How About Mankins!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

How About Mankins!

Every time the network replayed one of Blount's runs the replay showed Mankins crushing a Colts defender, even getting to linebackers at the second level. This guy had an incredible game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: How About Mankins!

To quote the unemployed drunk, Mankie is overpaid and sucks....lol.  Mankins has been a beast and a key reason why the running game has been dominate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

To quote the unemployed drunk, Mankie is overpaid and sucks....lol.  Mankins has been a beast and a key reason why the running game has been dominate.

LOL at "Mankie"

Mankie was awesome last night.  The whole line was awesome last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Heck of a game. Guts galore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He was outstanding last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

He had a rough start to the season, but has played extremely well the last half of the season. Of course, I might not be speaking objectively here; I'm literally wearing my Mankins love on my sleeve- sporting #70 as I type. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

He is not a good player- say rusty

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I just can't figure who u may be referring to as only a real imbecile would say those things....oh wait

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

neither is Brady says Rusty

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I said on the game thread , he was the unspoken player of the game yesterday

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

neither is Brady says Rusty

rusty probably doesnt even think eli is elite

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Every time the network replayed one of Blount's runs the replay showed Mankins crushing a Colts defender, even getting to linebackers at the second level. This guy had an incredible game.

Mankins put together an amazing season blocking. 

New England was ranked 1st and 2nd in YPC running through the gaps to his left and right and he was 5th in PFF overall run blocking for guards. That is quite astounding, elite really, and likely, a huge key to a chance at another Lombardi. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hats off to him for playing hurt (and playing well). He even found a way to make it to practice on time last Friday, unlike that other guy who was driving an Escalade (all wheel drive, weighs 5000 pounds and might be the best snow vehicle money can buy aside from a H1), but who's counting?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The entire O Line owned the Colts D line almost every play. Brady was hit 4 times and sacked twice ( one was a coverage sack ) by a D Line that was supposed to crush him everytime he attempted to pass.

At least that was the reasoning all the media that picked the Colts used.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Hats off to him for playing hurt (and playing well). He even found a way to make it to practice on time last Friday, unlike that other guy who was driving an Escalade (all wheel drive, weighs 5000 pounds and might be the best snow vehicle money can buy aside from a H1), but who's counting?

Good one but how do you know Mankins doesn't drive one too?

No vehicle made can keep you on the road if you drive like an idiot. I live in the upstate NY lake effect belt and I see more SUVs in ditches that any other type of vehicle. Once you hit 30 it doesn't matter what you're driving and SUV drivers tend to get too bold for their own good

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

6x Pro Bowl, 5x All-Pro, Patriot's All 2000's Team, Patriot's 50th Anniversary Team, voted in the top 100 NFL players for two consecutive years...

About time he did something of note.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The left side of the Pats O line (Solder/Mankins) totally dominated the Colts run D.  Mankins in particular was a beast.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

Mankins was beastly, it's true.  I saw Develin getting wham blocks on all those left-side runs too.  He, too, was taking out 2 or 3 guys each play.  Anybody notice how BIG Solder is these days?  I kept asking who is that big guy 77 before realizing it was Solder.  The running game will be the difference as we are much harder to defend now.  Play action all day long........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mankins is awesome.

Just another notch on Rusty Trombone's Discredit Ladder to the Moon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Mankie? I thought he was Logie?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Lets not get overboard here. I like Mankins. I think he's overpaid since I don't think he's the best guard in the league, which is how he's paid (but in a sense that's a quibble since I'd rather we have him for $6-7m but that's history now). The strongest part of his game is run blocking, especially when he pulls around to the right side to open holes there, as well as going to the second level on the left side. The weakest part of his game is pass protection although he's still adequate. 

Last few years when we were running pass pass pass, Mankins got a little exposed and everyone on this board was yelling he's overpaid. Last game when we executed run run run, everyone's saying Mankins is elite, beast and other crap. The truth is in the middle. He's elite in run blocking and merely adequate in pass protect (and somewhat mediocre when it's predictable pass only situations). He's probably slightly overpaid for the skills he brings, but apparently BB was willing to pay him for the intangibles he brings........... attitude, grit, determinations, reliability, leaderships etc. All that stuff is hard for me to quantify and if you were to put a $ value on the intangibles then you might not think he's overpaid at all. 

I just don't like when people get carried away bashing him when the game plan is pass pass pass, and I also don't like people lifting him to 7th heaven when game plan is run run run

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Mankins is an exceptional run blocker. This,OL wants to take it to the broncos, meaning run and let them beat the p1ss out of the broncos DL. Put this game offensively on the back of the OL and te's, take the fight to the ponies and lets push them around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:

Lets not get overboard here.  Last few years when we were running pass pass pass, Mankins got a little exposed and everyone on this board was yelling he's overpaid. Last game when we executed run run run, everyone's saying Mankins is elite, beast and other crap. The truth is in the middle.

The truth is that EVERY lineman gets exposed when you pass pass pass... you're telling the defense to pin their ears back and enjoy themselves.

Balance keeps them guessing, run run run beats the tar out of them, the truth (key to winning) is in the middle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Mankins is a better pass blocker than people give him credit for.  Yes, like any O lineman, he gets beat occasionally, but I think 98% of the time he's doing a great job handling some very tough assignments. 

Remember, as well, that it's not always apparent who was "beat" unless you know the blocking assignments.  

Sections
Shortcuts