How did you become a fan of our beloved Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beef23. Show beef23's posts

Re: How did you become a fan of our beloved Pats?

i have been a fan since 1970 and a season ticket holder since 1979 And even though i moved to florida in 2006 i still go to every home game (except preseASON)

ITS IN THE BLOOD

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I was born in Texas, my dad was in the Air Force and going to A&M on the GI bill. After Texas, we moved to Kansas City for a short time before moving to Mass in 1965 when I was 4. To be different, I was a Cowboys and Chiefs fan as a younger kid (but was always a Sox, Celtics and Bs fan). Once I hit middle school, I converted to the Pats and have been a faithful follower since, even during the Victor Kiam-James Orthwein era...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: How did you become a fan of our beloved Pats?:
    I started really watching in the early Steve Grogan days when I was about 13 or 14. I am almost 52 now so I have been there for awhile. We had some good years in the mid 70s then slumped abit then we came back in the mid 80s and made it to the super bowl against the bears. Well, that didn't go to well...lol Some more lean years and we got Parcells and Drew and the winnining began again. Needless to say the run we have had this last 10 years or so has beem absolutely amazing. I hope we can get that 4th title on Sunday. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by patriot-fan-74

Same here. Watched football, on and off as a kid (mostly Giants games in NH).

I Got hooked on the Pats with Steve Grogan and the "bootleg". Have been a fan ever since.

I think I still may have a "Squish the fish" tee from the '86 playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sageboy1. Show sageboy1's posts

I was a big fan of Drew Bledsoe and when he was drafted by the Patriots I started following them.  Growing up in Tennessee we didn't have any NFL teams so they became the team I followed and I have been enjoying the ride ever since.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: How did you become a fan of our beloved Pats?:
    Are women allowed to join in here?  Posted by gilzippy

Here, We weigh the worth of your Boston.com New England Patriots Loyalty, on the toughness of your skin, not on your gender...  Seriously, In this calender year alone, we've already had 3 large-scale gatherings (usually on the night of specific Sabbaths- full-moon's always a plus, but not trully a requirement)- wherein we take part in ritually burning each other while psyching each other up and/or just tryin' to psych out the "burnee" by screaming ambiguous and multi-meaninged and/or just contemptuous and derisive post-game phrases Bill Belichick answered the media with...  Also, some of us get together for coffee and danishes afterwards.  Fyi, 'cause some lucky times there's branding too!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Many years ago, I lived on Long Island and I was a Giants fan.  The company I worked for decided to move to Florida and I did not want to go to Florida, so I moved to Massachusetts for a good job and much better money.  I remained a Giants fan until the players and coaches I loved were gone and the Giants had once again become a picture of futility.  So I decided to shift loyalties to a team who's efforts were even more moribund than the Giants, namely our beloved PATS.  They went 1 & 15 that year, beating only the Dolts, who's Q.B. was none other than captain comeback, Jim Harbaugh.  I have remained a PATS fan ever since and frankly, I have been more than rewarded with a program that wins and wins and wins and wins, and does so with really great football. I am blessed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to How did you become a fan of our beloved Pats?:
    Just curious as to how you guys became Patriots fans.  I remember watching the Snow Bowl with my father, back in the 01/02 season. He was watching because Brady and Woodson were playing, both University of Michigan grads, where my father attended college for undergrad. Watching Brady lead his team, and his calm, cool demeanor, caused me to fall in love with him, and then the Patriots. I live in central Virginia, and have no ties to the New England area, and I'm one of the biggest Pats fans you'll ever find. I've gone through the ups and downs, and have ripped paper up after the 2005 Denver loss. I spent many hours awake, recounting what could have happened after the 2006 Colts loss. I was on the brink of tears, and not capable of living normally for a few days following the loss to the Giants.  But it's so rewarding to be a fan of a team, and this is why. The failures, and all the suffering you do as a fan makes the success taste even better. GO PATS! Feel free to share you own stories! GO PATS!
    Posted by vertigho

My mother was from the Boston area so I became a Boston area sports fan.

