How do we explain it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How do we explain it?

Hard to believe, after the Pats finished the 2007 season at 16 - 0, we have TWO teams at 13 - 0.  Their remaining schedules just about scream "undefeated finish" unless they purposely pack it in!  The Colts have to shudder at the thought of playing their remaining 3 foes with a combined record of 19 - 20, 2 on the road with a final game in balmy Buffalo.  The Saints are cowering with foes who are at 14 - 24 (Dallas still playing), that tough game at home.  With so many folks saying it may be a long time before such a season can be repeated, how do we explain it to happen, with possibly TWO teams, only one season removed? 

When I look at NO schedule to date, through the completed games today, their foes are a combined 68 - 96!!  Indy also has faced a brutal schedule with their opponants at 78 - 86.  Is the botom half that bad this year?  Indy & NO happen to luck out with the scheduler?  I recall when the Pats got to game 16, they had to face a 10 - 5 Giant team in the Meadowlands (sort of wish they lost just to take the pressure off, huh?) Neither Indy or NO will be in that type of boat if they get to 15 - 0.  Does anyone here relish the thought of a SB with two 18-0 teams?  Witnessing history is always neat, unless it involves the Pats, since most of the country DID NOT want them to finish undefeated and many seem happy the Colts broke the 21 game record!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Re: How do we explain it?

It will be interesting to see what Indy does in game 16--up to 15 I think they play and win.  And given the bye week, I have to think they go for the undefeated season. 

And imagine Indy with those defensive play-makers back in the line up come playoff time...  Scary.

NO is not as scary as Indy, or immediatley relevant, so I don't care what they do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

As a Poster on here previously noted (believe it was p-mike), I too, hope BOTH Teams go 16 and 0 making the feat somewhat insignificant, As long as They BOTH lose in the Playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: How do we explain it?:
    [QUOTE]As a Poster on here previously noted (believe it was p-mike), I too, hope BOTH Teams go 16 and 0 making the feat somewhat insignificant, As long as They BOTH lose in the Playoffs.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I hope neither team does. I remember the Pro Football Talk column about the number of Quality Teams (PFT rating) that the Pats faced and it was phenomenal. These are watered-down versions based on the schedules. The good thing about the Saints is that they didn't need a 12th man to assist them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: How do we explain it?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we explain it? : I hope neither team does. I remember the Pro Football Talk column about the number of Quality Teams (PFT rating) that the Pats faced and it was phenomenal. These are watered-down versions based on the schedules. The good thing about the Saints is that they didn't need a 12th man to assist them.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I'm with you and I can't help notice that "EXPERTS" want both teams to go undefeated. I'll route against both every week.