How about my Pacers and how's that Hoosier doing coaching the Celts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

How about my Pacers and how's that Hoosier doing coaching the Celts

Little off topic, I know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: How about my Pacers and how's that Hoosier doing coaching the Celts

should bring this to the celts forum, but surpringsly Stevens is doing a great job for what he has. our team is 10-13 and i thought it'd be only 5-6 wins at this point. i just didn't think there would be this muc talent. jordan crawford, AB, sully and jeff green all playing consistent good ball. Humphries isnt bad either.

problem is... idk if the celtics finishing in the middle of the pack is a good thing for their future. i love seeing them winning though! good season so far!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

should bring this to the celts forum, but surpringsly Stevens is doing a great job for what he has. our team is 10-13 and i thought it'd be only 5-6 wins at this point. i just didn't think there would be this muc talent. jordan crawford, AB, sully and jeff green all playing consistent good ball. Humphries isnt bad either.

problem is... idk if the celtics finishing in the middle of the pack is a good thing for their future. i love seeing them winning though! good season so far!

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah it should be on the celts forum, but I spend my time here.  I am happy for Stevens although not surprised that he is doing well.  Its not like he ever had blue chippers for recruits yet took 2 teams to the final game. 

He's got a quiet enough demeanor to never be the story.  His attitude is positive and his basketball mind is as strong as any.  There will obviously be an NBA learning curve for him, but as its stands now, he's been much better than Pitino or Calipari in the pros. 

Happy for you guys getting a great coach. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do you come here looking for a pat on the head? Post this when your hokey team has some balls and knocks off that pukey Miami team in May.

No one cares about early season anything. Are you this dumb?

[/QUOTE]

No one cares, but here you are responding.  Talk about dumb, I am a genius compared to you, and you just proved it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah it should be on the celts forum, but I spend my time here.  I am happy for Stevens although not surprised that he is doing well.  Its not like he ever had blue chippers for recruits yet took 2 teams to the final game. 

He's got a quiet enough demeanor to never be the story.  His attitude is positive and his basketball mind is as strong as any.  There will obviously be an NBA learning curve for him, but as its stands now, he's been much better than Pitino or Calipari in the pros. 

[/QUOTE]

You are happy the Celts hired a coach?  Why?   You're a Pacers fan. That makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]

I love Brad Stevens.  He's a hoosier - just like Larry Bird. I don't just root for laundry.  people like that (you) are shallow.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

this discussion went down just like I thought it would

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are happy the Celts hired a coach?  Why?   You're a Pacers fan. That makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]

I love Brad Stevens.  He's a hoosier - just like Larry Bird. I don't just root for laundry.  people like that (you) are shallow.

[/QUOTE]

Stay in Indiana.

Face it, loser:  You wish you were born and bred here. You have no tradition. Nothing.

It's why you come here looking for approval.

[/QUOTE]
    Maybe you are not as dumb as you seem.  You were smart enough to walk away from your previous debacle of a post.  You are learning, grasshopper.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I don't care where Stevens is from but I have been disappointed in how good he has done. This is not a contradiction. I was really counting on a top 5 pick this year since everyone seems to think this will be the deepest draft in years. Stevens may single handedly be causing the Celtics some long term mediocrity. In the NBA if you coach your team up to the 7th or 8th seed you kill yourself in the long term. I'm sorry but that is often true. You need to develop young tradeable pieces like  they did with Al Jefferson before the Garnett trade and while I thinke Ainge is an above average evaluator it's hard getting diamonds in the rough with these late picks like he has done so often. As much as I hated the Pierce trade when it happened it looks genius right now though I think a healthy Rondo would have got the Celtics past the Knicks no problem last year that lineup would never have beaten the Heat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Offensive foul on #6.... double drivel!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

get lost under f ag

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I am simply amazed about someone from indiana who would think that celtic fans have no appreciation for hoosiers or hoosier b ball - 

Does the name

Larry Bird

mean anything to you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Quinn Buckner, anyone?

I saw "Hoosiers".... great flick! I also spent a week there one day.

Methinks "6" has no appr4ciation on just how dismal it is there. Needs to get out and about more often. Like crossing the frontier into Chicago occasionally.....

