how can you not like the guy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: how can you not like the guy?

Adam Schefter
    Patriots WR bought 70 Beats by Dre headphones to give out to each teammate for Sunday's flight to Indianapolis for Super Bowl.
    7 hours ago via WhoSay

Cheap ones go for 200 bucks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: how can you not like the guy?:
    [QUOTE]@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter Patriots WR @ Ochocinco bought 70 Beats by Dre headphones to give out to each teammate for Sunday's flight to Indianapolis for Super Bowl. 7 hours ago via WhoSay Cheap ones go for 200 bucks.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Beats usually go for $399. I read somewhere that it cost Ocho a total of around $28k. That's very generous on the part of Ocho.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Beats usually go for $399. I read somewhere that it cost Ocho a total of around $28k. That's very generous on the part of Ocho.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]
    Very generous for sure. That must be more than what Brady spends when he takes his linemen out to dinner. It's close, lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really wish it had worked out with this guy, something went very wrong and I have no idea what it was. I noticed that as soon as he got here Brady didn't seem overly excited with the acquisition. The guy does get open in the rare times he's out there...you got to think that if given the chance he'd love to redeem his season in the Super Bowl...I'd love to see that happen.

We are going to need someone to pick up the slack with Gronk being less than 100%.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: how can you not like the guy? : Very generous for sure. That must be more than what Brady spends when he takes his linemen out to dinner. It's close, lol.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

A nice bit of pocket change, especially for the not-so-paid players.

By advancing to the Super Bowl, Patriots players have already earned an additional $62,000 each as part of the NFL's playoff shares. With a Super Bowl win, they would earn another $88,000 each. If they lose in the Super Bowl, they would get $44,000...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ocho all the way. Hasn't done much so far, but his greatest hour is upon us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

He's been a heck of a downfield blocker even if he hasn't caught many balls. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]How about the first play from scrimmage is a long pass to Ocho? The Giants D will be on their heels all day after that each time he is on the field.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

Ocho on the field for the first play would be akin to Slater being on the field the first play after the Spikes INT. Might as well just give the NYG the ball at their 20 and save the effort.

Now, if you say put him out there on the first play, and throw a screen the other way, THAT would be smart thinking.

I don't see any way he makes any relevent impact. I really can't see him on the field for more than 5 plays. That might even be a stretch. The one chance he has is if nothing is there, Brady can extend the play a little, and Ocho finds himself all alone behind the D. IF that happens, and Brady doesn't miss him, and Ocho holds onto it....if those circumstances align perfectly, MAYBE he makes a play. I'm not holding out hope.

The only real hope I have for Ocho is that he somehow figures out what's been eluding him, takes advantage of a true off-season, and comes in ready for 2012.

Always been a fan of his, but it's more likely Welker, or Gronk, Or Hernandez, or Branch, or Edelman have a biggeer impact in the passing game. I might venture to puting Slater ahead of him too.

But, to answer the OP's original question, and title of this thread:

I don't see how you can't like him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Again and again, Ocho has been on the wrong page with Brady this year.  Either Ocho is a slow learner of a complex offense, Ocho has taken too many concussions in his career, or a little of both.  Both of these things happen.  One of these things is fixed by experience, and the other isn't.

Put Ocho in somewhat.  Set up simple routes for him, things that his brain will not scramble.  Save the complex formations for everyone else.  Tell him his route 1 through 9 in the huddle and tell him twice.    On no-huddles, line him up on the Patriots side and have maybe Zoltan the punter hold up the correct number of fingers on the sidelines for Ocho.

At least he's fast enough and he can catch some balls. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I see Paul_K's point.  If the Pats put Ocho on the field and immediately try for a long pass play, they've tipped their hand for possibly the rest of the game.  Maybe do some underneath stuff with him then "unleash the Ocho!".  Got to disguise what they will try to do with him on the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I think Gronk sits the first series with Ocho wide, Solder as the TE for blocking and we run at them. 

The Giants then have to do some rethinking personnel wise. Then no huddle with Gronk when they don't have the match ups