How are you preparing for the storm of the centu.... this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Re: How are you preparing for the storm of the centu.... this year

In Philly here we're only supposed to get rain and no more then 3 to 6 inches. And it is still the top story on the 11 o'clock news over murders and robberies. Pathetic. This looks like a real bad one up there. Stock up and watch some old playoff and reg. season games form the Pats and the Sox and eveyone else. My sister lives in Nashua so she and her husband are right on that track. Question Everybody has a favorite playoff or SB win. What is your favorite regular season win or wins for the Pats in the Past 11 years??? I have two. The 2003 win in Indy(what a goal line stand) and the crushing of the Jets 45-3 in 2010. Hon mention is the 2007 win in Indy. Just curious. Take care and be safe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

In MA there is a small excuse for those who lived through the "Blizzard of '78".  Governor Dotaxus prohibited driving for a full week after the storm.  I have relatives that talk about the storm like it was last week.

But truth be told if a storm is forecast anywhere in the 50 states there will be a run on the supermarkets/hardware stores.

For hurricanes I always wondered why there is a run on plywood at the hardware stores, leading to empty shelves.   Then the next storm comes through and the cycle repeats itself.  I would just hold onto the plywood I bought for $$$ but maybe people don't want the hassle or have a place to store it.  Puzzles me.

I heard some stations say that we could get as much snow as the Blizzard of 78.  It definitely has the potential to be a significant storm. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Amazing, all this ruckus. Why when I was younger I recall a real storm. I was passing through a place in Florida, Key Largo they called it. THere was this pretty blonde and an older gentleman running an old hotel. The guy reminded me of Lionel Barrymore. It was a whopper of a storm and you would not believe what happened...

As the storm was coming in a car pulled up and this guy and his buddies get out of the car see. And they come into the hotel see... and check out the joint. And they say they are staying till the storm ended see...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Now that I've moved to Canada, most of my preparation involves trying to convert 25 - 30 centimetres into inches.  

Yeah, the hosers are very annoying with that French measuring thing. It's great for science, but kinda ruins the traditional and cultural aspects of things.

Like in the Sonny Boy Williamson song.....

"It was below zero on the outside, but I brought my Baby's temperature up to 110... oh yes I did..."

That sounds way better than....

"It was below -17.77 on the outside, but I brought my Baby's temperature up to 43.33... oh yes I did..."

The overall solution is obvious = Canada, don't do anything unless we tell you to.

Sections
Shortcuts