How can a Belichick defense be this bad?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: How can a Belichick defense be this bad?

Rusty when was the last time you held the defense accountable for anything?  The secondary SUCKED yesterday.  It was f'ing terrible.  All you do is go on about holding or PI or Brady or not running enough meaning we didn't control the clock (well actually we did, but whatever).  You have never just admitted that the defense flat out sucked there is always some little excuse or jab at the offense you just have to get in.  If you think Brady sucked more than the secondary yesterday you need to seek help.  Seattle's offense has done NOTHING all year.  If Brady had played like our secondary yesterday we would have lost by 30.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

As I posted last night...the game reminded me of a line from Apollo 13 "What do we have on the spacecraft that's good?"

Woody was good.

Nic and Spikes were OK but Wilson being allowed to run around in the backfield for 5 or 6 seconds reflects on both the line and linebackers.

The O line was inconsistant but so was the rest of the offense and the playcalling. The secondary was what they are and any words I'd use would be blocked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

We were bad on both sides of the ball. That's it.

I'm astonished by the fact that we threw 58 times...IN THE RAIN AND WITH THE LEAD. What happened to the nice balance we had against Denver last week? Run to keep the defense guessing and to open up PA (which Brady is pretty good at). I have faith they will figure it out next week against the Jets.

As for the defense, also very up and down in this game. Good moments and bad moments. The secondary looked awful but I did think the pass rush was a bit better this week (Wilson was forced to run more). Let's hope they can improve as the season goes on.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm not going into a 5 paragraph ( Quote ) (Quote) t it for tat. I'm sorry it just looked like his arm went dead. It's not an excuse, it's my observation. We were winning going away until Brady just couldn't hit throws he had been hitting for a long time. It is a fact that he is 35 and has a couple surgeries it s ucks but we all get old at there is a point when our abiities just go. I'm no Tom Brady but it happened to me it happens to everyone it was an observation thats all . If you look at my avatar you'll see I'm quite the Brady fan but no coaching shift or scheme can handle something like that happenning in the middle of the game. Pitchers have pitch counts, maybe his arm just gave out, it s ucks but it happens. McNabb is an example of a guy whos arm just died, he went from being a strong armed bomber to a guy that couldn't make a 15 yd out. I have no idea where the what TB would or wouldn't do on the sidelines, but I'm saying we went from a developing blowout to a devastating loss . I'm hoping this was just a bad 1/2 but it looked more like his armed just gave out.

11. This post has been removed.