How do I get over this...?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: How do I get over this...?

You know what, vertigho, I'm in the same boat.

I don't know what to think any more. I guess I wasn't emotionally prepared for the loss, but I didn't think a team as deserving as the Pats would lose.

I just feel bad for Tom. There is no QB more deserving of another Super Bowl than Brady. He dedicates his whole life to the game, and he works so hard. He's a great person and he says and does all the right things. How is it just for an arrogant Giants team that insults opposing players to get the rings?

In fact, I'm so crushed not seeing Tom hold up the Lombardi Trophy that I'm questioning life right now. I mean, why should I work hard and do all the right things if Brady is rewarded with heartbreak?

I know that didn't exactly help you feel better, but maybe you feel better knowing you're not alone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

man up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

My stomach is really bothering me. Tried fixing a whole bunch of food, some sesame noodles and basmati rice, but I can't really eat much.

Just seeing Eli lifting the trophy almost made me throwup and cry again.

I'm slowly getting better, but tomorrow will be strange. It'll be a new beginning, and a time to move on, but the realization of what happened will also set in.

Everything I hear coming out of the Pats locker room is that Belichick and Brady will be back, and that it's their full-expectation to be competing at a high-level for years to come. That right there gives me some comfort if I do indeed remain a Patriots fan for the upcoming years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

What Is WRONG with you guys?!?  Sheez, As Jesus himself said after The Russians invaded, and after he and his group of followers took to The Rookies, in order to fight them back because the russians were shooting the townspeople-brothers, sisters, fathers, and friends...IT was none other than Jesus himself, who said to his depressed & hopeless group of followers losing all hope- ole jesus goes, "DON'T CRY! Don't'chyou ever cry...! Just Let it turn, let it turn...Make it turn...just make it turn".  

Well, it was either Jesus or Patrick Swaze, but I really think it was probably, in fact jesus, who threw out that one... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: How do I get over this...?:
    [QUOTE]Catchers and Pitchers report to ST this month. Get on the Red Sox bandwagon, they're going to be very good this year.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

they are - it's going to be a fun year for the Sox.

By the way if the sox GAGGED in 6 straight seasons - choking up playoff losses - all of Massachusetts would lose their collective minds and start demanding changes be made.

Somehow the Patriots get away with it.

All I can say is that this Patriot team over the last 5 years has taken more years off my life than the Pre-2004 Red Sox ever did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : they are - it's going to be a fun year for the Sox. By the way if the sox GAGGED in 6 straight seasons - choking up playoff losses - all of Massachusetts would lose their collective minds and start demanding changes be made. Somehow the Patriots get away with it. All I can say is that this Patriot team over the last 5 years has taken more years off my life than the Pre-2004 Red Sox ever did.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Well, 2011 wasn't exactly a great year for the Sox either--speaking of gagging. That's another reason Boston deserved this SB. If you're only a Pats fan you're screwed tonight, but if you like the Pats and Sox both? Been a tough year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I'm off to bed fellas. I have an early morning, and sleep is vital for emotional health.

Hope all of you are well, and here's to a new beginning, and a new upcoming, 2012 season that will hopefully put us in this same spot, the ability to contend for a Lombardi again.

Of course this hurts - it hurts a lot, and for many different reasons. But the fact is, I'm a strong guy, and there's a lot to live for, and a lot to be thankful for. I have a good home, a good education, a lot of good people around me, and I'm involved in a lot of great things. All of my close family members are healthy, and all of my pets are healthy. If anything was wrong with any of those people in my life (family, friends, and pets), the Super Bowl loss would seem relatively meaningless in my life. Everything is relative. Right now this seems like the end of the world, but one day I will wish I had wasted my stress, tears, and anxiety on something else. 

All things considered, I have a lot to live for, and relative to a lot of other people in this world, my life is really good. Things certainly could be worse. Ultimately, it's just a game, a game which I have no control over, and therefore once it's done, I need to move on. Worry about what I can control, and live my life to the fullest.

Love all of you guys, here's a bright future, and 2012 Super Bowl ring!

GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : Well, 2011 wasn't exactly a great year for the Sox either--speaking of gagging. That's another reason Boston deserved this SB. If you're only a Pats fan you're screwed tonight, but if you like the Pats and Sox both? Been a tough year.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

oh yeah that was rough....at least the ravens didnt end the pats season...two baltimore teams ending our hopes would have been even worse

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : For me it isn't. 2007 had an eery feeling. I thought this season was destiny, with MHK and everything else... and now it's so far away.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    Destiny should have been the Yankees winning the '01 WS after 9/11. 3,000 deceased vs. 1. Patriots (red, white and blue) defeating the Rams in '01 made up for that WS loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]It's a game man.  Much more to life than a game.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]
    My sentiment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just so confused. It'd be so easy, and good for my health, both physically and emotionally, to drop sports altogether right now for an extended period of time. But hypothetically speaking, if New England gets back to this point next year and wins, I'd be kicking myself for not being fully invested. Completely confused right now.
    Christ, go seek some help. Google 'shrinks'.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

this helped me...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do I get over this...? : Well, 2011 wasn't exactly a great year for the Sox either--speaking of gagging. That's another reason Boston deserved this SB. If you're only a Pats fan you're screwed tonight, but if you like the Pats and Sox both? Been a tough year.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

The Bruins are going to have to find a way to win another cup - only hope for Boston

until the Patriots get a start player other than Brady.  they need some kind of play-maker (i'd prefer a star RB) that can take some of the load.

