How do I get over this...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

How do I get over this...?

As ridiculous as it seems, I'm slowly falling into a state of depression as of right now.

I know it's the night-of, but I can't convince myself to do anything right now. 

Go to sleep? No... i can't
    Do anything else? I can't..

Call me crazy, but I don't feel like being alive right now. My life revolves around sports, and a number of other things. I can't turn on ESPN or any other show right now and soak up a Pats win, and I don't feel like doing anything else.

I need to sob and vomit... this is unbelieveable...

Any recommendations on how to get over this...? I just can't even think... so close, but so far. Now the Lombardi is out of reach, and it won't be easy to get close again..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: How do I get over this...?

don't watch football anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: How do I get over this...?:
    don't watch football anymore.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

I'd feel like a jerk doing that. It's not being a true fan to do that, but it is a solution.

See, if the Pats had won today, I would have been riding a euphoric high for at least a week. Future losses would be easier to handle because I could point to this win and take comfort... but now... I had it all planned out, and now it's gone.

I want to bathe in the glory of a Super Bowl victory, and have long term fandom pay-off... but it's now so far away... ugh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : I'd feel like a jerk doing that. It's not being a true fan to do that, but it is a solution. See, if the Pats had won today, I would have been riding a euphoric high for at least a week. Future losses would be easier to handle because I could point to this win and take comfort... but now... I had it all planned out, and now it's gone. I want to bathe in the glory of a Super Bowl victory, and have long term fandom pay-off... but it's now so far away... ugh
    Posted by vertigho

Don't you love sports....football????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : I'd feel like a jerk doing that. It's not being a true fan to do that, but it is a solution. See, if the Pats had won today, I would have been riding a euphoric high for at least a week. Future losses would be easier to handle because I could point to this win and take comfort... but now... I had it all planned out, and now it's gone. I want to bathe in the glory of a Super Bowl victory, and have long term fandom pay-off... but it's now so far away... ugh
    Posted by vertigho

This is much easier to take than 2007. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Go watch the Bruins Cup DVD. I also recommend a crown & coke(large).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : This is much easier to take than 2007. 
    Posted by murghkhor

For me it isn't.

2007 had an eery feeling. I thought this season was destiny, with MHK and everything else... and now it's so far away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Go to work tomorrow, love your family, enjoy yourself and know you have a life after a Pats loss.  I'm over it.  The TEAM LOST, not me!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Go watch the Bruins Cup DVD. I also recommend a crown & coke(large).
    Posted by stan17

Not a hockey or baseball fan. Never was interested in the sports. Football (Pats) and basketball (Celtics) are the two main sports that I follow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by vertigho

I posted in your other thread, I was like this after last time, but I feel ok now.  My life is good, and I can't let what 53 other guys I have no control over drag me down.  It is what it is.  I live in PA, and between Ravens, Steelers and Eagles fans, ALL of who absolutely love this loss, I'm in for a bunch of crud.  But whatever.  I got some good stuff going on right now compared to the last 6 months, so it's helping me with some perspective that I haven't had before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : This is much easier to take than 2007. 
    Posted by murghkhor

Disagree - this is worse than '07.

They had this game wrapped up with one more first down and thi sis now two times the caulk-puffers from NY have won.

Disaster

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

It's a game man.  Much more to life than a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Go to work tomorrow, love your family, enjoy yourself and know you have a life after a Pats loss.  I'm over it.  The TEAM LOST, not me!
    Posted by agcsbill

But you (I) devoted this much emotion and energy into this team, and into this season, you truly feel like a part of the team.

I'm crushed, and now realize how much time and work it takes to get to the Super Bowl. I thought this team was destiny, and was fully-prepared for a Pats win.. and now...

I now realize how I didn't truly appreciate Brady, Belichick, and this team's glory days when they were upon us. Now they appear to be on the downswing right when I fully invest myself. Even if Brady is incredible next season, just the sheer time, work, and effort to get back, and the luck, is amazing. It's just so improbable.

I mean, I expect this team to get to the playoffs, and once you're in the game, anything can happen, but still.

