How Did That Mallett Trade Work Out For You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

How Did That Mallett Trade Work Out For You?

"Could be smoke, but I honestly don't think it is.  I am confused as to why people think there wouldn't be interest and why he's not worth a 2nd rder (or better) .Isn't a steep price, Geno Smith in the top 10 and paying more in money?"

"The whole point of dealing Mallett this year, would be to get no less than a 2nd rder, IMO."

"Just pretend Mallett was coming out right now. He's easily the best of the QB group based off of college tape. Not even close."

"He has way too much upside to pretend he's Cassel in Rd 7. He was a 1st rd guy, dude."

"A usual, you haven't done your homework."

-------------------------

Ummmm, my homework was just fine......................lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: How Did That Mallett Trade Work Out For You?

Yeah, I had a feeling the whole time, in fact I made  a bet with Rusty a few months ago, that Mallett was going to remain a Patriot.  Truthfully, I'm glad we still have him.  He's a helluva prospect and a high-end backup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Yeah, I had a feeling the whole time, in fact I made  a bet with Rusty a few months ago, that Mallett was going to remain a Patriot.  Truthfully, I'm glad we still have him.  He's a helluva prospect and a high-end backup.

Seems to me, it was common sense.  Some people don't understand the stupid part of KISS....lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on trading him.  Honestly would you trade him for a Duron Harmon?  No?  Then please shut up because that's probably exactly what would happen if we did. 

I'd rather he be groomed for years behind Brady, getting called in late in the 4th when the score is 50-6 for mop up duty.  And perhaps one day to take the reigns and become our next starter QB.  Will he remind of us Brady.  No, don't even put that thought in your head.  But will he remind us of Bledsoe?  Yes, he very much could do just that and I'd be more than happy with that outcome.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Not sure either, not with 2 years left on his contract - noone in this years draft would have been any better, and no veteran QBs that already know the system that we'd want.

Maybe see what happens next year. Othewise, continue to get him ready for this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

IMO they need to showcase Mallet this year in blow outs (if their plan is to trade him before his contract expires). I do think he is better than any of the QBs coming out of this draft, but it's hard to justify it without proof (on the field). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It doesn't mean they didn't get any offers for him. It means BB didn't like the rate of exchange. Besides they made the trade with Minnesota and got a bunch of picks for it, so the need for trading Mallett just wasn't there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

IMO they need to showcase Mallet this year in blow outs (if their plan is to trade him before his contract expires). I do think he is better than any of the QBs coming out of this draft, but it's hard to justify it without proof (on the field). 

Agreed, but it's not BB's style....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

It doesn't mean they didn't get any offers for him. It means BB didn't like the rate of exchange. Besides they made the trade with Minnesota and got a bunch of picks for it, so the need for trading Mallett just wasn't there.

noone said that the Patriots didn't get any offers.  There really weren't too many reasons for trading him away this year, and there were some fans who clearly overvalued him; thinking he is currently worth a #2 in this years draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

i think it really doesnt matter if he was traded or not, its not like they needed to trade him, and why not throw some bones out there to see what you can get for him in a weak qb draft class, it didnt work, but who really cares, the pats are fine with or without him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to isurfvb24's comment:

i think it really doesnt matter if he was traded or not, its not like they needed to trade him, and why not throw some bones out there to see what you can get for him in a weak qb draft class, it didnt work, but who really cares, the pats are fine with or without him.

no, you're right. I was actually just making fun of an irrational fan.Laughing

I was fine with Mallett and the Patriots not creating an unnecessary void on the team when there were other priorities.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

At least NMPL had the guts to eat crow....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Yes...realizing that roasted crow is on my plate please allow me to say one more Mallett thing...then I'm done with it.....maybe....

Cleveland did not draft a QB at all. This was unexpected.

Cleveland did a different thing...traded away most of their day 3 picks and made other deals that the sum of it all has netted them extra 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Funny now rusty spent three months calling everyone dumb that didn't think we were going to get a first rounder from Lombardi. Lol! I proposed a bet with that moron two months ago that it wouldn't happen (he turned it down). Michael Holley said this week the same thing I've been telling him for three months...a GM would get fired for giving up a high pick for a guy that hasn't played a meaningful snap in the NFL in two years.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

"Could be smoke, but I honestly don't think it is.  I am confused as to why people think there wouldn't be interest and why he's not worth a 2nd rder (or better) .Isn't a steep price, Geno Smith in the top 10 and paying more in money?"

"The whole point of dealing Mallett this year, would be to get no less than a 2nd rder, IMO."

"Just pretend Mallett was coming out right now. He's easily the best of the QB group based off of college tape. Not even close."

"He has way too much upside to pretend he's Cassel in Rd 7. He was a 1st rd guy, dude."

"A usual, you haven't done your homework."

-------------------------

Ummmm, my homework was just fine......................lol

Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Never thought he was going anywhere

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't see any quarterback drafted by the Patriots.  They picked up one guy out of the dustbin, but I'm not sure that Brady and Kafka can hold the fort without Mallett.  So, Mallett stays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I thought he would be worth a 2 nd rounder....didn't happen....I didn't say he would get traded but I will eat some crow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Funny now rusty spent three months calling everyone dumb that didn't think we were going to get a first rounder from Lombardi. Lol! I proposed a bet with that moron two months ago that it wouldn't happen (he turned it down). Michael Holley said this week the same thing I've been telling him for three months...a GM would get fired for giving up a high pick for a guy that hasn't played a meaningful snap in the NFL in two years.

You mean Rusty was wrong about something?  Geez, what's new.  Don't worry, he will try to spin it, be prepared!! LOL!  He thinks he knows it all, just another example that he doesn't know S#@t!

i don't have to spin anything troll...i never said mallett was guaranteed to get us a 2nd rd pick-it was a first rd pick! how am i wrong then? the whole board knows u never graduated high school and work at 7-11 ...you millenials are killing this country you dummy  LMAO

- RUSTY

Cool

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

You mean Rusty was wrong about something?  Geez, what's new.  Don't worry, he will try to spin it, be prepared!! LOL!  He thinks he knows it all, just another example that he doesn't know S#@t!

i don't have to spin anything troll...i never said mallett was guaranteed to get us a 2nd rd pick-it was a first rd pick! how am i wrong then? the whole board knows u never graduated high school and work at 7-11 ...you millenials are killing this country you dummy  LMAO

- RUSTY

Cool

This sums up Rusty. Quick to criticize, and never wrong. I expect him to be banned trying to spin this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

more moronic contributions from our resident troll.

I dunno, thought his comment was funny...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This sums up Rusty. Quick to criticize, and never wrong. I expect him to be banned trying to spin this.

don't get our hopes up....that's just mean.....lol Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts