How Do you shut up Jets Fans???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: How Do you shut up Jets Fans???

This is as good as it gets. Jests Offense was inept. Sanchez couldn't pass down field to save his life, Greene wasn't even in the game because of his problems, Jenkins is as brittle as we all said this entire winter, Cromartie and Wilson looked bad on most plays, they got beat and committed costly penalty after penalty.

I'll hand it to the Jests though, Revis still looks good and their Run D is solid, outside of that, nothing much. Loosing Faneca will hurt them this year, No Thomas Jones, no number one running game. Unless Sanchez learns how to pass down field, Mr. Check-down will not be winning any games in the 4th quarter with the team on his back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: How Do you shut up Jets Fans???:
    In Response to Re: How Do you shut up Jets Fans??? : a JETS FAN WILLING TO STAND UP LIKE A MAN...........GOD BLESS!!! TEAM STILL BLOWS THO.....SEE YA NEXT WEEK
    Posted by mojobag101

he still a dillusional troll...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMuscle. Show BostonMuscle's posts

Anyone seen loud mouth leon? Cry

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Holy cr@p, did you see the 4 records the Jests beat or tied, WOW, if only the Pats could be record setters.....

Don't remember verbatim, but something like fewest first downs, fewest yards , most penalties, and another fewest something,  DAMN, THEYZ BE GOOD!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

Tell them that the Patriots are coming!  

Pats 42 Jets 3

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I thought all the Jet trolls would be gone by week 2 when they where 0-2...I guess I gave them too much credit....cricket...cricket...cricket......Pats 27-Jets 9

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

We all know it's one game. In 2003 we looked awful against the Bills. Even last year and 2006 the Bills outplayed us and we were lucky to beat them. it's one game. I expect them to improve next week. Hopfully the Pats pull it out. Ryan is getting more and more like his father though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ray Lewis was right.  Keep writing those big checks Ryan, and put the pressure on your team to cash them.  It's only one game, I can't believe the Jets will play that poorly all season, but I saw a team that was tight on offense led by a QB that looked a bit lost at times.  Cromartie and Wilson will have a lot of balls throw their way, and Cromartie, despite his athleticism, looks like he can be beat. 

Hope that running game holds up, Jets. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Tell them that the Patriots are coming!   Pats 42 Jets 3
    Posted by NEPfan4life

No way we score 42.  I appreciate your optimism but they held a very good offense to 10 points last night.  Had they controlled their penalties a bit it might not have even been that.  Their D is for real.  

The one thing that may lead to a higher scoring game for us will be when their D gets tired later in the game.  They cannot blitz like that all game if their offense can't stay on the field for long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

If I were a Jets fan, I would be worried about the D as well.  They were on the field a ton last night, and the Ravens started to run the ball down their throats on that final Ravens drive.  The D looked tired.  If the Jets offense keeps playing poorly, you will see more D line injuries with the increased time on the field.
    I agree the Jets have big time playmakers, but they will wear down as the season goes along with Sanchez going 3 and out all the time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If I were a Jets fan, I would be worried about the D as well.  They were on the field a ton last night, and the Ravens started to run the ball down their throats on that final Ravens drive.  The D looked tired.  If the Jets offense keeps playing poorly, you will see more D line injuries with the increased time on the field. I agree the Jets have big time playmakers, but they will wear down as the season goes along with Sanchez going 3 and out all the time
    Posted by slicksteve38

This is a very good point. When push came to shove last night, the Ravens were able to move the ball on the ground in the waning moments. Of course, they got ultra-conservative at the very end and would have provided an actual NFL quarterback an opportunity to win the game, if Green New Jersey had such a thing . . .  which it doesn't. Not just in each individual game, but over the course of the season, fatigue will set in and that is a precursor to injury. I think MVPkilla was the first person to point this out as regards all the Jests barking in the pre-season, but what is ultimately going to kill Green New Jersey is a lack of quality depth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Answers this week . . .

Can the Patriots put pressure on the QB?  Sanchez is a vulnerable point in the Jets offense, if we can put pressure on him.

Can the Patriots stop the run?  The Jets will assumably continue to try to take pressure off the QB by running the ball a ton.  I think Tomlinson hates the Patriots more than any other Jets player.  (I was really happy about Benson's lack of production last week, BUT, the Bengels came out throwing.)

