How do the Pats, especially the defense, recover?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

How do the Pats, especially the defense, recover?

You always worry about the hangover effect something like this has..especially with all the media attention. I'm just wondering how the team responds..especially the defense when it looks, at least on the surface, that BB didn't trust them. The key to success is having your players buy-in to your methods and philosophies. Right now that may be hard for them to do. What does BB do to keep them on track and motivated for next week and to get them to forget the mess of last night? We can't afford any slippage against the Jets on Sunday. The Jets are also a team that is desperate, playing for what's left of their season. Mentally the pats need to "be there" so I sure hope Belichick has a better plan than he had last night!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: How do the Pats, especially the defense, recover?

You don't need to worry. There will be no hangover. I would hate to be the next team up to face the Pats. 

BB had a great plan last night. The D couldn't handle that last quarter. 

I think you are very wrong in your analysis because you underestimate the mentality of a winning team and organization. You have a losing mentality, that is your worry and problem. To win you have to think differently than that in everything you do. Why do you think the Pats come back so strongly after a loss? That's because they don't think like you do. They have the mental discipline. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think they look to beat the JETS.  No better team to have on the schedule, with their winning the first game talking all that smack, easy to focus on them.  It should be lots of fun!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Unlike the SB years, the Pats' 2009 defense scares no one. 

The Pats' D will probably continue on, bend, bend, bend, and then break.  Belichick already showed he has zero confidence in his D. And 21 4th quarter points proves that they can't be trusted.

Hopefully the Pats will get a chance to redeem themselves against Indy in the playoffs.  The D will need to improve drastically, and sack up for a change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: How do the Pats, especially the defense, recover?:
    [QUOTE]You don't need to worry. There will be no hangover. I would hate to be the next team up to face the Pats.  BB had a great plan last night. The D couldn't handle that last quarter.  I think you are very wrong in your analysis because you underestimate the mentality of a winning team and organization. You have a losing mentality, that is your worry and problem. To win you have to think differently than that in everything you do. Why do you think the Pats come back so strongly after a loss? That's because they don't think like you do. They have the mental discipline. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

I agree,they will be fine.
    If any thing last night showed they can play with the so called big boys, though that is debatable.  BB did not take any thing away from the D.  He did however, give them a bigger challenge as in stopping them from the 30. They came up short.  But did they?  BB had all the confidence in the world that they could convert (and they actually did) but on the other hand he had confidence that if it didn't work, the D would hold.  It was a 2 sided sword but unfortunately too much to overcome, as most Pats fans know why.  Football is a game of inches.  It it hard to win when the other team was handed 1440 of them as gifts.  But it is what it is, and I'm sure they all realize that and know they were much the better team last night.  All the more reason to kick azz the rest of the way and never let any one get close again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

By coming out and pulverising the big mouth jerks from the Jets. I am sure the team remembers all the smack talk from head coach ryan,Scott and co. I hope they really run up the score on these turds