I will have nightmares about this for awhile... oh my god.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : But you (I) devoted this much emotion and energy into this team, and into this season, you truly feel like a part of the team. I'm crushed, and now realize how much time and work it takes to get to the Super Bowl. I thought this team was destiny, and was fully-prepared for a Pats win.. and now... I now realize how I didn't truly appreciate Brady, Belichick, and this team's glory days when they were upon us. Now they appear to be on the downswing right when I fully invest myself. Even if Brady is incredible next season, just the sheer time, work, and effort to get back, and the luck, is amazing. It's just so improbable. I mean, I expect this team to get to the playoffs, and once you're in the game, anything can happen, but still. I will have nightmares about this for awhile... oh my god.
    Posted by vertigho

vertigho... I see your point and with my approaching 6000 posts you must know I am a true fan of the Pats.  I have a life other than supporting a team.  I'm bummed, but, their is always another opportunity to cheer them on next year!  Besides, for most of us, this SB appearance was just about miraculous given the play of the Patriots defense and that D cost them the game tonight!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

See, if we all lived in a vacuum, then yes, this would be easier to deal with.

But it's seeing all the headlines, getting crap from buddies and friends, seeing the ESPN stories, and NFLN stories, and seeing this for years, and years, and years to come that hurts more than anything.

We were so, so close, only to have it slip all away. The chances of getting back to this point are minimal, as they are for any team. 

And see, I had been trying to be good this season. I was trying to fully embrace the team, and was trying to live a good life, and reduce bad karma. I came to realization that I had been a d1ck to a lot of people a number of years ago. I honestly tried to live a good life, and it seemed like the stars were aligning for a Pats win.

This is just so unbelievable, because I didn't expect this to happen.

I'm sorry guys, but you have strong souls. I have no idea how I'll deal with this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I'm teetering. Part of me wants to just drop sports alltogether.

Forget the Celtics, forget the Pats, and purge my life of anything that could cause stress, and isn't controlled by me. But that would be difficult to do at this point, as I don't know what I'd do to fill my time.

And if/when the Pats and/or Celtics win another championship, I wouldn't be rewarded.

I honestly have no idea what to do... this is tearing me up, and my emotions are screaming at me. I don't know how to move forward, or what to do right now.

My mind is in a hundred different places, and I have things to do and places to be in the coming days and weeks, and I can't focus on those things.

See, back in 2001, 2003, and 2004, I was a fan of the Pats, and would follow them once they got to the playoffs, but aside from that, I was detatched. Sports were lesser in my life...

I have no idea what to do now... I'm just completely and utterly lost.

God, if you exist, please help me now. I need it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

All of this gives me some amount of reassurance, and sense of peace.

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    Bill Belichick told players after game he was proud of them, and as long as he is head coach, being in this position & winning is the goal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

Posted by agcsbill

I agree 110%. Life goes on tomorrow, Don't dwell on the past, You lost nothing today but bragging rights. After 07 loss I hurt bad until I relized its only a game for your entertainment. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

You are not alone. Many of us are in the same boat with you. Understand that at the end of the day, we are extremely fortunate to have a team like NE and to witness such great talent. This loss is not as hard to swallow as the last one...but it is hard all the same. Like agsbill said, wake up love your family , enjoy your friends and whatever you do.....DO NOT WATCH ESPN/SPORTSCENTER for the next couple of weeks. I know I wont.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

There's always next season - draft a pass rusher and a decent safety/corner and get a legitimate deep threat Pats will be up there again next season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

You get over it by going home to your 20m mansion and supermodel wife. It's that easy not to care about a football game!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

be glad you werent mocked by your girlfriend in what you thought was your own house after the game... couldnt find the buns to make a chili dog and she found them, and proceeded to "FUH FUH FUH' me... ouch

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I can handle the Pats losing, they gave it their all, and unfortunately they came up a little short in the biggest game. Football is my favorite sport to watch, and the Pats are my team. But I am lucky enough to have some other good things going on in my life that I am not letting this get to me. The only thing that is bumming me out is that we are going to have to hear about NY and Eli for the next 12 months on every football show and discussion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You get over it by going home to your 20m mansion and supermodel wife. It's that easy not to care about a football game!
    Posted by wasecl

I don't think for ONE SECOND that this will not haunt TB for months....   if you do, you are a fool.

Sections
Shortcuts