How Did That Mallett Trade Work Out For You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: How Did That Mallett Trade Work Out For You?

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This sums up Rusty. Quick to criticize, and never wrong. I expect him to be banned trying to spin this.

don't get our hopes up....that's just mean.....lol Laughing

It is not like he won't come back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

It is not like he won't come back.

lol...of course he will, sorta like herpes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

They were NOT going to trade Mallet for anything less than a high 2nd round/low 1st round draft pick be it this year or next year. And neither should they..........beyond Mallet who do we have backing up Brady? Exactly. Glad they kept him honestly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Funny now rusty spent three months calling everyone dumb that didn't think we were going to get a first rounder from Lombardi. Lol! I proposed a bet with that moron two months ago that it wouldn't happen (he turned it down). Michael Holley said this week the same thing I've been telling him for three months...a GM would get fired for giving up a high pick for a guy that hasn't played a meaningful snap in the NFL in two years.

You mean Rusty was wrong about something?  Geez, what's new.  Don't worry, he will try to spin it, be prepared!! LOL!  He thinks he knows it all, just another example that he doesn't know S#@t!

Oh he's already done that! The old...teams are fools for spending a high round pick on a quarterback in this draft...they should of traded for Mallett...he can't help it if teams are dumb, etc.

Told him for three months that Lombardi would of been fired if he made that trade - it wasn't about the quarterback class being weak, or Mallett not having as much or more potential than guys in this draft, it was about how you can't trade a high selection for a third round selection that has never played. That's it...he never got that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

They were NOT going to trade Mallet for anything less than a high 2nd round/low 1st round draft pick be it this year or next year. And neither should they..........beyond Mallet who do we have backing up Brady? Exactly. Glad they kept him honestly.

are you rusty? LOL...jk.

okay, justify the asking price....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

Rusty, see what happens when you base your genius positions on rumors? LOL. Can't make this stuff up...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I was one who thought bb would make the trade during the draft. The way the draft played out, I am glad he didn't make the trade.

i don't think the mallett story is over yet. The draft is, but there is still some potential wheeling and dealing that should get done. 

Lomabrdi for one could go into camp, get a fresh and long,look at his qb's and say, these guys stink. He could then decide to bring in another QB like mallett and give up something in return....a high draft pick, a player or two...point is, there is still a ton of time if someone is interested and bb is shopping him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe Lombardi is waiting for the right QB to become available before he takes one? Spending lots of capital to get a mediocre QB is a disaster . . . just look at the Jets.  I'm not sold on Mallet and maybe Lombardi isn't either.  If that's the case, why not stick with one of the mediocre guys he already has rather than wasting resources to get a second mediocre QB?  Only the Jets are doltish enough to waste picks and money on six mediocre QBs.  The Jets would have been smarter to build talent elsewhere and just stick with a caretaker QB until a truly good one came along. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Not sure either, not with 2 years left on his contract - noone in this years draft would have been any better, and no veteran QBs that already know the system that we'd want.

Maybe see what happens next year. Othewise, continue to get him ready for this year.

Mallett has one year left on his contract. He'll be an RFA after the 2013 season. Either the Pats let him walk for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, or they overpay him for a year. Giving him a long term deal sans any significant real game experience would be insane.

I thought BB was a stubborn idiot for taking Harmon over Landry Jones/Matt Barkley/Ryan Nassib. All 3 QBs pass the 27-60 test (at least 27 career starts and at least a career 60% comp%). Considering BBs past track record of QBs: Rohan Davey, Kevin O'Donnell, and Zac Robinson, it's a head scratcher as to why he would reach for Harmon in the 3rd round when he could have had him or a similar type of player after the draft. Interesting that the Eagles traded up to get Barkley, the Giants traded up to get Nassib, and the Steelers pick Jones in the 4th round. With the exception of the Eagles (who's new coach saw Barkley play against his Oregon teams in the Pac 10/12), the teams that took these QBs have won 2 more SBs than the Pats in the span of 9 years.

That said, execpt the choice of Harmon, I liked the Pats draft overall. Including their 7th rounders and the trade for LaGarrette Blount.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I was one who thought bb would make the trade during the draft. The way the draft played out, I am glad he didn't make the trade.

i don't think the mallett story is over yet. The draft is, but there is still some potential wheeling and dealing that should get done. 

Lomabrdi for one could go into camp, get a fresh and long,look at his qb's and say, these guys stink. He could then decide to bring in another QB like mallett and give up something in return....a high draft pick, a player or two...point is, there is still a ton of time if someone is interested and bb is shopping him...

Agree. It doesn't add up.

Manuel Rd 1

Smith Rd 2

Barkley and Nassib Rd 4

The only QBs taken in the right spots where Barkey and Nassib.  I don't get the logic that because BAD organizations looking to make a splash and get fans giddy to sell tickets, somehow means Ryan Mallet is a worse prospect than EJ Manuel who can't read vanilla, NCAA defenses.

Basically, morons like Hurl and Anononymis think EJ Manuel and Geno Smith are better prospects than Mallett.

