How Do Texans Match Up Vs. Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: How Do Texans Match Up Vs. Patriots?

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All due respect to you guys, I normally wouldn't have a dog in this fight, but am rooting heavily for the Texans in this one for selfish reasons. 

Although 8-4, I am still of the belief that the colts aren't very good.  Maybe they are just barely good enough, but they need all of the help they can get.  A win by the Texans puts separation between the Texans and their competition for #1 seed.  A win here and then the following week against the colts puts them at 13-1 and, I believe, assured of the top seed. 

The colts play them in the final week in Indy.  With nothing to play for, I am hoping for rest from the Texans giving the colts a shot at a win.  If so, that gives them possibly 3 winnable games to finish the season.  And if they win those, they are in. 

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you are just hoping that the Dolt make the playsoffs and give them no chance of winning?  Wouldn't it make more since for the Pats to humiliate the Texans by beating them 59-3 and give your team a blue print so you can take two from them at the end of the season?  If that happened they'd be 12 and four and you'd have the tie breaker over them if you tied...Come On Man show some Team Spirit!

[/QUOTE]

You probably didn't watch the colts pats game and/or you probably haven't seen any other colts games.  The colts are barely winning by the hair of their chinny chin chin generally against bad teams. 

Fortunately, they have games left vs. 2 bad teams.  The Titans and the Chiefs.  Winning those two games alone may be enough to get the colts into the playoffs, but also winning against a resting Texans team would seal the deal. 

Pittsburgh and Cincy are both just one game behind the colts, but both of them cannot run the table as they play each other to finish the year.  So, yes any advantage the colts can take advantage of, I am all for. 

Go Texans.

[/QUOTE]

The Texans are in your division, how can you root for them, unless beating another team get's the Dolts into the playoffs.  So are you a Texans fan now?  Thought you'd follow Seyton to denver before you'd become and Texans fan. 

You remind me of my son-in-law who was a Cowboys fan and is all of a sudden a Texans fan this year.  Don't hurt yourself jumping from Bandwagon to Bandwagon

[/QUOTE]

Comprehension wasn't your strong suit in school, I see.  I said that the reason I will root for the Texans is to improve the colts playoff chances. 

You remind me of an idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All due respect to you guys, I normally wouldn't have a dog in this fight, but am rooting heavily for the Texans in this one for selfish reasons. 

Although 8-4, I am still of the belief that the colts aren't very good.  Maybe they are just barely good enough, but they need all of the help they can get.  A win by the Texans puts separation between the Texans and their competition for #1 seed.  A win here and then the following week against the colts puts them at 13-1 and, I believe, assured of the top seed. 

The colts play them in the final week in Indy.  With nothing to play for, I am hoping for rest from the Texans giving the colts a shot at a win.  If so, that gives them possibly 3 winnable games to finish the season.  And if they win those, they are in. 

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight, you are just hoping that the Dolt make the playsoffs and give them no chance of winning?  Wouldn't it make more since for the Pats to humiliate the Texans by beating them 59-3 and give your team a blue print so you can take two from them at the end of the season?  If that happened they'd be 12 and four and you'd have the tie breaker over them if you tied...Come On Man show some Team Spirit!

[/QUOTE]

You probably didn't watch the colts pats game and/or you probably haven't seen any other colts games.  The colts are barely winning by the hair of their chinny chin chin generally against bad teams. 

Fortunately, they have games left vs. 2 bad teams.  The Titans and the Chiefs.  Winning those two games alone may be enough to get the colts into the playoffs, but also winning against a resting Texans team would seal the deal. 

Pittsburgh and Cincy are both just one game behind the colts, but both of them cannot run the table as they play each other to finish the year.  So, yes any advantage the colts can take advantage of, I am all for. 

Go Texans.

[/QUOTE]

The Texans are in your division, how can you root for them, unless beating another team get's the Dolts into the playoffs.  So are you a Texans fan now?  Thought you'd follow Seyton to denver before you'd become and Texans fan. 

You remind me of my son-in-law who was a Cowboys fan and is all of a sudden a Texans fan this year.  Don't hurt yourself jumping from Bandwagon to Bandwagon

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget he's also claimed to be a Steeler fan in the past.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

Lets be fair here, the pats have also rested starters in the past when there was nothing to play for.

[/QUOTE]

And lets be fair in saying that the Colts purposely tanked last season to get Luck----firing both GM and Head coach---Cheaters--if I was the Commish I would take 2 --  1st round draft picks from them and make them ineligible for the playoffs for 4 years--those are my sanctions--the Commish has spoken!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If fans refer to Zbellino's thread on 3rd down conversion stats, the Patriots' offense had bring their game up a notch on 1st and 2nd down to create shorter 3rd down situations.

This is going to be a fun game to watch..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Pats establish the run early, kill them with play action passes, and the D comes up big with several turnovers. That's how the Pats take this one.

Go Pats!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I think the Pats D has to get after it.  I'd like to see Spikes pop Foster every play...maybe some 5-3?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a surprise...A ponies fan wants the Pats to lose. Your statement just shows just how much faith you have in your team. Your actually hoping that the Texans go wwasy on your team! Wow

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I was wondering if anyone on the board knows if Houston plays their weakside LB and less superior cornerback on JJ Watts side as he rushes the QB?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Not having Gronk out there hurts in these type of games but we should still put up some points. They should run a few screen passes. Brady won't have much time to go deep so there will probably be lots of Welker and the short passes. They don't really have anyone that can shut down Welker. Double up on Watt, he's a beast and will cause all kinds of problems. On defense they need to stop the run first and watch for the big play to Johnson ..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to krismk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Pats D has to get after it.  I'd like to see Spikes pop Foster every play...maybe some 5-3?

[/QUOTE]

If there's time for the d to get aggressive, give different looks, blitz, ects.....this would be a good time :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

It will be interesting to see how the Texans plan on attacking the up-tempo offense of the Patriots.  I think if they can get pressure on Brady, are aggressive at the line of scrimmage with the Patriot receivers - it may be a long day for the Patriots. In addition, the texans have the #2 running D in the league. 

Some folks were saying McD held back on the running D vs. game in Miami.  I'm not convinced of that. I think the Dolphins rush d did a great job against the Patriot run game, except for the Patriot's last possession.  If McD indeed held back, I don't think he'll get away with it against the Texans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go Texans.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Comprehension wasn't your strong suit in school, I see.  I said that the reason I will root for the Texans is to improve the colts playoff chances. 

You remind me of an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

Wow that was a very Rusty Post of you congrats you've achieved Full Troll Status.

I was trying to get you on your teams side.  You do know that will a Pats win and two Colt wins against the texans that your home team, (unless you really are Russ and a Jest fan) could take the Division?  If the Jest were in first and playing Indy and the Pats had two games against the Jest with a chance to win the Division I'd be a Colts fan all day!

Oh But I'm the Idiot, Keep trolling

Sections
Shortcuts