How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy?

That was pretty bad.  But the Colts got lucky in one regard; it led to nothing.  Didn't the Jets  punt later that series, anyway?  

The Colts' biggest mistake that game was leaving too much time on the clock down the stretch.  Or special teams... that was kinda big, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

That was a huge bonehead play, BT, but the reason it didn't get more run is because New Jersey promptly went three-and-out after that. In fact, it should have worked in the Colts favor ultimately, as there was less than a minute left when the Jests got the ball back at the end. Of course, we all know what happened. Indy folded up like origami and let New Jersey prance right down the gridiron into field-goal position.

Game.

Set.

Match.

But trust me, if New Jersey holds the ball there and just runs the clock out, that is the key play of the game. It was only the combined ineptitude of both teams that masked what should have been the Bonehead Play of the Year (until Michael Vick throws the intercetpion the next day).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 45-3. Show 45-3's posts

n Response to How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy?:

Nobody mentioned it because Peyton still got the ball back with 2 minutes left.

Another bonehead move by the Colts is on their coach.  Why would you ever run the ball on 3rd and 7?  That's completely idiotic.  Maybe if you've been blowing them off the line all day and have a dominant rb.  But even then it's pretty stupid.  Caldwell is an awful coach--the timeout was another example of how awful he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy?:
    That was pretty bad.  But the Colts got lucky in one regard; it led to nothing.  Didn't the Jets  punt later that series, anyway?   The Colts' biggest mistake that game was leaving too much time on the clock down the stretch.  Or special teams... that was kinda big, too.
    Posted by soups

I agree with you soups. however, that said it really didn't help on when the colts kicked off with just under a minute left and allowing the jets receiver to get excellent field position for his team with like 53 ticks left on the clock.
    IMHO the jets didn't "beat" the colts and rexy didn"t "beat" peyton. the colts beat them selves is how I see it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

You guys sound like you're upset the Jets won.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Actually, I was pointing at the fact that the Pats go after smart players to avoid situations like this one.  There is nothing like having a season go down the tubes on account of a stupid play...not the way to bow out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

n Response to How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy? : Nobody mentioned it because Peyton still got the ball back with 2 minutes left. Another bonehead move by the Colts is on their coach.  Why would you ever run the ball on 3rd and 7?  That's completely idiotic.  Maybe if you've been blowing them off the line all day and have a dominant rb.  But even then it's pretty stupid.  Caldwell is an awful coach--the timeout was another example of how awful he is.
    Posted by 45-3

I think that was Manning calling an audible because he was afraid of the pressure.  We all know how he cannot handle the pressure in the post-season and would gleefully club baby harp seals on an ice flow if it meant he would avoid adding to his "fold 'em" reputation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'm glad that wasn't the deciding point of the game.  You collective bundle of sticks would just be crying all week that the Jets were given a game by the refs.  Given the multitude of post regarding how unfair it all is, I can see the writing on the wall for next week.  Waaaaa Jets hit us too hard and weren't flagged.  Waaaaa, Jets D backs hold on every play and are not flagged (isn't that what colt fans say about the patsies?) Waaaaa Jets WR are pushing off.  One might think that the 49ers fan base are the ones light in loafers, but as it turns out it's the patsies' fans- should have known by the name patises.  Whining little biatches!
    Posted by PhatRex

At this junction, Manning got what he wanted.  In addition, we've seen him do it many times...march downfield.  Although the play was not in question, it was a bonehead play.  How could the Colts defender not be aware that his colliding with the kicker would not result in that kind of penalty?

So, nobody is whining.  (Nice try.)  Rather, it was pointed out that smart(er) players don't do stuff like that.  This is why the Pats often pass on boneheads in the draft.

It doesn't surprise that you would attempt to turn this into something on our board.  I'm sure everybody just loves you here with that tone and those descriptors (i.e. bundle of sticks).