(BTW, God DOES make little green apples!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care where Stevens is from but I have been disappointed in how good he has done. This is not a contradiction. I was really counting on a top 5 pick this year since everyone seems to think this will be the deepest draft in years. Stevens may single handedly be causing the Celtics some long term mediocrity. In the NBA if you coach your team up to the 7th or 8th seed you kill yourself in the long term. I'm sorry but that is often true. You need to develop young tradeable pieces like  they did with Al Jefferson before the Garnett trade and while I thinke Ainge is an above average evaluator it's hard getting diamonds in the rough with these late picks like he has done so often. As much as I hated the Pierce trade when it happened it looks genius right now though I think a healthy Rondo would have got the Celtics past the Knicks no problem last year that lineup would never have beaten the Heat.

[/QUOTE]
    Come now - this sounds like you are rooting for tanking. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Offensive foul on #6.... double drivel!"

[/QUOTE]

Excellent RetortSmile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am simply amazed about someone from indiana who would think that celtic fans have no appreciation for hoosiers or hoosier b ball - 

Does the name

Larry Bird

mean anything to you?

[/QUOTE]

Um - if you'd read more of the thread, then you would see that LB does mean something to me.  Not only as the hoosier legend he was but also as the current Pacers president that he is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quinn Buckner, anyone?

I saw "Hoosiers".... great flick! I also spent a week there one day.

Methinks "6" has no appr4ciation on just how dismal it is there. Needs to get out and about more often. Like crossing the frontier into Chicago occasionally.....

(BTW, God DOES make little green apples!)

[/QUOTE]

traveled plenty AZ - even left the state for a few years.  Indiana is home, born, raised, and family is here.  Roots are important. 

For the record - I happen to love Boston, the city.  The importance of the city to American History cannot be diminished.  Been to the Cape twice - love it too.  As for Arizona, The GC is possibly the most awe inspiring landscapes in our county.  Sedona is beautiful - stayed at the Enchantment resort outside of Sedona - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 

Was in Chicago 4 days ago. 

You left off Walter McCarty and Rick Fox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course. I don't have a problem with it if it helps you get a Kevin Durant or Andrew Luck. Give the scrubs more minutes than they deserve. They will try to win while being unable to. I never said the Colts were the only team to attempt that. The NBA is notorious for it. Usually 4 or 5 teams are trying it every year. The 38-44 8th seed is a horrible spot to be in the NBA. In the west right now the 8th seed may win 50 games but in the east it may take only 35 wins to make the playoffs. The Celtics knew Bird was going to stay in school in 79 when they drafted him so they sort of tanked that season also and it worked out just fine. Until the NBA turns into soccer and teams get relegated there is no gain in being the 4th worst team in the league over the 3rd worst.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go to the Celtics forum and discuss

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course. I don't have a problem with it if it helps you get a Kevin Durant or Andrew Luck. Give the scrubs more minutes than they deserve. They will try to win while being unable to. I never said the Colts were the only team to attempt that. The NBA is notorious for it. Usually 4 or 5 teams are trying it every year. The 38-44 8th seed is a horrible spot to be in the NBA. In the west right now the 8th seed may win 50 games but in the east it may take only 35 wins to make the playoffs. The Celtics knew Bird was going to stay in school in 79 when they drafted him so they sort of tanked that season also and it worked out just fine. Until the NBA turns into soccer and teams get relegated there is no gain in being the 4th worst team in the league over the 3rd worst.

[/QUOTE]
    except that you would be wrong about the colts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:M 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stay in Indiana.

Face it, loser:  You wish you were born and bred here. You have no tradition. Nothing.

It's why you come here looking for approval.

[/QUOTE]
    Maybe you are not as dumb as you seem.  You were smart enough to walk away from your previous debacle of a post.  You are learning, grasshopper.

[/QUOTE]

Me pointing out to you that you're a puppy dog in a Mickey Mouse pro sports town comging here for approval means I am walking away from previous posts?

Wake us win you knock the Heat off in the postseason. Leave it to you to get giddy early. LOL

You did the same thing back in Sept and Oct with the Colts. Now look at ya.

[/QUOTE]
    OMG - lay off the crack rusty. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    except that you would be wrong about the colts.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think so, the Colts sucked for Luck. Good for them if the Pats were in that position I would have wanted the same thing. I haven't criticized the Colts for doing it. It was a smart move. One horrible year to get 10 potentiel great ones. Where is the sacrifice?