Then when I was visiting in Boston area I watched the Pats play the Buffalo Bills in Fenway Park back in the mid 60s.  I recall the qb for the Pats was Mike Talifarro.......TE was Jim Whalen from BC not mention Gino.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Born & raised in NH. 76 was the season when i became a true fan, they should've won the SB that season, I was crushed when they lost to the Raiders. Grogan, Francis & Haynes were young stars. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Started being a NFL fan 1985.Since I was a Bruins fan
    Patriots just automatic became my Favorite

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Born into it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Grew up in Rhode Island and Mass.  Got into the Pats as a kid, sometime in the 70s.  Moved to Chicago during college and lived in various parts of the US away from NE (including NYC), but remained a Pats fan.  Moved to Boston for work in the 90s and got on the season ticket waiting list then.  Got my tickets a few years ago and promptly moved for work to Canada. Kept my tickets, though, and try to fly back for as many of the games as possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Born Portland, Maine 73 years ago & although I spent 21 years in New England & 45 in California, roots run deep so a Boston Team fan first !!! But I was a New York Giant fan in late 50s with no New England pro team until the Boston Patriots started with my favorite Paisani players Gino Cappelletti, Nick Buoniconti and Babe Parilli.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Born and raised in Boston, dropped on the head as a baby, became a lover of all Boston Sports. Go figure...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Grew up on the Coast of Maine....So I was born into it, but somehow my brother was Cowboys fans.  Made some trips with family to Sullivan Stadium in the early to mid 80's.  Remember during the 85 SB a family friend putting a refrigerator on our front walk, with 72 spray painted on it....It had to be removed the next day per local authorities.

I have seen training camp at Gillette, but I have never been to a game..... 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Dad was born in Kendall Green/Weston and was always a fan of Boston teams. When Pats were formed it was natural although I had been a Lions fan because Boston didn't have a NFL team.  Now i have 2 teams and it would be hard to choose.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Grew up on the coast near Portland, Maine.  My grandfather and uncles were football fans...my Grandfather was a fan of both the Pats and Giants, since the Giants were who you pulled for until the Pats came along.  The Superbowl against the Bears was one of my earliest football memories.  Watched many seasons of futility - Tommy Hodson, Zolak....lots of games with my grandfather shaking his head and clicking his tongue, but still loved the team and the game.  Irving Fryar & then guys like Kevin Turner were some of my favorites as a kid.  All of the youngsters in the neighborhood used to pretend to be Irving Fryar when we played outside in the fall.  Loved watching them when they were 1-15 and love watching them now!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to How did you become a fan of our beloved Pats?:
    Just curious as to how you guys became Patriots fans.  I remember watching the Snow Bowl with my father, back in the 01/02 season. He was watching because Brady and Woodson were playing, both University of Michigan grads, where my father attended college for undergrad. Watching Brady lead his team, and his calm, cool demeanor, caused me to fall in love with him, and then the Patriots. I live in central Virginia, and have no ties to the New England area, and I'm one of the biggest Pats fans you'll ever find. I've gone through the ups and downs, and have ripped paper up after the 2005 Denver loss. I spent many hours awake, recounting what could have happened after the 2006 Colts loss. I was on the brink of tears, and not capable of living normally for a few days following the loss to the Giants.  But it's so rewarding to be a fan of a team, and this is why. The failures, and all the suffering you do as a fan makes the success taste even better. GO PATS! Feel free to share you own stories! GO PATS!
    Posted by vertigho

Season ticket holder from 1980-1991 when my family moved us from NJ to CT. My dad thought it would be a great idea to get football tickets and at that time you basically had your pick of seats. We sat in sect. 103 row 7 at the old Schaffer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium. Actually we were a few rows behind PAT FAN..the guy with the license plate that you see on TV all the time. He had that plate back then as well..like mid eighties I think. Anyway, moved back to NJ since then but never miss a game thanks to satellite ect..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

An angel appeared to me and said, "From this day forth be a patriot to the lord thy God." That was in 1968 and I have been a Patriot ever since.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts