HOW CAN WE RESTORE THE PATS PLAYOFF PASSION & MANHOOD?....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HOW CAN WE RESTORE THE PATS PLAYOFF PASSION & MANHOOD?....

its clear to me that this playoff drought crisis is no longer just a coincidence. pats and bel are great regular season teams due to our deliberate cerebral-assasin approach. however, it is equally clear that it is not enough anymore to win or dominate in the playoffs for a ring. forget the x and os, it comes to heart and some human emotion... who wants it more. pats seem to play at one level, even keel all the way, stay above the fray. that is a detriment in the playoffs. 

2005 against denver was the first test as champ bailey and the gang just outpassioned us the entire week leading to the game and throughout most of the game. as they succeeded, it just added to the fuel. 2006 was more a battle of cerebrals with peyton coming out ahead.. again since we were the road team, had we gone more with more passion we could have pulled it out as the jets did. boy i wonder y peyton is only 9-10 in the playoffs? that methodical approach often becomes a hindrance come playoff time. in 2007, the giants played with the exact fire as the jets did yesterday. 2009, clearly the ravens brought loads of it to foxboro.. i live in baltimore and you could feel the passion the entire weak.. all that hatred, anger and resolve in the air. 2010 speaks for itself..

bottom line is that bel has to realize that the reason guys like ty law, asante samuel, bruschi, phifer, mcginest, brian cox (do we have anyone like that on this team?), and even deion  (along with the davids) were able to win here was that they were able to have an outlet for that passion. every coach is smart come playoff time (even norv turner), the difference often comes from who can best inspire inner passion in execution and resolve from their guys. bulletin board nonsense only goes so far for it is an external motivator. from the constant stomping and trash talking going on in the game to the outright taunts to peyton, those old guard pats guys brought both intellect and passion. 

now it seems like bel only wants the whitest of white bread players. how do you punish a white breader like welk for being human? of course you have to say something back to the jets and not just keep getting hit in the ballls and trying to rise above it... it becomes a catch 22.. y would any stud free agent really want to come to the pats where you have to leave your passion and all basic human emotions at the door. i want guys like welk and even edelman being able to freely express themselves without crapp from the commie dictator part of belichick. enough is enough.

to be more blunt, there is no way jets are talking that much smack with those type of old guard guys around the pats. first of we had 3-4 bart scotts on our team to put the fear of death in other guys. we were the bullies on the block who could back it up. we would have been saying stuff like you are putting your days as a player in this league in jeopardy if you keep yapping and then go out there and actually whack some one in the head. name one hard hit the pats put on anyone? we didnt even go after cromatie.. we are just a bunch of wimpped out automatons..  just bringing your lunch pale to work sometimes just does not cut it, sometimes you must be willing to whack someone across the head with it if need be. 

how many nice guy  BJEs can we have on one team? the difference in the game versus the jets and the giants in the SB really came down to who wanted it more and PASSION.. the pats have been losing that game for years. like once we cant freely execute our perfect world logic we cave... start running the ball when we should be passing, getting happy feet as we throw the ball down into the ground as we look for a gissy  skirt to run under for protection from the big bad wolves. we can no longer outgrind and outpassion tough teams in the playoffs. jets sent 3 to 4 guys for most of the game. seemed like 14, but they were often just 3-4. very little blitzing yet force of will got them to brady. all year no pass rush from jets even on blitzes.. game came down to attrition and we lost AGAIN!

something has to change. let the guys high five, show off their personality to the media within reasonable bounds and show off real human emotions. enough of this communist dictator schtick! insanity is when you do the same crappp over and over hoping for a different result. unless we run into a passionless, less cerebral team, we will keep losing in the playoffs! like pete carroll or not, like rexy or not, these guys are on to something come playoff time! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: HOW CAN WE RESTORE PATS PLAYOFF PASSION & MANHOOD?....

You should cut off your head, and mail it to them.  That would fix everything.  Do it, do it now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

So many words just to say 'I'm clueless'. Save up your paper route money and buy your own team then you can hire all the big money free agents you want. Well a half dozen anyway until you hit the cap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Pete Carroll is a great playoff coach?

