How bad do you want Brian Hartline on the Patriots?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: How bad do you want Brian Hartline on the Patriots?

If welker is out of NE, i can see the Pats paying maybe close to the 5.

But it is true, what everybody is saying... we don´t need another guy like him.

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

26 years, 6`2... experience in the AFC east...  

at the right price... YES !

Apparently his price is $5-6 million annually. You think that is the right price for him?  I think not.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

On a scale on 1-10...0

Guys, there are black WRs in the NFL too...and some of them are pretty good. What's with the affectation for white WRs? Amendola, Hartline, Collie...you guys want them all, but they all do the same thing. Possesion WRs with limited speed, call me when Jordy Nelson comes knocking. In an ideal world, I'd love to have Mike Wallace come through the door, but I doubt that'll happen.

Maybe a WR corps with Lloyd, Hernandez, Stallworth, Edelman and (Maybe) Amendola is good enough. I'd rather take the 8-12 million the Patriots will offer Welker and put it into the defense. 

Are you seriously bringing race into this?

I'd rather put Brady under center and run more traditional sets vs watch him look for two of his most obvious options inside the hashes over and over.

Yes, I am. I don't think it's a malicious thing where most of the guys on this board only want white WRs, but...well, a white WR is always on the top of the priority list. I get it, it's Boston, we're always looking for Larry Bird, but there are better talent out there. 

Hartline for 5 million? Pass...let me hear what Jennings and Wallace want. 

Mike Wallace?  The guy runs 4 routes and admitted to taking plays off.  How delusional can you be here?

Also, your implication that fans here care about skin color when wanting a winning team is racist and preposterous.

No one cared what color Larry Bird was. 

No one said Hartline for 5 million.  I suggested 4.  That's a reasonable price for both parties, especially if NE can control the years in a deal.

It's all in play, but no Mike Wallace, please. 

I never said that's ALL some of you guys care about (I'm talking TFB, mostly), I said a white WR is always the most sought after guys for him. Like I said, I don't think he's being malicious, maybe he just likes cheering for the underdog, but it's not a lie. 

And there's no need to act like it's not factual. I'm not calling anyone a racist or anything in that realm. Just pointing out what's true. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who needs NFL caliber players when you can sign CFL's at pennies on the dollar?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We cut Ebert and no one picked him up, not sure I'm a fan of his. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

On a scale on 1-10...0

Guys, there are black WRs in the NFL too...and some of them are pretty good. What's with the affectation for white WRs? Amendola, Hartline, Collie...you guys want them all, but they all do the same thing. Possesion WRs with limited speed, call me when Jordy Nelson comes knocking. In an ideal world, I'd love to have Mike Wallace come through the door, but I doubt that'll happen.

Maybe a WR corps with Lloyd, Hernandez, Stallworth, Edelman and (Maybe) Amendola is good enough. I'd rather take the 8-12 million the Patriots will offer Welker and put it into the defense. 

Are you seriously bringing race into this?

I'd rather put Brady under center and run more traditional sets vs watch him look for two of his most obvious options inside the hashes over and over.

Yes, I am. I don't think it's a malicious thing where most of the guys on this board only want white WRs, but...well, a white WR is always on the top of the priority list. I get it, it's Boston, we're always looking for Larry Bird, but there are better talent out there. 

Hartline for 5 million? Pass...let me hear what Jennings and Wallace want. 

Mike Wallace?  The guy runs 4 routes and admitted to taking plays off.  How delusional can you be here?

Also, your implication that fans here care about skin color when wanting a winning team is racist and preposterous.

No one cared what color Larry Bird was. 

No one said Hartline for 5 million.  I suggested 4.  That's a reasonable price for both parties, especially if NE can control the years in a deal.

I never said that's ALL some of you guys care about (I'm talking TFB, mostly), I said a white WR is always the most sought after guys for him. Like I said, I don't think he's being malicious, maybe he just likes cheering for the underdog, but it's not a lie. 

And there's no need to act like it's not factual. I'm not calling anyone a racist or anything in that realm. Just pointing out what's true. 

Personally, I don't think it's necessary to imply someone sees skin color and thinks "he'd be good Patriot material".

We already have enough jealous haters running around. We don't need to introduce anymore ammo for the morons who look for any possible angle to attack the organization.

My favorite Pats player of all time is Troy Brown and I could care less what color he is.

I think BB looks for route runners, guys who can catch, get some separation and yes, be intelligent.

If it so happens that means they look at more white guys, just by coincidence, then so be it.     It's pretty clear it's not about skin color, but about system fit and skill set.

As stated before, I am in favor of them looking harder at NCAA prospects in terms of high football IQ to be able to adjust faster, understand different routes and defenses, so the learning curve is easier for them.

Whether Chad Jackson is white or black, let's be honest, the guy just isn't very bright. That was a complete roll of the dice choice and he never was a fit.  Moss is a very intelligent person and his freakish skills in his prime have made people think they need to find another Moss. They don't.  They need another Branch or Patten on the edge to go with Lloyd.

I think Edelman and Ebert can be good complementary pieces in the slot moving forward with it being Hernandez's job.  Get some more athletic, larger targets on the perimeter who can separate, white, black, blue, or orange.

Hartline, Jennings, maybe a Bennett or a Mike Thomas.  Who knows what the market is now or who is available based on the market right now.

Wallace would never be a fit here, IMO. Imagine Brady trying to get him to shape up here? lol

First of all, I never said that someone sees skin color and assumes he's Patriots material. I mostly just assume he's falling for the trap that most analysts fall into. I remember a few years ago when Jordy Nelson came onto the scene and everyone, his coaches included, tried to pencil him in as a slot WR because Welker was white and so that mean Jordy was a slot WR too. 

I never said you cared for race, buddy, and I'm talking about the post-2007 offense. It's assumed that any white WR can flourish here because Welker and Edelman did a great job in the system. I could care less if our entire WR corps were white, black or asian, I just want some burners. 

I never accused the Patriots of being a racist organization either, of our 7 WRs, only two are white. That would be a silly claim to make. And yes, Ocho isn't very bright, Palmer used to tell him "run a curl route" instead of calling plays to him. I also disagree, I don't think we need another possesion WR. We have a ton of those, personally, I think we have a set WR corps with (Lloyd, Stallworth, Hernandez, Edelman and if the Pats want Amendola--not opposed to signing him), but I'd love to get an upgrade on Stallworth with Wallace or Jennings, but neither is likely since I think the Pats need to spend as much cash as possible on the defense. 

Hartline I don't like, Jennings would cost too much, Bennett...see Hartline and while I like Mike Thomas, I still say we need someone bigger to fight off press coverage. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Will Stallworth have anything left to come back next year. He may be better than Branch at this stage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

26 years, 6`2... experience in the AFC east...  

at the right price... YES !

Apparently his price is $5-6 million annually. You think that is the right price for him?  I think not.

You start a thread asking a rhetorical question. Cleary Hartline is a pretty good WR, so I'll ask you a question....What is the right price? 

3-4 tops! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Because he is looking for a contract paying him $5-6 million annually.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5191/brian-hartline

LOL at him wanting $5-6 million!

gotta keep bargain hunting! i figure pats want to pay him about $20,000...for the whole season...

and pre season too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

i agree with you on that, wallace is fast but i'm not sold on the guy at all, he can vanish for not only plays but entire games. we need someone consistant that comes to play on every down.

Sections
Shortcuts