How about a vote on what can be done about our worst Troll?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

How about a vote on what can be done about our worst Troll?

I won't mention his name because that might be considered a personal attack.  But I will say that his current Screen Name begins with the letter J and in the past he also has gone by the name of Leon and Hess.

After I read the garbage thread he started yesterday, I was tempted to respond.  But then I thought why am I doing this?  This person obviously thrives on throwing out the type of comments that will get as many negative responses as possible.

I consider most Trolls to be classified as insects.  However when a Troll appears to a member of the Cockroach Order then IMO, to continue to feed this creature will only provide an ample supply of his favorite food to allow him to grow exponentially - At least in his own mind.   All you have to do is to look at the number of this Troll's negative posts over the last couple of weeks to see that they are growing.

If you as a Patriot's Fan and happen to enjoy sparring with this creature then this is your choice and I respect that.  But from this moment forward, I will not read or respond to what this Troll has to say.

This is just an idea of how to possibly starve this Cockroach out.  What say you?   Do you Vote to Feed Him or to Starve Him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: How about a vote on what can be done about our worst Troll?

I think the guy who feeds the beast is worse than the beast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just ignore him. He gets his jollies from people responding and being bothered by him. If you just let him roll of your back he'll disappear. Frankly I respond to him every so often for my own personal entertainment. I don't let him get to me and take nothing he says seriously. But, I do get a good laugh from some of his responses, esp when he gets frustated and pulls out his last defense then disappears for a week

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Simply do not respond to the inane posts.  Each response "feeds the beast" and makes them giddy because they suckered another into responding to a ridiculous statement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I won't mention his name because that might be considered a personal attack.  But I will say that his current Screen Name begins with the letter J and in the past he also has gone by the name of Leon and Hess.

After I read the garbage thread he started yesterday, I was tempted to respond.  But then I thought why am I doing this?  This person obviously thrives on throwing out the type of comments that will get as many negative responses as possible.

I consider most Trolls to be classified as insects.  However when a Troll appears to a member of the Cockroach Order then IMO, to continue to feed this creature will only provide an ample supply of his favorite food to allow him to grow exponentially - At least in his own mind.   All you have to do is to look at the number of this Troll's negative posts over the last couple of weeks to see that they are growing.

If you as a Patriot's Fan and happen to enjoy sparring with this creature then this is your choice and I respect that.  But from this moment forward, I will not read or respond to what this Troll has to say.

This is just an idea of how to possibly starve this Cockroach out.  What say you?   Do you Vote to Feed Him or to Starve Him?

I personally have never entertained him or any other jets fan for that matter. I dont get how people complain about trolls and then go on to enabling them by responding to every post no matter how juvenile(ahem Rusty)

I dnt have a problem calling out names. Others engage them too but none more than our village genius rusty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Help Leon in seeking a diagnosis and advice from apsychologist, psychotherapist, a clinical social worker, or a psychiatrist trained in dealing with emotional and mental health. Such a professional, who has training and experience in these matters, might lead the sufferer through some steps necessary to find the source of the delusional thinking and fears. They may advise other ways of coping or about seeking psychiatric or medical intervention in more difficult experiences.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Its not very hard to ignore them or take what they say with a grain of salt. I don't understand why some posters fall right into their trap and get all fired up about it. I actually think Leon is pretty funny but Jints is starting to get annoying. His sour grapes, cr@p all over every topic discussed in the forum is getting pretty old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

The best solution would be to have the "ignore" button. Maybe we can suggest this feature to board admins as an improvement? Oh, wait...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

None of the Giants, Jets, Colts trolls bring anything positive to the board.  I've realized the Giants and Jets trolls exist to do just that: troll and elicit responses from Pats fans.  I've never seen anything from them worthy of reading so once I catch onto their screennames it is easy to just ignore them.  The main Colts troll is here just to act as a white knight for the Colts and Horsehead.  At least he talks football but why he is on this board to talk Colts is beyond me.  Either other Colts fans don't talk football because their mouths are too full of Peyton juice or he is very bored and/or has no social life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I usually ignor the slug, but sometimes I respond for my own entertainment. Its posts are beyond ridiculous and ludicrous, however we can cast a sympathetic eye on it, as it must truely be horrific to be a fan of that team.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Its not very hard to ignore them or take what they say with a grain of salt. I don't understand why some posters fall right into their trap and get all fired up about it. I actually think Leon is pretty funny but Jints is starting to get annoying. His sour grapes, cr@p all over every topic discussed in the forum is getting pretty old.

Exactly.  I actually enjoy Leon and think he's quite amusing.  I've said this in another thread but I really compare him to a harmless 12 year old at a huge gathering just saying the utmost stupid things just to garner attention.  We all know the crap he says is ridiculous which is why I find it hilarious.  I like 'enabling' him because he provides me with entertainment.

Underd*ck and Jints on the other hand....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Personally for me I laugh at him, who else would come on a Pats board to defend the team thats the laughing stock of the league? And with the comedy of errors in Rex and Sanchez, in the words of that great philosopher Mr. T " I pity the fool"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Thanks for all the replies so far.  I understand and respect everything you guys said.

I've slammed Leon pretty hard myself in the past.   But have come to the conclusion that it makes no sense for me to argue with someone who is too stupid to know they've been beat.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And we all realize if the Jets had the Pats record since 2001, his posting would be 1000 times worse....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I also agree that, in general, it's best not to feed the trolls.

But it's extremely hard not to let, "Butt Fumble," slip out every now and then...just kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

And we all realize if the Jets had the Pats record since 2001, his posting would be 1000 times worse....

Nope, if that were the case, he would be trolling another winning team's web site.

Same with Jints.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

gotta call u on this one Z...thats twice u used the "sour grapes" line

about what exactly? since i consider myself a fairly objective fan i said before the season i would take 10-6 and playoff birth from my jints-and then i said after their atl and balt games that they did not deserve to make the playoffs and that some housecleaning/new faces were in order

in short, my giants did not perform well enough-injuries to key players and schedule were tough but they had it in their grasp at 8-5 in 1st place and missedthey'll be eback, they are never down for long-and until another team lifts the lombardi in 3 weeks or so i can still bask in the afterglow of a(nother) championship

that's sour grapes to you?

look at my posts before the season, during and after-you will see the same tone and objectivity with the usual fun at pats fans expense that goes with the territory-but nothing different fter jints were out so ur off base with that one-badly

matter of fact, it shows a thin-skinness i thought you logical, factual types didn't have

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I don't know what you guys perceive as trolls but I've got a problem with how some define it.

I'm a Patriots fan, have been and always will be. That being said, I'm objective too and that tends to rub way too many people the wrong way.

For example, I said Brady has not been as sharp in his past 12 playoff games as he usually is. What happens? People respond with stuff like, "Yeah, I totally wish Alex Smith was our QB!". So I guess if I don't perceive Brady as perfect, it means I think he sucks...which isn't true.

Message to some of you (not all of you), having constructive criticism or saying the Pats were bad at this or that does not make a person a troll. Not everything needs to be rainbows and ponies. You can still be a loyal fan while having some negative criticisms

A troll is that dude who posts stuff like, "Curse of Spygate".

People have right to their own opinion! Just make sure you can back it up!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He's not even the worst troll. Look in the direction of jints and ud6.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't forget, Eli is TB's "daddy". Oh yeah, Dwarfs will repeat as champs, and ND will win the NCAA.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Starting to get annoying?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

I think the guy who feeds the beast is worse than the beast.

agreed.

Sections
Shortcuts