How are the Pats not favored in this game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

How are the Pats not favored in this game

Am i missing something. And don't start with #1 O and #1 D because this is what they have done and this is who they played.. I know they start slow and  there are no gimmes anymore. Every game is an idividual battle, and we're on the road.. I know I know.. But seriously.. If the Pats don't turn the ball over they winn by 14 minimum.. 

KC - Loss...  nice little team. maybe 8-8 this year
    Jacksonville - Win.. Did you watch MNF...
    Seattle - Loss... RONFLMAO
    Cardinals - Win...  Big woop
    Oakland - Loss... Really..
    Rams - Loss... yes they beat us in pre but they are not a contender..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: How are the Pats not favored in this game

The thought here is that this is a road game, which we havenot done well in, against a team that blew us out last year.  SD need's this win more than we do as far as staying in the playoff race.  People expect River's to pick us apart in the secondary.  I would say there is a slight edge going to SD, but for obvious reasons I believe the Pat's will pull it out. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I prefer they are not while on the road, but I agree.  Vegas knows what they are doing, though.

Also, SD plays better at home by a mile, than they do on the road.   Further, SD plays up and down to its competition.  This is their season. Expect a wounded animal approach from them.

Up front, I agree with you, though.  Everything seems to point to NE winning this game, but that is why they play em.  SD's O and D Lines aren't very good. 

NE should be able to run the ball on them. And pass it.  And they should be able to contain the run and contain the pass in zone coverage, especially without Vincent Jackson running around.

I expect Gates to play, but I also expect a similar style gameplan that we always see when BB draws it up for Indy or SD.  Double Gates, contain the run.

Make no mistake, NE will have to earn this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

SD plays stronger at home, and is a gifted passing team. Plus Vegas is always cognizant of the west coast differential, where it is hard for east coast teams because of the time difference. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

it's because the Pats get no respect

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

We're a young team traveling cross country and mainly because San Diego still gets respect as a good team in Las Vegas. Vegas considers these two teams equal except for the Home team / Road team difference. The Pats as stated by JBolt haven't played good on the road as of the last couple of years and SanDiego has played very well at home. Vegas goes by Numbers and trends because that's how Gamblers look at games. If they made the Pats a favorite in this game all the Money would come in on the Chargers. Except for Pats fans of course.
     I think the Pats should win and I'm even a little afraid to put any money on this one. Kind of like with the Dolphins game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Chargers are toast!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: How are the Pats not favored in this game:
    Chargers are toast!
    Posted by themightypatriotz

I've been waiting for this post all week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am laughing at Peter King saying Rivers is "on fire" after playing Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, Oakland, etc, and then claims NE's secondary is "generous".

NE's secondary will hit you, INT you, etc, but they are generous?

Pitt is ranked 24th in pass D.  NYJs? 27th.  Revis was also toasted again last week for another TD.  It's a fallacy that NE's secondary is that bad.

NE also leads the NFL in turnover return yards.

I don't see a lot of generosity here. 

I love the obvious agenda and how it continues from King here. Ever since he's had his access cut off, he's gone into anti-BB mode even if it makes him look dumb.

The bottom line is, SD has played arguably the worst teams in the NFL so far this season, minus Buffalo and Carolina.

Hence, why Rivers has big numbers, but little in the win column to show for it.

This is a classic case of NE winning the match up battle in a landslide AND the time of possession factor being the differentiator.

Can SD control that or is NE better than their previous opponents, so SD can't control it and move the ball?

Ryan Matthews is a big wild card in this one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

The thought here is that this is a road game, which we havenot done well in, against a team that blew us out last year.  SD need's this win more than we do as far as staying in the playoff race.  People expect River's to pick us apart in the secondary.  I would say there is a slight edge going to SD, but for obvious reasons I believe the Pat's will pull it out. 
    Posted by Getzo

uh, sd didnt play us this year.  infact, im pretty sure they havent beaten us since 2005ish

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

2008 with Cassel.

2002, before that with Brees.

Translation:  They haven't fared well against Brady.

Brady has lost once each to both Pitt and SD in his career.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

2008 with Cassel. 2002, before that with Brees. Translation:  They haven't fared well against Brady. Brady has lost once each to both Pitt and SD in his career.
    Posted by BBReigns

thanks... and if i recall that 2002 game was a blowout

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

2008 was for sure.    2002s in SD wasn't too bad.  28-14 or something by memory.

2008's reminded me of New Orleans on MOnday night last year.  Cassel had them 1st and goal from the 5 in the first half in a low scoring game, SD stopped them cold on 4 downs, then  drove all the way down to score which just flipped the momentum for the rest of the game.

