How Did That Mallett Trade Work Out For You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: How Did That Mallett Trade Work Out For You?

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

looks like The King has been banned again...which is why is he using Rusty Grimswold again

Nah the mods had a 2 for 1 special today.  Two bannings for the price of one.  They are both gone.

wow both in one shot?! holy cow

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First of all, liar, I never said he's "worth a 1st rder" this year. Never said. Swapping positions in the 1st rd isn't Cleveland not giving up a 1st rder.  How can you be this dumb?  It's fascinating just how obtuse you are or what a bad liar you are trying to spin something with what I said, which never happened.

Swapping positions isn't And the fact is, NE asked a 2nd rder this year or 1st next year. And if Brandon Weeden's QBR averages 26 like it did for 2012, MIke Lombardi may be in trouble more so than he'd like, especially considering he never drafted that bust.

/QUOTE]

LMAO.  Again, your MO is coming into play again.  Where did I say that you said Mallett was worth a first rounder?

------------

Here is what you said:

"

If he is supposed to be Brady's replacement, it likely won't happen until he's 28 or 29 which not only seems unfair to him, but dumb by BB to have a 1st rd projected QB in 2011, to become a permanent back up.    At the end of it, that's completely unfair to Mallett to never get a chance to compete to be a starter just because there was a rumor he tested positive for coke.  I am still not sure that was even the truth.

Jeff Howe is confirming the Browns are inquiring about Mallett.  So, it's out there. Cleveland has no 2nd rd pick this year, so they'd need to pony up one for 2014.

But......wait for it.....Cleveland could easily swap spots with NE in Rd 1, get Mallett, and then trade into Rd 2.

So, they'd get their QB of the future, could still deal Brandon Weeden who has cheap 1st rd money under the rookei cap from last year and move on in that way.

The whole point of dealing Mallett this year, would be to get no less than a 2nd rder, IMO.

I would not take a 2nd rder next year. I'd tell Lombardi to go get me a 2nd rder and Mallett is yours.

"

------

Guess what, it didn't happen because Mallet clearly is not worth a number 2.  If other GMs, and more importantly, if BB actually thought Mallett was worth a number 2 - it would have happened.

lmao....u just can't make this stuff up, genius.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

There's going to be a few more rounds of cuts.  I heard that there were 9 or 10 teams * at draft time * that didn't have enough cap space to sign their rookies.  Do you think that mallet may be part of a contingency plan for a team or 2 as a possibility?  

how would you feel with Weeden and McCoy as our qbs going into camp? Maybe when it doesn't work the browns can grab Vick or Russell.  Lombardi isnt getting a pass from the fans, he needs to make this work long term eventually. A losing season wont be acceptable with the fans I'd think that mallet may still be on the block. BB and I have something in common.  Everything we have is for sale, you might not like the price, but you can buy it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

There's going to be a few more rounds of cuts.  I heard that there were 9 or 10 teams * at draft time * that didn't have enough cap space to sign their rookies.  Do you think that mallet may be part of a contingency plan for a team or 2 as a possibility?  

how would you feel with Weeden and McCoy as our qbs going into camp? Maybe when it doesn't work the browns can grab Vick or Russell.  Lombardi isnt getting a pass from the fans, he needs to make this work long term eventually. A losing season wont be acceptable with the fans I'd think that mallet may still be on the block. BB and I have something in common.  Everything we have is for sale, you might not like the price, but you can buy it.  

anything is possible, if the price is right.

I'm thinking if another team actually offered a 2nd or something ridiculous; like a 1st, BB would say yes. This is a business after all.

I'm sure BB would weigh the impact on the team and consider factors such at:

Mallet has 2 years left on his contract, so, the Patriots would have to fill the void. Weeden and McCoy do not have any experience in the Patriot's offense. Mallett has 2 years under his belt. Is it worth it?

I would say that moving him next year is more likely than trying to move him this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Weeden and McCoy barely have experience in the browns offense.  It's Lombards team now. Everything else is reset. He should offer up next years 3 rd and a conditional 4 th in 2015.   Lombardi is going to need a qb for the long haul. They won't have picks this high next year. I'm sure in the back of his mind is that no one has been able to make the browns work since Paul and Jim brown. 

Sections
Shortcuts