How Did McDaniels and Patricia Do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: How Did McDaniels and Patricia Do?

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

With the season behind us, how did McDaniels and Patricia do in retrospect?

Oh, Bustchise, you're just trying to start trouble.  Nobody is falling for your little game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

With the season behind us, how did McDaniels and Patricia do in retrospect?

Oh, Bustchise, you're just trying to start trouble.  Nobody is falling for your little game.

lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

i'll bite.

McDaniels, a C, got production from players not expecting to produce, play calling was horrible.

Patricia, a B+ considering what the D lost and how well it played regardless, took a few weeks to get together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

McD=A

Patricia=A

They did exactly what BB wanted them to do with both the offense and the defense. UNfortunatey injury and youth diminished the outcome for both  

I am anxious to see what this team can do with health and some growth from the young guys

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

as an aside comment, a lot of people did quite a bit of digging on the Pepper leaving situation.

the outcome was much ado about nothing with Pepper, it was about Patricia. BB is very, very pleased with Patricia, and he will be here as long as BB is here. BB made that clear to Pep, and Pep wanted a chance to do more. Simple as that, nothing more to it.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Considering the injuries to the defense, I don't think it's fair to put anything bad on Patricia.  I think he did a great job with such a depleted crew.

McDaniels...well...every guy that was supposed to catch a ball (not including five minutes of Gronkowski) was questionable, lead by the failed QB turned kick returner turned wide receiver.  For guys to run the ball, he had an injury, a fumble and a one trick pony.

I'll say he did fine also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think there is a problem here with coaching, I think these guys do the best they can do with the players they have...if they had better players they would do better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't see much aggression from the D or creativity from the O. The dynasty Ds used to intimidate people. Today's doesn't. The O used to feast on a screen and ably run a reverse. Today they are predictable and poor executors of creative play calling.

I think the quality of players is the lion's share of the problem here, but I have to lay some blame at the coordinators feet as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Considering injures hard to say one way or the other, not to mention not sure Patricia was every really in control of the D. I think BB completely took that over. But if I had to put a grade on it C. Just not very creative, a lot of sitting back and waiting. You can blame personal but when injures happen you have to mix in some tricks and try to get pressure on QB's. Sitting back with a weaker (talent wise) D in plain vanilla style gets you eaten up and that's what happened. If you are going to die slowly from pin pr i c k s might as well take a chance every so often and throw what you have against it.

McDaniels I'll give a solid B-. Did a better job of mixing in run and pass then in past years and given a worse receiver core than 06' did a pretty bang up job. Though, I would have liked to see him bring the game in a little shorter with my quick slants, screens, and PA considering the OL couldn't hold for more than 3s most of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Considering injures hard to say one way or the other, not to mention not sure Patricia was every really in control of the D. I think BB completely took that over. But if I had to put a grade on it C. Just not very creative, a lot of sitting back and waiting. You can blame personal but when injures happen you have to mix in some tricks and try to get pressure on QB's. Sitting back with a weaker (talent wise) D in plain vanilla style gets you eaten up and that's what happened. If you are going to die slowly from pin pr i c k s might as well take a chance every so often and throw what you have against it.

McDaniels I'll give a solid B-. Did a better job of mixing in run and pass then in past years and given a worse receiver core than 06' did a pretty bang up job. Though, I would have liked to see him bring the game in a little shorter with my quick slants, screens, and PA considering the OL couldn't hold for more than 3s most of the year.

If Patricia isn't really in control; and is merely a puppet, why wasn't BB more aggressive w/ the D vs. Denver?  It's lose or go home - so, why not gamble? Granted, Talib was out early in the game - but, isn't that even a better reason to be aggressive?

Who knows, but this is BB's team and his players so maybe he built the team around the style of play he wanted to run? All I know was I saw BB with the D plays around him and Patricia standing up behind the huddle holding a clip board and Bills coffee. No wonder Peppers left, he realized the DC position under BB was more of a yes man position than and actual DC position.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We dont get enough 3 and outs consistently since Patricia has been here. Not just this season either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Considering the injuries to the defense, I don't think it's fair to put anything bad on Patricia.  I think he did a great job with such a depleted crew.

McDaniels...well...every guy that was supposed to catch a ball (not including five minutes of Gronkowski) was questionable, lead by the failed QB turned kick returner turned wide receiver.  For guys to run the ball, he had an injury, a fumble and a one trick pony.

I'll say he did fine also.

I think a guy would have to try to be a qb in order to have failed at it. Edelman came in as an athlete with amazing shuttle times. A great steal in the 7th round for BB, and now all our running backs suck too? 

Sure bud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't think there is a problem here with coaching, I think these guys do the best they can do with the players they have...if they had better players they would do better.

What do you have to base that on? Patricia's past history of success with other players?  mcd's? Obriens? Mangini's? 

Coaching turnover has a major impact on any team sport. We have had the highest attrition rate for the same coaching regime probably ever in a 13 year period. It takes away players ability to perform in the clutch, mental toughness.Also known as the difference between winning and losing close games, like Super Bowls.

If a team is talented enough to go 18-0 and 14-4,, and have the lead in 2 close super bowls and 1 close afc championship that essentially was the super bowl, then that team has plenty of talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's kind of unusual how the entire team blew the game against Denver.  It really seemed like they just didn't show up, lack of interest/intensity.

How does that even make sense?  As if they weren't interested in winning or trying.

Sections
Shortcuts