Similary, in 2009, NE was about to go up 17-3 on the Saints, after running all over them, and Brady threw a horrendously timed INT to kill that drive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

load up on this game if you're a gamber

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: How are the Pats not favored in this game : uh, sd didnt play us this year.  infact, im pretty sure they havent beaten us since 2005ish
    Posted by flutie66

My bad. Russ cleared it up, but that's what I meant.  They smoked us on Monday Night Football if I remember correctly. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Whatever.  It's SD.  Wounded, not even as good as in past years.  Are we as good as in past years?  I say... we are very close right now.  We win BIG there, is my guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

2008 was for sure.    2002s in SD wasn't too bad.  28-14 or something by memory. 2008's reminded me of New Orleans on MOnday night last year.  Cassel had them 1st and goal from the 5 in the first half in a low scoring game, SD stopped them cold on 4 downs, then  drove all the way down to score which just flipped the momentum for the rest of the game. Similary, in 2009, NE was about to go up 17-3 on the Saints, after running all over them, and Brady threw a horrendously timed INT to kill that drive.
    Posted by BBReigns

aside from 2008 with cassel, we lost to them in 2005 after our third superbowl 41-17, just looked it up

i remember in the post game, LT stated that we had had a good run in the past but now it was their turn.  THAT was the moment i began to hate LT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Only thing that I can guess is that the refs are already bought and millions of dollars of wise guy money is down on this game.  Check the betting volume. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: How are the Pats not favored in this game : aside from 2008 with cassel, we lost to them in 2005 after our third superbowl 41-17, just looked it up i remember in the post game, LT stated that we had had a good run in the past but now it was their turn.  THAT was the moment i began to hate LT
    Posted by flutie66

Then 2007 happened.... and then the 2010 "renaissance" happened.  We're here to stay LT, like it or not. 

Can we anoint this season as the "renaissance seaosn"? Back to the old ways, no?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Chargers are toast!
    Posted by themightypatriotz

While I acknowledge that Mighty is slow to be optimistic about any aspect of the Pats, I am sure of a "W" Sunday. It's not to say I am not aware of the pitfalls that may await, trap game, wounded animal etc,etc, but my gut feeling is that the development will continue and Pats come away from the West Coast feeling even more confident. I do not wish to be a homer or to underestimate the opponent, it's just I kinda know it is a "W".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: How are the Pats not favored in this game : aside from 2008 with cassel, we lost to them in 2005 after our third superbowl 41-17, just looked it up i remember in the post game, LT stated that we had had a good run in the past but now it was their turn.  THAT was the moment i began to hate LT
    Posted by flutie66

Yup. Forgot about that one. In NE, right?  LT is such a little turd.  A dumb turd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

All the reasons given previously pretty much sum up why the Bolts are favored in this game.  To an disinterested observer, the only clear advantages that the Pats have are in coaching and special teams.  I think everyone who posts regularly on this board would consider QB a clear advantage for the Pats as well but I don't think Vegas sees it that way given the numbers that Rivers has put up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I'll take us over an overrated defense( look at the offenses they faced so far, all garbage ) and a Vincent Jackson-less and Antonio Gate-less Chargers passing game. Their O-line struggled against the Rams who posted 7 sacks on them. I think we have a better front seven then the Rams do so I expect similar results if not better. Not necessarily 5+ sacks but domination against the run and 3 or 4 sacks.

If I was a gambler, I would bet my life savings we win this one. Well, not really but something along those lines. Then again I lost 500 dollars on our 07 superbowl loss down here in NJ so I no longer gamble on professional sports.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Just to put the negatives in perspective. We began with injuries to players in key positions and done for the year. Couple this with a "D" that was young and inexperienced. Also the early outings did not auger well for the "D". Cannot remember who made the point about BB tinkering and feeling his way with zone and man coverages in earlier games,especially v Bills, to the point of testing what he thought he actually had and had not.
    We are going into Week 7 with our bye done and dusted and we are 4-1. I mean we would have jumped at that at the outset taking into consideration all of the intangibles of unproven players ( and unit) at start of season and in particular at "some" fans reactions to the final pre-season game. BB tinkering w/o doubt.
     After this W/E it will be 5-1 I have no doubt,not a one. Enjoy Sunday and to those Pats fans going to game, have fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

wow comparing SD's schedule to ours is unbelievable.

We have faced the Bengals, jets..., phins, ravens.

meanwhile they have played and lost to chiefs, raiders, and rams.

the guys in vegas know wat they are doing and that worries me.
    Last week's line NE (-3). Final score: Patriots 23 ravens 20. creepy!

The Patriots are a rising team and have done great on special teams, which is exactly where SD has struggled and lost games this year. 

I think it will be a close game decided by 1 Special teams and 1 defensive turnover that lead to a Patriots win.

Sections
Shortcuts