How close are we to the end of BB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

How close are we to the end of BB?

So i just listened to Felger and Mazz, whether you like them or not, they made some good points:

1. McDaniels didn't even bother talking with other teams about coaching opportunities.

2. He came back to NE last season before most of last season's head coach vacancies filled.

3. Brady is nearing his end.

4. Trading a 4th round pick for potentially a 6+ game rental.

5. His current contract supposedly ends in 2013.

I think the biggest question, to me atleast, is how he wants his legacy to end with regards to Brady. Does he want to prove he can win one without Brady? Or does he go out with/before Brady and leave the game on a high note and not risk going through a 5-11 season without Brady.

All of this is pure speculation of course. I don't know what's going to happen. But judging how secretive BB is, he's probably not the type of person who will tell us at the beginning of the season and give the media a heads up on when he's retiring. He'll probably do what Ray Lewis did (mention it within weeks of the seasons end) or just retire after the season is completely over so that he is not obligated to have a million media sessions.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: How close are we to the end of BB?

I was thinking about this today...how old is the guy? Part of me thinks he would want to coach after Brady leaves to prove something. And then another part of me thinks he'll walk away when Brady does. I would venture to guess that Belichick stays two more years and then walks off into the sunset.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Given the way Kraft like to leave things in BBs hands and all the glowing things McDaniels said about his time here, it seems there may be a succession plan in the works.  What better way than to learn the "Patriots Way" than from Kraft and BB together while employed as a Patriot?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I wonder whether he might hang around for a couple more and then take a "mentor" position over McDaniels when/if he gets the head coaching job. He could keep that role for 1-2 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, I don't know.  I think with the love for the game he has that he will be around for at least 5 more years.  I don't see him going to a GM roll, he is far to good to stay away from the coaching end of it,  I think he would have a problem not having control of that.  I would love to see him as a analyst on one of the football shows later on but for the next 5 years I think he is staying where he is at.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Let's say for the sake of argument that a perpetually winning team is worth $30m a year in profits to the Krafts and that BB makes $10m a year to teach kids the game, then to stand around on the sidelines and look unhappy.  All NFL coaches look unhappy -- maybe it's part of the job description.  At least he doesn't have to scowl like a famous Pittsburgh coach.  

If you were making $10m a year with credentials for lifetime employment, how many years past age 60 would you work as a teacher?  Remember, you can always delegate parts of your job off to underlings.  Joe Paterno went to age 84.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

His dad coached a longtime.  Apples don't fall far from the tree.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he may ride it out for two more SB wins as a HC, go out on top

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

He's a cyborg. We'll just replace his next battery pack and he'll keep on going. The guy's life is football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Belichick and Brady retire together. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

id hope at least that kansas (were my thoughts last couple years) and fantasy 5-10 more years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a cyborg. We'll just replace his next battery back and he'll keep on going. The guy's life is football.

[/QUOTE]

love it :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he retires making his son the heir, josh can stay as o.c. if he hasnt f'ed it up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was thinking about this today...how old is the guy? Part of me thinks he would want to coach after Brady leaves to prove something. And then another part of me thinks he'll walk away when Brady does. I would venture to guess that Belichick stays two more years and then walks off into the sunset.

[/QUOTE]

hes 60

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's say for the sake of argument that a perpetually winning team is worth $30m a year in profits to the Krafts and that BB makes $10m a year to teach kids the game, then to stand around on the sidelines and look unhappy.  All NFL coaches look unhappy -- maybe it's part of the job description.  At least he doesn't have to scowl like a famous Pittsburgh coach.  

If you were making $10m a year with credentials for lifetime employment, how many years past age 60 would you work as a teacher?  Remember, you can always delegate parts of your job off to underlings.  Joe Paterno went to age 84.

[/QUOTE]

to some, working is what keeps you alive adn keeps you young, bb may be one of thsoe who can appreciate life and live it without a job. that seems to be hwo he depicted himself on "football life"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick and Brady retire together. 

[/QUOTE]

BB becmes full time GM, and Brady takes over as HC

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

jonathan craft just said on 98.5 live in a interview, there is no plan beyond bb and you dont discuss such issues until you know and ending of what is.. and we know that bb plans to be here for a number of year to come......

we want to have a deep staff around bb wiht scar, josh and matt p.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

He loves the game too much to walk away right now or in the near future.I believe he can be the Patriots coach for as long as he wants the position and retire after however many seasons  that might be.He won't go to coach another team IMO.

I also don't think when Brady retires,the Pats go 5-11.They went 11-5 when Brady was out for the year and had Casell take over.Belichick will find a QB and surround him with the players that are most likely to make him sucessful 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

after winning 1 more sb w/ the patriots...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Too much is being read into the McDaniels deal if you ask me. What about this, what if he actually didn't want to be a distraction to the team by interviewing? What if he really wants to focus on his current gig, he's reasonably happy doing what he's doing and he's in no rush to move on. I suspect he's doing OK financially, likes working with Belichick and realizes that working with this team is about as good as it gets for an offensive coach.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I don't think this depends on Brady, SB rings, team make-up, team record or inducements from Kraft. BB is internally motivated. If he continues to love what he does he stays forever (till he can't do anymore). 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

If anyone is "Mr. Patriot" the nod goes to Belichick by a wide margin. His relationship and legacy is with the Pats and Krafts. Don't think BB needs money, more fame. Why move on? Other famous coaches have done it and failed miserably but holds the ultimate trophy by name.

I said early on, that iF and when LA has a franchise it is possible that Brady and BB go together to LA.  Not for mad $$$ but close to home for Brady in the late stages of twilight. Just for the Love of the Game and Bob Kraft would understand. That's a loooong shot! Me thinks.