How bad has McCourty become?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

How bad has McCourty become?

This doesn't look pretty guys. Except for one or two big plays he was horrible today. It seems pretty obvious we need Chung back fast and need to see more of Edelmen on defense. the big momentum shift in this game was the 3rd and long penalty on McCourty with the Pats up 14-3. We stop me there and it might be a different game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: How bad has McCourty become?

I guess it depends how bad that shoulder is.  He sure looked not that great out there in the fist half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he didn't look to good in the first half. He would have had an INT if not for th bogus roughing the passer penalty they gave Carter.

He looked better in the second half. But I think he's far from good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to How bad has McCourty become?:
    [QUOTE]This doesn't look pretty guys. Except for one or two big plays he was horrible today. It seems pretty obvious we need Chung back fast and need to see more of Edelmen on defense. the big momentum shift in this game was the 3rd and long penalty on McCourty with the Pats up 14-3. We stop me there and it might be a different game.
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

That was an absolutely unacceptable play.  It showed the kid is not intelligent.  He had no concept of the down and distance.  Let the guy catch the ball and it's 4th and 9.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zchowdary. Show Zchowdary's posts

Yes, he looked bad in the first three quarters, but did anybody notice that once he made that INT (too bad it was taken away) he started playing lights out?? 
    Made a diving pass breakup on tight coverage with Stallworth to kill a drive, then again killed a drive when he broke up Gaffney's catch. He then seemed to have aggravated his shoulder, but if anybody noticed on Mayo's pick Mcourty had his reciever covered up like a blanket. In the fourth he gave up only one catch and even then the commentators noted that it was great coverage and he nearly broke it up but Stallsworth held on to it like his life depended on it. 

So, perhaps he's on the verge of being back in form...I knew all he needed is a spark, and the INT/fourth quarter could have been it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: How bad has McCourty become?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, he looked bad in the first three quarters, but did anybody notice that once he made that INT (too bad it was taken away) he started playing lights out??  Made a diving pass breakup on tight coverage with Stallworth to kill a drive, then again killed a drive when he broke up Gaffney's catch. He then seemed to have aggravated his shoulder, but if anybody noticed on Mayo's pick Mcourty had his reciever covered up like a blanket. In the fourth he gave up only one catch and even then the commentators noted that it was great coverage and he nearly broke it up but Stallsworth held on to it like his life depended on it.  So, perhaps he's on the verge of being back in form...I knew all he needed is a spark, and the INT/fourth quarter could have been it. 
    Posted by Zchowdary[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so - I thought his play in the second half was very good 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He sucks, he's a target. 

He's the new Butler, Wilhite, O'neal and Hobbs. -_-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Is this all you have got??? he sucks  hes bad etc etc  etc.......Good thing he doesnt read this bull....... He is the best the pats have...end of story...and again i will say...hes the only one that will stay close   and make the tackle the majority of the time.... would i like more big plays yes....but overall am still supporting him..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

He had both some terrible moments and some good moments. He needs to be more consistent. He definitely is now a target. In the beginning of the game they kept throwing his way and even later on they were coming his way alot. I think they should try Molden again, he had some decent coverage when DMC was out injured.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Patriots lack of pressure on opposing QBs, makes playing DB in NE the toughest job in the NFL.

Add in that our SS is a wide receiver and you realize that McCourty doesn't have much help out there.

He's still a good player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I still have hope for McCourty.  I'm hoping at some point he will break out of his sophomore slump, he still is very young and relatively inexperienced.

For what it's worth he did have 3 PD and would have had an interception today...and his 4th quarter did look much much better (which if you had to pick a quarter to play well in...4th would be the one to pick)

Overall though he still looked bad today, can't give a guy props for playing 1 quarter. (lets see what he does next week)  But overall I thought the secondary was HORRIBLE today.  It might not have been the worst game statistically, but the Redskins seemed to move the ball pretty much at will.  All of their touchdowns were when the receiver was wide open. The red zone defense today was not as good as it's been this year.

The pats secondary just looked lost and slow. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zchowdary. Show Zchowdary's posts

Also, it's becoming kinda obvious that he is still injured. Not even the shoulder injury (Cameras showed his arm just hanging, and he's so tough he played thru it) but something else. The lockout harmed players like Mcourty and Cunningham big time. Its not possible that he went from an elite corner who everyone thought was the next big corner in the NFL to a Butler. And he looked like his old self in the fourth quarter. People have a tendency to always focus on the negative.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The patriots have a undersized WR in the defensive backfield and an undersized QB in the defensive backfield.

Last year, when McCourty had legitimate NFL safeties with him - he was fine.