, Galloway may get on the field to pull something off.

Next in line for WR burner is Tate.  Brandon Tate gets off the PUP list as early as the London, England game in 2 weeks.  He's fast when healthy, and he's had 6 months to learn the playbook now.  That helps.

So the problem is that this released guy has a skill, speed, that BB already has.  How about height?

He'd have to compete against Sam Aiken for playing time.  Aiken is a known quantity and a rookie with growth possibilities.  Aiken is only reasonably tall, 6-2". 

If BB really wants a 6 foot 8 receiver for end zone grabs, Sebastian Vollmer has college experience at tight end.  Randy Moss at 6-4 has enormous skill at boxing out defenders, and good speed to boot.

This released guy isn't good enough to stick with a  2-3 team that was 5-11 last year.  Is every released guy something for the Patriots to pick up?

Coker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Radionowhere228. Show Radionowhere228's posts

i just saw that Ashley Lelie is available... what are your thoughts on bringing him in as a potential 3rd WR

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

In Response to How about a 6-6 / 228lb/26 year old ex-QB convereted to WR for the Pats?:
    The Jags just released him. he did have some peds and drugs issues late last season, kind of a bad a@#.. but Dillon was too and Pats locker room tamed him.. Would love to see Matt Jones run the other sideline from Moss.. That would stretch the defense.. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4555330
    Posted by lsulifer86

Jeez, Pats sign Matt Jones the rest of the league might as well pack it in and give the pats the Lombardi trophy. great idea

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to How about a 6-6 / 228lb/26 year old ex-QB convereted to WR for the Pats?:
    The Jags just released him. he did have some peds and drugs issues late last season, kind of a bad a@#.. but Dillon was too and Pats locker room tamed him.. Would love to see Matt Jones run the other sideline from Moss.. That would stretch the defense.. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4555330
    Posted by lsulifer86

I just wanted to say that your description sure sounds good to me, but probably not for the same reasons you like him. lmao! Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

In Response to Re: How about a 6-6 / 228lb/26 year old ex-QB convereted to WR for the Pats?:
    It makes no sense what so ever! He is a bum. If anyone can get the numbers i would love to see the stats from his best season. i bet they s ucked cause he s ucks.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Uh, you can just look them up on the interweb dude

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MackHerron42. Show MackHerron42's posts

In Response to Re: How about a 6-6 / 228lb/26 year old ex-QB convereted to WR for the Pats?:
    Matt Jones' best year is 65 catches/790 yds in 12 games, better than Jabar's best season btw.

Were the Pats to use a "per se" rule regarding past illegal drug abuse, not only would you be saying no to Nick Kaczur, Kevin Faulk and Randy Moss (and god knows how many others) but also some pretty good past players like Irving Fryar, Roland James, Ray Clayborn.  I'd take Marshawn Lynch, Ricky Williams, Jimmy Smith, Bruce Smith, John Taylor, (the original) LT and Kevin Gogan on my team any day.

Having said all this, Matt Jones seems a bit farther down the road and possibly less likely to make it back but who knows?  I think he's worth a shot and would be shocked if BB hasn't considered it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxxLV. Show BosoxxLV's posts

I am a Pats fan but my wife is from Florida and a Jags fan, so I have watched a lot of Jags games and Matt Jones never seemed to be trying and did not seem to have his head in the game.  He was a dissapointment with Jacksonville and would be the same here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

he is talented and athletic.  i will agree there.  but there has to be a reason no other team has given him a shot.  i am just speculating but i don't think his head is in it.  as mentioned, he is an ex-QB and i think that's what he has always viewed himself as.  if he doesn't want to work on his WR game, he will not be successful.  talent and athleticism alone isn't good enough in the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

With as high as the overthrows have been, I recommend calls to either Manute Bol or Yao Ming.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

I vote for T.O.

But purely because watching Belichick melt his soul would be amusing as hell.

Sections
Shortcuts