I tell you, these fantasy football players who've never watched a game are just ruining things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Keep Re-building that DEFENSE so it's Nasty and top in the League!  Then you'll see everything else fall into place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: HOW CAN WE RESTORE PATS PLAYOFF PASSION & MANHOOD?....:
    [QUOTE]Keep Re-building that DEFENSE so it's Nasty and top in the League!  Then you'll see everything else fall into place.
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

He wasn't asking an actual question.  He pretends to be a fan so he can troll slyly from the safety of that position.  Not buying the premise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Pete Carroll is a great playoff coach? I tell you, these fantasy football players who've never watched a game are just ruining things.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]excuse me genius, peter carroll won a playoff game, which is one more game than our great belichick! he won it while being outtalented at just about every position with a qb who could barely walk with a journeyman running back and an old pats castoff who can barely run any more (name rhymes with NILLOY).. carroll has proven a little collective passion can go along way even in the pros! so yep, he was great this year. he got allll he could get from his guys. because you question your country doesnt make one any less of a patriot, in same way because u question your home team doesnt make one less of a fan! 

i am convinced that if belichick was on the jets sidelines and rex was coaching our personnel, we would have won. i seldom think that but now i do... its not the x and os or the talent alone or the payroll. its about injecting some passion and letting the boys have some room to express it. the thorough feminization of our pats was on full display this past week. bel is now some hyper-pc soldier. 

gee, i wonder y the jets are not going to dare talk trash at the steels.. for they know a few of them may literally come back in body bags. if this were a prison, pats would be the guys passed around for cigarettes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW CAN WE RESTORE PATS PLAYOFF PASSION & MANHOOD?.... : excuse me genius, peter carroll won a playoff game, which is one more game than our great belichick! he won it while being outtalented at just about every position with a qb who could barely walk with a journeyman running back and an old pats castoff who can barely run any more (name rhymes with NILLOY).. carroll has proven a little collective passion can go along way even in the pros! so yep, he was great this year. he got allll he could get from his guys. because you question your country doesnt make one any less of a patriot, in same way because u question your home team doesnt make one less of a fan!  i am convinced that if belichick was on the jets sidelines and rex was coaching our personnel, we would have won. i seldom think that but now i do... its not the x and os or the talent alone or the payroll. its about injecting some passion and letting the boys have some room to express it. the thorough feminization of our pats was on full display this past week. bel is now some hyper-pc soldier.  gee, i wonder y the jets are not going to dare talk trash at the steels.. for they know a few of them may literally come back in body bags. if this were a prison, pats would be the guys passed around for cigarettes!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Fake Fan, posting fake things, and under a fake name.  You are the worst.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW CAN WE RESTORE PATS PLAYOFF PASSION & MANHOOD?.... : excuse me genius, peter carroll won a playoff game, which is one more game than our great belichick! he won it while being outtalented at just about every position with a qb who could barely walk with a journeyman running back and an old pats castoff who can barely run any more (name rhymes with NILLOY).. carroll has proven a little collective passion can go along way even in the pros! so yep, he was great this year. he got allll he could get from his guys. because you question your country doesnt make one any less of a patriot, in same way because u question your home team doesnt make one less of a fan!  i am convinced that if belichick was on the jets sidelines and rex was coaching our personnel, we would have won. i seldom think that but now i do... its not the x and os or the talent alone or the payroll. its about injecting some passion and letting the boys have some room to express it. the thorough feminization of our pats was on full display this past week. bel is now some hyper-pc soldier.  gee, i wonder y the jets are not going to dare talk trash at the steels.. for they know a few of them may literally come back in body bags. if this were a prison, pats would be the guys passed around for cigarettes!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Is your purpose here to constantly whine about the team ownership and management? Do you long for the return of the Sullivans?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOW CAN WE RESTORE PATS PLAYOFF PASSION & MANHOOD?.... : Is your purpose here to constantly whine about the team ownership and management? Do you long for the return of the Sullivans?
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]no, like you i thank allah/god/ great above/ the great commie/ great unknown, for giving my pats mr. kraft and his family and definitely belichick and brady. however it doesnt mean i cant step away objectively from the koolaid at times. i predicted 14-2 when this team was 1-2. i think that took trust in the organizatio to make those changes. i have no beef that this team is well-stocked for the regular season. wont shock me if we went 15-1 next year.. so what? 

my beef is exclusively with how we are built long term for the playoffs. there is now a 6 year track record and 3 straight years of either not going or losing early. y should i celebrate that? i dont care how great our draft is this year. without changing the underlining flaw, we will lose in same way we did last year and last week for the same reasons. we lack playoff guts and fortitude. teams now routinely do to us what we once did to the rams, and to happy feet peyton in the playoffs. u knock the mascara off brady and he starts to cower rather than channeling his inner roethlisberger and manning up!