How Do We Conceive Football from a Metaphysical Perpective?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Re: How Do We Conceive Football from a Metaphysical Perpective?

to deep for me....it's a game created to exploit the physical power of men against men... simplified war

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I propose the question because I do not have any clear answer for it. In fact,  more questions arise. What is the essence of football? How does it exist as as a form of cummunication and what does it communicate? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

You'll need Laz to answer that lol. To me it's a way to see violence as entertainment, a continuation of the Roman gladiators.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart99. Show stewart99's posts

In Response to Re: How Do We Conceive Football from a Metaphysical Perpective?:
    [QUOTE]I propose the question because I do not have any clear answer for it. In fact,  more questions arise. What is the essence of football? How does it exist as as a form of cummunication and what does it communicate?   
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Dude....its simple !!! football is an escape for men....... a place where they can go drink beer ....watch big crazy men beat the crap out of each other and root for laundry........You got that now?? Lol !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's an expression of universal duality.  Struggle of good (our team)  against evil (always the Jets), the positive (offense) and negative (defense) as they struggle for supremacy ultimately reversing- the positive energy on one side is soon replaced by negative, and negative on the other gives way to positive, always both sides opposed, each striving for totality but never achieving it, each small victory of one soon negated as the games and seasons reset and balance is achieved once more and the next cycle begins.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"You'll need Laz to answer that lol. To me it's a way to see violence as entertainment, a continuation of the Roman gladiators."
         ~HRK

Believe it or not harley, I myself, was once a gridirion star...  I can still recall that one fateful day when Coach took me aside.  I knew what was coming.  "You don't have to tell me," I said.  "I'm off the team, aren't I?"  "Well," the coach said, "You never really were ON the team to begin with. You made that uniform you're wearing outta rags and towels, And the helmet you're wearing is just a toy space helmet. You show up at practice, then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you just run up and tackle people at any inappropriate time you feel like it."  It was all true what he was saying, And yet I felt, 'There is something brewing inside the head of this Coach...He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold, but that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.' 
        Hindsight's 20-20, but it did give me some perspective...  So, In all though, I'd have to say that from a metaphorical perspective, Football is like a ballet, except that there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers try to kill each other...  Oh, right..."Meta-PHYSICAL."  No problemo:
         Football, at least, to me, Is like a quiet forest pool.  A forest pool that needs a direct hit from a big rock that's half-buried in the ground.  You pull and you pull, but you can't get the rock out of the ground.  So you give it a good kick, but you lose your balance and go skidding down the hill toward the pool.  Tthen out comes a big Hawaiin man who was scr#wing his wife beside the pool because they thought it was real pretty.  He tells you to get outta there in Hawaiin, but you start fakin' it, like you're answering him in Hawaiin, then he gets mad and starts chasing you...  But then imagine now, some other relevant stuff happening, And that'd be comparable to the game of Football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

From a karmic perspective, huge numbers of people on both sides are putting their mental energy out to influence the outcome of the game.  The side that is most focused on influencing the game wins.  Some activities that are rumored to karmically work include yelling at the TV, spilling the cheezy poofs all over the floor on a pick-six, and trolling the websites of opponents to psych them out. 

Or, football exists in your mind as an obstacle to be overcome, a quest to slay a dragon.  When the Red Sox win the World Series you will get the girl, or at least that's how it went in the movie. 

You tend to suffer karmically when you bet on teams.  You know that it's wrong, that you're supporting a system that doesn't really do anything.  You and your life tend to lose more than win.  You lose a little less when you only wager your mental energy and your time. 

Take away the illusion, and it's a bunch of guys who aren't really from your section of the country, pretending to represent your section of the country against another section of the country.  Tom Brady is a California kid who played college ball for "free" at Michigan.  Sometimes the "Vaqueros" try to represent Mexico City and the Bills try to represent Toronto.  These boundaries between team territories are utter illusions.

It's a game show called, "Who wants to be a millionaire and/or get their arms broken in the process?"  There are winners on the field and they jump for joy.  There are losers and they try to walk off the field but then they fall down flat if their brains have been damaged.

The other karmic force behind football is big money and that's never good.  I've complained for years that the refs occasionally act like they've been bought by Vegas mobsters, and sometimes individual players act that way on the field too. 

One football team is a billion dollar investment these days.  As early as March we may be watching supercash square off against all the guys who are doing the bleeding.  Will the rookies all cave one by one and everyone takes a big pay cut?  These billion dollar squabbles cut into the whole of the illusion created solely for our pleasure.

Football is a minor addiction to adrenaline.  It's a cheap substitute for the world outside, which right now is wicked cold so I think I'll stay inside and watch tube.

Football is our ape ancestry speaking through the ages, telling us, go with your tribe, taste fear, and then kill your enemies in battle.  Later you can konk a cheerleader on the head with a club and drag her back to your cave for drinks and whatever.  The Censor God won't let us be our testosterone monster selves in school or at work, but we will escape these maddening handcuffs of human civilization on Sundays.  We live in the real world, except which of the worlds is real?  The world itself is an onion with false layers that may all be stripped away one by one, but when you get to the inside there may be nothing left at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The next experiment for the Large Hadron Collider will accelerate a football to approximately the speed of light.

After several revolutions around the 17 mile magnetic vacuum track, the football will collide with Rex's annus.

If scientists can detect the Higg's boson, then our humble game of football will have finally united the Four Fundamental Forces of Nature.

And as a side benefit, we won't hear much from the Jets anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Football is like the game Stratego .

Football is essentially a war game where City States (represented by owners) hire Generals (represented by Coaches) who draft armies (represented by players) to do battle with other City States.

The armies line up on the field of battle and go at each other like in the days of old before cannon and gunpowder changed the nature of battle on the field.

The Generals employ ever changing military tactics to gain the advantage over opponents on what is supposed to be a level playing field but that is heavily influenced by money and location.

As Harley said, we enjoy it in the same way spectators enjoyed the blood-sport of gladiatorial contests.

We identify with our local sports franchise much is the same way we feel patriotism for our country and we feel good when they win and bad when they lose.

Sports in some cities becomes a huge part of local culture binding people who don't know each other in a communal bonding experience. Walk into any Dunkin Donuts in New England during Football season and the talk will be all Pats all the time and you can strike up a conversation with any stranger about them and their prospects. 

Try that in Phoenix or in Florida and it just ain't happening, mainly because most of the people living there have transplanted themselves there from somewhere else and have failed to adopt and become part of the local zeitgeist or what passes for one.

Thus sports becomes much more interwoven into the local culture in places like New England than in those places that don't have a strong regional identity.

In New England we reserve the right to love our teams when they win and to harshly criticize our teams when they fail.  That's why it's so irritating to listen to these out-of-staters who have adopted the Pats as their team, anoint themselves "Real" fans, and come on our board here in Boston and try to tell us how to talk about our team. 

They don't understand the cultural zeitgeist in New England because they don't have one where they live, and I suspect they jumped on the New England bandwagon just so they could be backing a winning organization.

Some things never change.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]That's why it's so irritating to listen to these out-of-staters who have adopted the Pats as their team, anoint themselves "Real" fans, and come on our board here in Boston and try to tell us how to talk about our team.  They don't understand the cultural zeitgeist in New England because they don't have one where they live, and I suspect they jumped on the New England bandwagon just so they could be backing a winning organization. Some things never change.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Where is New England? Somewhere in Appalachia?

Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my ma and pa . . .  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He means me.  I told him I was born, raised in New England.  Even if you discount my connecticut years, that is 25 years of living there.  But I'm an "out of stater" because for the last 10 years I lived in Pennsylvania.  He had devised this strategy after I repeatedly pointed out that his ranting was nearly lunatic, not terribly lucid, and in very poor taste.  That was the best he could come up with, which is sort of an "I know you are but what am I."  
    He is a poor debater, a sore loser, and pretty much all around nut job.  But at least he didn't create 50 new accounts and spam the board with troll posts.  He makes his right off his main account.  But, essentially, he is mad because I spanked him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

There is no football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]

In Response to Re: How Do We Conceive Football from a Metaphysical Perpective? :

Where is New England? Somewhere in Appalachia?

Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my ma and pa . . .  

Posted by prolate0spheroid

[/QUOTE]

-

I love a good sense of humour.

What's that coat of arms? 

Are you the King of Canada?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Why do we like football?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorFootball. Show DoctorFootball's posts

[QUOTE]He means me.  I told him I was born, raised in New England.  Even if you discount my connecticut years, that is 25 years of living there.  But I'm an "out of stater" because for the last 10 years I lived in Pennsylvania.  He had devised this strategy after I repeatedly pointed out that his ranting was nearly lunatic, not terribly lucid, and in very poor taste.  That was the best he could come up with, which is sort of an "I know you are but what am I."   He is a poor debater, a sore loser, and pretty much all around nut job.  But at least he didn't create 50 new accounts and spam the board with troll posts.  He makes his right off his main account.  But, essentially, he is mad because I spanked him.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Yes Dave we know all about how you like to spank men. We dont care about you or you coming out of the closet (your mommy's basement)
    Please go and buy a new toy and just go away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorFootball. Show DoctorFootball's posts

[QUOTE]I propose the question because I do not have any clear answer for it. In fact,  more questions arise. What is the essence of football? How does it exist as as a form of cummunication and what does it communicate?   
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]
    Wow, Laz is a good friend of mine but his prospective on this matter will differ from mine.

You are trying to put the, "Essence of Football"  into a nonlinear standard. Football has no meaning in the Cosmos, nor does it relate to any level of form  in being Metaphysical.

Football as it stands here and now, is a time faction algorithm who's sole purpose is to bring windfall to the heads of the organization that run its manifestation.  

Each level of human consciousness while involved (1.Owners) 2.Players (3.Fans) 4.Investors,  while all human in form, are non related and seek alternative universes in their own outcomes. Owners are concerned for profit and manipulation of the people and their loyalty, the players for their drive and status and glory, the fans for their own emptiness and dream-state thinking, the investors for what ever is left.  

Again in simple form, Football is just a simple thought energy process brought to fruition by which man as a species transforms his time in being into a vehicle of passage. Nothing more, nothing less. Frown 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Do We Conceive Football from a Metaphysical Perpective? : - I love a good sense of humour. What's that coat of arms?  Are you the King of Canada?
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Well, we've finally found our court jester . . . 

And he spells "humour" in the Canadian way . . .  nice!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]

In Response to Re: How Do We Conceive Football from a Metaphysical Perpective? :

Well, we've finally found our court jester . . .  And he spells "humour" in the Canadian way . . .  nice!

Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Has the King spoken?  The King of What . . . .  .  nothing?

Where-ever English is spoken the several different spellings of the word '"humour" or "humor" are accepted as correct and interchangable.  There is no canadian way or American way, there are just several accepted spellings.

Hey, dont' they have Football up in canada?  Oh, that's right, that's
    canadian football.

Tell us about that coat of arms that you so proudly display.