How Does 2012 Patriots Compare To 2007?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: How Does 2012 Patriots Compare To 2007?

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

who? :)

lmao....btw, how does one insert images?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Copy and paste. Right click on any image on the net, click copy and then you can paste it here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Copy and paste. Right click on any image on the net, click copy and then you can paste it here.

That doesn't work for me for some reason.  Are you using a PC or a Mac?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think the 2007 team was 5-0 at this point and this one is 3-2. I think the 2007 offense scored more points and the 2007 defense allowed less points.

So far, the 2007 team looks better by quite a bit. But then, despite the flukish loss to a formidable Giants' team at the end, they are still considered one of the top teams in history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

PC. Sometimes it won't let me paste into a blank area. I have to type in a letter, highlight it and then paste onto the highlighted letter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think the 2007 team was 5-0 at this point and this one is 3-2. I think the 2007 offense scored more points and the 2007 defense allowed less points.

So far, the 2007 team looks better by quite a bit. But then, despite the flukish loss to a formidable Giants' team at the end, they are still considered one of the top teams in history.

I agree, that 2007 team was one for the ages. That Super Bowl was the most disappointing loss in a sporting event that I've ever experienced. Even worse than the 1986 Red Sox.

Many people disagree with me on this but it seems like today's NFL elite teams are not as good as years past. All teams have major flaws. The top teams either have an elite offense or an elite defense but not both. Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but I recall super bowl caliber teams being mostly complete teams with only minor flaws.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I agree, that 2007 team was one for the ages. That Super Bowl was the most disappointing loss in a sporting event that I've ever experienced. Even worse than the 1986 Red Sox.

Many people disagree with me on this but it seems like today's NFL elite teams are not as good as years past. All teams have major flaws. The top teams either have an elite offense or an elite defense but not both. Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but I recall super bowl caliber teams being mostly complete teams with only minor flaws.

Pre salary cap?  It's hard to have 6 stars on your team now. Brady, Fork, Mankins, hern, gronk, mayo.  That's a big chunk right there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

PC. Sometimes it won't let me paste into a blank area. I have to type in a letter, highlight it and then paste onto the highlighted letter.

Thanks Digger.  I'll have to try that.  (Just did, it still isn't working. Wonder if it's because I'm posting from a Mac.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Thanks Digger.  I'll have to try that.  (Just did, it still isn't working. Wonder if it's because I'm posting from a Mac.)

For me ( windows XP/firefox ) when I right click I don't get a paste option but if I use the ctrl/v shortcut it works. Try that. Having never owned a Mac I don't know if ctrl/c  ctrl/v   shortcut copy/paste

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Try Apple/C Apple/V

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No fan has ever endured anything worse than 2007. Thanks Asante.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

well, if the 2012 team continues to improve their offense - in the sense that they are no longer 1 dimensional - and if the secondary ever becomes dependable enough to make critical stops when needed...i think the 2012 team is actually better prepared to win a sB than the 2007 team; regardless of what the regular season record is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the team is far more balanced obviously....and the defense is alot younger and active. we dont have a deep threat like randy moss, but then again, in 07' we had no tight ends compared to gronk and hern...this team is capable of being better than the 07 team, we will just have to wait and see.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Try Apple/C Apple/V

Thanks Glen . . . we'll try using the control keys. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Thist thread looks pretty stupid now.

This defense is pretty horrid to allow Wilson to look like a pro bowl QB

Just because this defense is young does not mean they will necessarily improve. This D is pretty bad and this offense is unclutch when they have a one posession lead.

Sections
Shortcuts