The Sox will be fun - but don't expect a championship from that team either.  Forget teh Celtics too.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan2691. Show redsoxfan2691's posts

I feel your pain vertigho, my life seemingly revolves around sports. It will take a few days to get over it. However, just as Patriots fans moved on from the 2007-2008 season they will likewise move on from tonight. Look forward to the draft and free agency.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

C'mon guys.  Are we being trolled or are you seriously taking this that hard?  I can understand the Kraft family, the players, coaches and all their family memebers taking this hard with all the time, hard work and expense they put in, this is their livelihood.  We are just fans!  In the scheme of life it really has no affect on our lives.  Sure it stinks our favorite team lost but we have no control whatsoever in the outcome.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: How do I get over this...?": [QUOTE]I'm just so confused. It'd be so easy, and good for my health, both physically and emotionally, to drop sports altogether right now for an extended period of time. But hypothetically speaking, if New England gets back to this point next year and wins, I'd be kicking myself for not being fully invested. Completely confused right now. Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE] Hey dude, Here are some things u can do.... Watch other superbowl wins to calm the pain Who do u love the most? Tell them that and give them a hug Find a classy giants fan to congratulate them Stay away from espn etc till draft time There are 32 teams so keep things in perspective In future donot plan after game celebrations and keep ur emotions in check until final result

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

You never get over it!  When you old and gray you'll still be saying "why did they cut Underwood the night before?".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

V - 

Know how you feel mate, sports losses can be tough, the level of emotional investment we put into this kind of thing is not always healthy. 

My two cents would be to take good care of yourself and look for some hobbies that allow you to not be as invested in spectator sports as you are now. The football gods are cruel indeed, you can make yourself crazy just thinking about a bounce here or a fumble not recovered there. 

Usually when we throw ourselves too heavily into sports it is because there is something else in our lives that needs fixing or fulfilling, something that is far more difficult to address. 

One thing that I have come to believe without a doubt is that we are defined most not by our failures or our lowest points but how we come back from the adversity. So I would say to picture yourself rising above this, and say, in a year from now, having more perspective on whatever happens to the Pats because you have more creative fulfillment in your life. 

Over time, I'll bet you'll appreciate the great ride you had - beats being a Chargers or Jets fan eh? And on the Pats side, picture Brady and Belichik hosting the Lombardi trophy one more time, and how sweet that will feel. I still think odds are it will happen again someday. 

Nothing is promised to us, we have to face our lives with courage. Spectator sports were never intended to shield us from those challenges. Tell the people in your life you love them tomorrow and hopefully a deeper and happier view of this situation will emerge. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, I really appreciate all the support. I mean, I really it's just a game, but it does hurt. I don't know what to do about sports. I like things to be cut-and-dry, and black-and-white, but life isn't that way. I have no hockey team, no baseball team, and I only support the Patriots and Celtics. I was questioning my fandom before the game for various reasons, and now it has come full-circle. I think taking a hiatus from sports for a number of years would be a healthy thing for me to do, however if there's a championship won by either the Celtics or the Patriots within that time span, I will feel crushed, and will be kicking myself. By throwing all of your livelihood into a team, you're gambling. Big risk, big reward. You win, and you're happier than ever. You lose, and you're lower than ever. Living a sport-free life yields less spikes in joy, but also less devastation. Can someone give me an answer to my conundrum? I'm completely lost as to what to do here.

Consider volunteering at the childrens' cancer ward at your local hospital.  This will give your life a whole new perspective.  And, I guarantee that any PATS loss in the future will not seem so devastating.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: How do I get over this...?": [QUOTE]V -  Know how you feel mate, sports losses can be tough, the level of emotional investment we put into this kind of thing is not always healthy.  My two cents would be to take good care of yourself and look for some hobbies that allow you to not be as invested in spectator sports as you are now. The football gods are cruel indeed, you can make yourself crazy just thinking about a bounce here or a fumble not recovered there.  Usually when we throw ourselves too heavily into sports it is because there is something else in our lives that needs fixing or fulfilling, something that is far more difficult to address.  One thing that I have come to believe without a doubt is that we are defined most not by our failures or our lowest points but how we come back from the adversity. So I would say to picture yourself rising above this, and say, in a year from now, having more perspective on whatever happens to the Pats because you have more creative fulfillment in your life.  Over time, I'll bet you'll appreciate the great ride you had - beats being a Chargers or Jets fan eh? And on the Pats side, picture Brady and Belichik hosting the Lombardi trophy one more time, and how sweet that will feel. I still think odds are it will happen again someday.  Nothing is promised to us, we have to face our lives with courage. Spectator sports were never intended to shield us from those challenges. Tell the people in your life you love them tomorrow and hopefully a deeper and happier view of this situation will emerge.  Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE] Thats beautiful man...