LOL

Mallett had a career 57.8 comp% and lacks mobility.

Smith was a great value in the 2nd round. Manuel is mobile. Both pass the 27-60 test. All QBs that were 1st round busts failed this criteria.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Debating whether or not Mallett is a good prospect is a waste of time. The facts are:

He's yet to show anything in real games.

He could be gone after the season.

Mallett most likely won't be on the team in 2015.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Buffalo was out of their minds taking Manual where they did. The rap on Manual is that scouts have said he has serious accuracy concerns. If Buffalo was that hard up then you take Geno Smith and hope it works out.

Buffalo did manage to pizz Philly off as they told Manual they would take him in the second.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

What was Mallett's compl% at Arkansas in a pro style offense under Petrino?

LOL

Nice try.  What was Sanchez's QBR in the Buttfumble game.  94.

See, when people like ylou try to get sneaky, you get caught. Mallett clearly is superiror to E Manuel, Smith, Barkley and Nassib. Or, Glennon for that matter.

Ugh

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS AND SPEAK IT AS IF IT IS A WELL KNOWN FACT?

Did you expect Russell Wilson to be as good as he was last year? None of them have played a single game so no one is clearly superior.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Sure, it was a possibility - and there's still a chance that something might happen for next year's draft. I've seen stranger things. I still don't see him going for more than a 3rd rounder at this point, tho.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Manuel Rd 1

Smith Rd 2

Barkley and Nassib Rd 4

The only QBs taken in the right spots where Barkey and Nassib.  I don't get the logic that because BAD organizations looking to make a splash and get fans giddy to sell tickets, somehow means Ryan Mallet is a worse prospect than EJ Manuel who can't read vanilla, NCAA defenses.

Basically, morons like Hurl and Anononymis think EJ Manuel and Geno Smith are better prospects than Mallett.

LOL

-----

Wrong, wrong, wrong again – genius.  Your MO is so consistent. When you’re wrong about something you absolutely misquote or outright LIE about someone else’s opinion.  In this case, you’re simply a LIAR.

Show me where I wrote in this thread or any other thread that I stated that Manuel and Smith was better than Mallett.  Let me save you some time, genius.  I never made such a statement.

Your justification for Mallett warranting a 2nd round draft choice was based on your opinion that Mallett is better than Manuel and Smith and the position in which those players were drafted.

My justification that Mallett is no higher than a 3rd round pick (for this year’s draft)  is because Mallett has  NO BODY OF PROFESSIONAL WORK FOR ANYONE TO JUDGE HIM  and BB/Patriots were only able to get a 2nd round draft pick for Cassell (who delivered an 11-5 professional record and either his contract was up or he was in his last year of his contract).

BB was toying with teams thru the media as a PR/strategic ploy for distraction. You were too stupid to see it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Manuel Rd 1

Smith Rd 2

Barkley and Nassib Rd 4

LOL

-----

Wrong, wrong, wrong again – genius.  Your MO is so consistent. When you’re wrong about something you absolutely misquote or outright LIE about someone else’s opinion.  In this case, you’re simply a LIAR.

Show me where I wrote in this thread or any other thread that I stated that Manuel and Smith was better than Mallett.  Let me save you some time, genius.  I never made such a statement.

Your justification for Mallett warranting a 2nd round draft choice was based on your opinion that Mallett is better than Manuel and Smith and the position in which those players were drafted.

My justification that Mallett is no higher than a 3rd round pick (for this year’s draft)  is because Mallett has  NO BODY OF PROFESSIONAL WORK FOR ANYONE TO JUDGE HIM  and BB/Patriots were only able to get a 2nd round draft pick for Cassell (who delivered an 11-5 professional record and either his contract was up or he was in his last year of his contract).

BB was toying with teams thru the media as a PR/strategic ploy for distraction. You were too stupid to see it.

Same here, never said Mallett wasn't better than this prospect or that one...just said no one in their right mind would give a high pick for a guy that has never played and was drafted in the third round. Whoever does something like that would be the laughing stock of the NFL. Michael Holley said last week that any GM that did such a thing would eventually be fired - I've been saying the same thing for three months.

Rusty proved two things during his latest debacle...one that he is a sore loser...and two he knows nothing about football.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Manuel Rd 1

Smith Rd 2

Barkley and Nassib Rd 4

LOL

-----

Same here, never said Mallett wasn't better than this prospect or that one...just said no one in their right mind would give a high pick for a guy that has never played and was drafted in the third round. Whoever does something like that would be the laughing stock of the NFL. Michael Holley said last week that any GM that did such a thing would eventually be fired - I've been saying the same thing for three months.

Rusty proved two things during his latest debacle...one that he is a sore loser...and two he knows nothing about football.

looks like The King has been banned again...which is why is he using Rusty Grimswold again

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

looks like The King has been banned again...which is why is he using Rusty Grimswold again

Nah the mods had a 2 for 1 special today.  Two bannings for the price of one.  They are both gone.

Sections
Shortcuts