Can the Patriots win on the road?

Can the Patriots protect a lead, late?  Last week this wasn't tested since the game was over seconds into the second half.  This week the game will probably be determined late (as they normally are in the NFL.)

I think these questions will begin to be answered this week.  With these questions still outstanding, this is a big week for the Patriots, so I'm not turning into a Jets fan and getting overly excited in September.  Hey, to be real, I was excited about the Bengals game, and I was pleased to see the Jets lose, but that was week 1.  Week 1 the Patriots answered questions regarding their secondary, among others, and they showed off some explosiveness from some developing players. 
    It just sounds to me like there is a premature rubbing of the Jets fans noses, when we haven't played the game, yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

As for the Jets losing to the Ravens . . .

Is anyone else a little concerned by the fact that the Ravens are improved since last time the Patriots played them?  I know the Patriots have improved, too. 
    I feel like the Ravens are one of the few top teams in the AFC that the Patriots will have to be able to beat in order to make it through January.  The fact that the Jets played them to 10-9 and were able to stop Ray Rice in the process indicates to me that the Jets might be one of the few top teams to beat, too.
    Hey, I'm just setting this up in a fashion that I think is realistic, and that will make me very happy if the Patriots can beat these teams - starting this week!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

This is as good as it gets. Jests Offense was inept. Sanchez couldn't pass down field to save his life, Greene wasn't even in the game because of his problems, Jenkins is as brittle as we all said this entire winter, Cromartie and Wilson looked bad on most plays, they got beat and committed costly penalty after penalty. I'll hand it to the Jests though, Revis still looks good and their Run D is solid, outside of that, nothing much. Loosing Faneca will hurt them this year, No Thomas Jones, no number one running game. Unless Sanchez learns how to pass down field, Mr. Check-down will not be winning any games in the 4th quarter with the team on his back.
    Posted by GadisRKO

I agree for the most part, but their kicking game was very impressive, don't you think?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Yeah, I mentioned that the Bengals came out throwing, but Benson is tough and that could have gone far worse.  I agree, too, that Benson is better than anyone running for the Jets, but what about this . . .

The Jets O-line is way better than the Bengals o-line.  This week will be a great challenge for our patched up D-line.  The Jets didn't run well while their o-line was tied up with the Ravens defensive front.  I was the one talking about making a trade for a d-lineman a few weeks ago.  I will be thrilled if they can stop holes from opening up that will allow the Jets backs to have an advantage against the Patriots that they did not have against the Ravens.
    Again, I'm just putting this out b/c if they can do it, then they will deserve alot of credit, so I don't want to take it for granted going in.

Cedric Benson is a better RB then anyone on the Jets roster right now and we shut him down when ever he had the ball last week. Greene looked like a young RB with fumble issue's and LT looked good but definitely got shut down at the LOS a few times. I think the Pats can stop the run enough to make them pass more then they would like and if that happens I see a few turn over's coming our way cause i dont trust Sanchez to take care of the ball.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

As far as shutting up the Jets fans, it's a bad case of monkey see-monkey do. 

I was surprised that Ryan re-asserted that the Jets are SB-bound in his post-game.  When was the last time you saw the coach of a team with a losing record, albeit one loss, openly profess his team's worthiness for the SB? 

Last year, I thought he was just refreshingly candid.  Now I think he is just foolish. What an example for Jets fans to follow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Right on, brother, I don't think any team will "spank" the Patriots this season, Ravens included.  I just hope the Patriots can get the win.  As for the Jets, I'm not trying the buy into the media predictions.  As far as I'm concerned, the NY media builds them up in part so they can write about the disappointment later.  Anyway, you mentioned yourself that the Ravens improved, so I'm giving the Jets credit based on their week 1 loss to the Ravens.
    As for the Jets not making the playoff:  I could see that.  I could also see this early part of the season being when the Jets are at their best this year.

Jets are not a top team stop buying what the media is selling bro, jets wont even make the playoffs. As for the Ravens yes they did get better but if you think they will spank the Pats the way they did last year again you are mistaken. No way Brady or Belichick let that happen again. The Ravens offense is easy to figure out and BB is good at that I think we will shut them down.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

For that matter, when was the last time a team's coach brought up the superbowl at 1-0?