No bother.  You'll be crying about how you mortgage your future for nothing in the end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

would gleefully club baby harp seals on an ice flow if it meant he would avoid adding to his "fold 'em" reputation.

If those stupid little seals wern't tresspassing they wouldnt get such a headache.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I just learned from Harley on another thread that Manning did not call that running play on 3rd and 7.  According to Manning in a presser, it was Caldwell's fault.  Nice to see Manning assign due blame where it is due.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy? : LOL.  So when things go great, the story is Manning is a coach on the field, calls his own plays, checks into whatever passing plays he wants at will.  Basically runs and calls the entire offense singlehandedly.  Then when it comes to a 3rd and 7 with the game on the line, conveniently, Maning puts the blame on someone else?  Somehow I think that'll be swept under the rug before he's on set for his next Sony commercial. 
    Posted by Mike-J-D

That's an interesting bit.  Meanwhile, TB is put down as the "not as much of a student of the game" in convenient articles that lend to the local sentiment(s).  How clever!  How devious.

Of course,m several articles (this year) indicated by the players how much time BB and TB spend at work.  Indeed- inconsistency is the root of confusion.  Perhaps, confusion sells?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy? : Oh good, I'm glad you are still crying about Rex's opinion.  I thought you wussies were over it, but I should have known that it will gnaw at you for a long time.  Tune in tomorrow for "As the patsy fans turn" when rusty pinkhat will cry that Rex Ryan, although he has 20 wins in his first two years as a coach should only actually have 4 because it's "just not fair" that BB was horrible in Cleveland.
    Posted by PhatRex

NP, Pats fans.  PhatRex will be gone next week.

BTW, PhatRex needs to read the thread that talks about the jets salary cap.  Acquiring 17 players for $2m sounds like the franchise's biggest obstacle moving ahead.  However, mortgaging the future was required so that the fatter Rex could amasss 20 wins.  It also explains how "sanchize" could appear successful.  Once the most of the current cast is cut loose and they are left with a shell of a team, we'll see how their performance(s) fare.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy? : NP, Pats fans.  PhatRex will be gone next week. BTW, PhatRex needs to read the thread that talks about the jets salary cap.  Acquiring 17 players for $2m sounds like the franchise's biggest obstacle moving ahead.  However, mortgaging the future was required so that the fatter Rex could amasss 20 wins.  It also explains how "sanchize" could appear successful.  Once the most of the current cast is cut loose and they are left with a shell of a team, we'll see how their performance(s) fare.
    Posted by BTownExpress

Phat Rex, where ya' been? I see a loss keeps you in your hole and a win gets you to pop your head above ground like the praire dog Jets' fan that you are.

Do prairie dogs hibernate? I ask, because after Sunday night you won't have a reason to come out of your hole until some time next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The universe does not begin or end in Boston

yes it does!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Sorry stalker, there are like 30 other teams out there.  The universe does not begin or end in Boston.  Get over yourself. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Yet, most experts- including jets fans on the New York Times poll -show that all roads to the Super Bowl lead through New England.  The overinvestment that the foolish jets made (i.e. mortgage their future) is based on the fact that they must get past the Pats.  Ergo, the football universe for them begins/ends in New England.

Of course, we find it more than a curiosity that you would spend so much time here...as though  your insights based on contempt and disdain for our most excellent football program are valued and appreciated.  Get over yourself!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy? : Great, another obsessed patsie fan keeping track (although pretty poorly) of when and how often I post here.  Sorry stalker, there are like 30 other teams out there.  The universe does not begin or end in Boston.  Get over yourself. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Hey Fat Head...you disappeared for a long time after the Patsies" stomped your team.  Now you are back because your team won by one point against an admittedly (by Manning) weaker team, crushed by injuries.  Nobody on the Pats team or fan base is making any excuses.  No need to, and besides, you make enough for all of us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