As far as shutting up the Jets fans, it's a bad case of monkey see-monkey do.  I was surprised that Ryan re-asserted that the Jets are SB-bound in his post-game.  When was the last time you saw the coach of a team with a losing record, albeit one loss, openly profess his team's worthiness for the SB?  Last year, I thought he was just refreshingly candid.  Now I think he is just foolish. What an example for Jets fans to follow.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

You're probably right.  I hope so anyway.

What exactly makes you think their O line is that good? D Brick is probably as good but not much better then the LT on Cinci. The Guards are nothing special, Mangold is a very good center and Woody is a good RT but Cinci has a top 10 RT playing last week and we didnt have an issue with them. The Ravens pushed that O line around last night and I am going off the eye test and that Offense from the O line all the way to Sanchez didnt pass the eye test last night. Forget last year, this year that O line will still have to prove itself.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

If I were a Jets fan, I would be worried about the D as well.  They were on the field a ton last night, and the Ravens started to run the ball down their throats on that final Ravens drive.  The D looked tired.  If the Jets offense keeps playing poorly, you will see more D line injuries with the increased time on the field. I agree the Jets have big time playmakers, but they will wear down as the season goes along with Sanchez going 3 and out all the time
    Posted by slicksteve38

really hoping the Pats can run the ball but there is a big difference between Rice and the RB committee that the Pats use.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Its all there on film bro. The ravens pushed that O line around. Mangold is their best linemen, their tackles are decent but their guards are pretty bad.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Ferguson was constantly pushed back by Suggs.  Slauson is now in place for Faneca which hurts Ferguson's quality of play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Jets' D is real good for about 3 quarters of play.  RR and the whole team ran their mouths for the entire summer only to find that they couldn't bring it when it counted.  All their war of words did was entice Ray Lewis, and the thing is, Lewis actually backs up his talk on the field. 

RR looked embarrassed, out-coached and frankly lost.  OC and Sanchez not on the same page; the only bright spot in the Jets' O last night was LT, and that was limited.  Seriously, is Sanchez any better than Ryan Leaf?

Jets received a serious lesson last night.  Close your mouths and play the game on the field. Next week's going to be even worse, but I don't see the Pats putting up more than 24.  I'll take Pats, 24-10 in the new (empty) stadium.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Rex looked disgusted that the defense kept handing the offense turnover after turnover early in the game and the offense was inept.  He looked like he was going to nuke shottie jr for that offensive showing.  I think it was killa that said he is only as good as his offensive coordinator and he was sick of his own OC. you say there was a brightspot on offense?  I dont see it.  I dont see anything positive on offense beside them seeing how far they have to go to score on a legit defense.  I see rex sitting in on A LOT of offensive meetings this week. 

Defense was strong!!!!  They were on the field A LOT and they still held up at the end of the game.  That touchdown was off a soft pass interference penalty by our rookie.  Put them at first and goal on the one.  I call that one soft.  If I dont agree it dont matter, the refs called it.

Prediction for this week:

1  the patsies loading up the box with 9 doods.  If shottie cant scheme up an offense against a 9 man front after facing 9 man fronts all year last year, he is going to get nuked.
    2  TB is gunna get lit up.  I know u dont want to hear it but its going to happen.  you see that hit on our 1st defensive play against the ravens.  yeah, its like that.
    3  Moss goes invisible.  I think there is some wrestler that waves his hand in front of his face and says you cant see me.  that is gunna be moss, stranded on Revis Island.
    4  Cro--I think he has a better idea of what the offense will come after him with.  Like every passing play not targeting our rookie CB.
    5  Rookie CB--doesnt deserve to have his name mentioned until he shows up.  Looked lost last week, dunno if it was the Monday night atmosphere or having to man up on Bolden, Mason or whosyourmama.

Sum it up.  Jets win by our defense scoring 2 tds and our kicking game scoring 3 fg.  final score 23-10.  (you get 10 pts for a defensive td and recovering a fumble in the redzone for a chipshot). 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I AM SPARTA!!!!
    for my 300th post

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

The thing is the jets didnt learn their lesson and will still talk trash even if they are losing. They wont ever learn their lesson.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Lesson is what, season is over after a bad game.  after we are both 1-1 we will talk again.

Sections
Shortcuts