In Response to Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy? : Oh good, I'm glad you are still crying about Rex's opinion.  I thought you wussies were over it, but I should have known that it will gnaw at you for a long time.  Tune in tomorrow for "As the patsy fans turn" when rusty pinkhat will cry that Rex Ryan, although he has 20 wins in his first two years as a coach should only actually have 4 because it's "just not fair" that BB was horrible in Cleveland.
    Posted by PhatRex

Hey Phat Rex, are you Ryan's wife coming in here to defend him, if so go cook him another low fat meal of cheetos and get off our Pats board, your getting old and we are getting sick of seeing you here, Find a Jester board to rank on. BYE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: How about that roughing the kicker play in Indy? : Every year, it's the same.  For at least 5 years running the Jets have been in a terrible cap situation.  Somehow, the next off season, they cut a couple of guys, don't resign some others, and then sign a few more FA that improve the team.  This year is different how?  The irony is that you fools are always saying that this guy or that guy isn't very good, yet the Jets will be in trouble if they lose them.
    Posted by PhatRex

This sounds like the ny yankee's aproach to football.  So, your approach to building a team relies on swapping parts- most of them -frequently, until something sticks.  Hmmmnnn, the reactionary mode is not necessarily the best strategy.  So, how has that worked out for you?  What do you have to show for it, besides just making the playoffs?

Ironnically, you call us fools.  Our team's performances for the past 10 years are the envy of New York, and you know it.  More specifically, we have a legitimate football program built from the ground up.  You have a collection of individuals who are often past their prime.  Yet, you speak to us as though the opposite were true in both cases.  What a curiosity?

The brilliance of the salary cap league is that you can retool very easily.  Apparently, you can bring in a coach, 11 new starters through FA, a rookie QB and still do pretty well.

Words of wisdom?  Does this imply that the draft is useless?  Gee, too bad you couldn't trade your picks for money and just buy players, yeah?  Surprisingly, most new teams (to the league) struggle for a bit.  They have not figured out what you know about the brilliance of the salary cap.  Consider writing a book on topic.  Note: you will have to bear down on that "somehow" section...explain it better than that.  If your inkling is correct, most teams that didn't make the playoffs will buy it along with aspiring coaches.  However, if they all do it, there may not be enough players (for sale) to go around.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

PhatRex: Ironcially, you call me stupid et al.  Not only do your insufficient presentation "skills" indicate you as such, but your critical thinking skills are deficient beyond sports talk...shame and a sin.

Put simply, Phat and stupid is no way to go through life.  Consider utilising sites that will improve your position for argument, before engaging.  Otherwise, after the game- any game -you are stuck with stupid for life.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

phat rex are you stalking btown ? it looks like your  looking for his post then following him there,stalking is illegal if you didnt know!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

OK like I've said in other posts,the worse call of the day was the non call on Eric Smith for PI he hit I believe Tamme on the 3 yard line driving his shoulder through the potential receiver on Peyton's final drive,he clearly hits the receiver way before the ball arrives and unless they change the rules of the game it's either a PI or a contact penalty,in either case it tells you how badly the NFL wants that NYC TV market to still be in the playoffs! For those who think that this game coming up will be called evenly you are nuts! 10 million potential TV viewers mean big bucks to the NFL as a business entity,it wouldn't surprise me to see the penalty flags flying against the Patriots on any big play they will be calling penalties against the Pats...Unless the Jets score a TD on the play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I am loathe to get into a pre-emptive officials conspiracy theory discussion, but it is worth noting that flags were conspicuous by their absence in the Colts-Jests game. As Pats fans, we may be overly sensitive about it, but it's become customary to see the zebras marching hand-in-hand down the field with Manning, and we quite suggestively DID NOT see that Saturday night.

Whether this means that the league has consciously shifted its allegiance -- and the wild card in the deck that is the zebras -- to New Jersey remains to be seen. But one thing is clear: Indy is no longer the darling of the league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

loathe, but what the heck, right?

Sections
Shortcuts