How Does 2012 Patriots Compare To 2007?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: How Does 2012 Patriots Compare To 2007?

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

who? :)

[/QUOTE]

lmao....btw, how does one insert images?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Copy and paste. Right click on any image on the net, click copy and then you can paste it here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Copy and paste. Right click on any image on the net, click copy and then you can paste it here.

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work for me for some reason.  Are you using a PC or a Mac?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think the 2007 team was 5-0 at this point and this one is 3-2. I think the 2007 offense scored more points and the 2007 defense allowed less points.

So far, the 2007 team looks better by quite a bit. But then, despite the flukish loss to a formidable Giants' team at the end, they are still considered one of the top teams in history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

PC. Sometimes it won't let me paste into a blank area. I have to type in a letter, highlight it and then paste onto the highlighted letter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]I think the 2007 team was 5-0 at this point and this one is 3-2. I think the 2007 offense scored more points and the 2007 defense allowed less points.

So far, the 2007 team looks better by quite a bit. But then, despite the flukish loss to a formidable Giants' team at the end, they are still considered one of the top teams in history.
    [/QUOTE]

I agree, that 2007 team was one for the ages. That Super Bowl was the most disappointing loss in a sporting event that I've ever experienced. Even worse than the 1986 Red Sox.

Many people disagree with me on this but it seems like today's NFL elite teams are not as good as years past. All teams have major flaws. The top teams either have an elite offense or an elite defense but not both. Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but I recall super bowl caliber teams being mostly complete teams with only minor flaws.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I think the 2007 team was 5-0 at this point and this one is 3-2. I think the 2007 offense scored more points and the 2007 defense allowed less points.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, that 2007 team was one for the ages. That Super Bowl was the most disappointing loss in a sporting event that I've ever experienced. Even worse than the 1986 Red Sox.

Many people disagree with me on this but it seems like today's NFL elite teams are not as good as years past. All teams have major flaws. The top teams either have an elite offense or an elite defense but not both. Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but I recall super bowl caliber teams being mostly complete teams with only minor flaws.

[/QUOTE]

Pre salary cap?  It's hard to have 6 stars on your team now. Brady, Fork, Mankins, hern, gronk, mayo.  That's a big chunk right there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

PC. Sometimes it won't let me paste into a blank area. I have to type in a letter, highlight it and then paste onto the highlighted letter.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Digger.  I'll have to try that.  (Just did, it still isn't working. Wonder if it's because I'm posting from a Mac.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Digger.  I'll have to try that.  (Just did, it still isn't working. Wonder if it's because I'm posting from a Mac.)

[/QUOTE]

For me ( windows XP/firefox ) when I right click I don't get a paste option but if I use the ctrl/v shortcut it works. Try that. Having never owned a Mac I don't know if ctrl/c  ctrl/v   shortcut copy/paste

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Try Apple/C Apple/V

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No fan has ever endured anything worse than 2007. Thanks Asante.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

well, if the 2012 team continues to improve their offense - in the sense that they are no longer 1 dimensional - and if the secondary ever becomes dependable enough to make critical stops when needed...i think the 2012 team is actually better prepared to win a sB than the 2007 team; regardless of what the regular season record is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the team is far more balanced obviously....and the defense is alot younger and active. we dont have a deep threat like randy moss, but then again, in 07' we had no tight ends compared to gronk and hern...this team is capable of being better than the 07 team, we will just have to wait and see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

2007 Pats Results…  NE’s D performed admirably verses the worst of the worst Offensive Teams within their schedule, while performing pretty freakin’ poorly almost unconditionally verses the better Offenses they faced, while slightly (very slightly) shoring it up a bit during the latter span of the ’12 Pats Season (and IF I recall correctly, I’m almost certain that NE’s pass-rush D in particular, accumulated the VAST majority of their Defensive pass-rushing stats during the 1st half of the ’07 Season in question), just as NE’s O themselves began putting up fewer & fewer points, oddly enough during the latter span of the ’12 Season when NE’s O not only became more & more grossly unbalanced in favor of the passing attack all alone, but when NE’s O became even more singular with-IN their passing gameplan, favoring ever lesser & lesser individual Pats pass-catchers to key in on as the even more unbalanced few sole weapons OF their 1-dimensional passing attack…  

38-14-Jets

38-14-Chargers

38-7-Bills

34-13-Bengals

34-17-Browns

48-27-Cowboys

49-28-Dolphins

52-7-Redskins

24-20-Colts

56-10-Bills

31-28-Eagles

27-24-Ravens

34-13-Steelers

20-10-Jets

28-7-Dolphins

38-35-Giants

~Now let’s see how ’12 looks in comparison…  I wanted to do this earlier, but let’s just key-in on a few more telling 9and otherwise totally unmentioned) interesting Pats stats during this year thus far:

Here's what I "keyed-in" onTurnovers, Sacks, QB hits, and SPECIFICALLY- I outlined for both NE AND for NE's Opponents thus far this season, ALL Starting Drives which began: ANY-where, outside that own team's (NE and/or opponent) 10-30 yard line (in their own half of the field) <i.e. 9 yard line down to the goal-line was fair game, along with starting drives beginning in that team's territory from the 31 yard line straight on through to starting drives which began for NE or an opponent, right on through to the opposing team's half of the field & right down to THAT goal-line>

34-13 Tennessee-

Sacks-Ari’s D: 1 for -8 yards and 4 additional QB hits & NE’s D: 2 Sacks for -8 yards and 3 additional QB hits; Fumbles-Ari 1 w/ 1 lost; INTs-Ari 1;

Titans O-NE’s D scores 7 points, based off of a 3rd and 13 by Tenn’s O from their own 7 yard line, ensuing play resulting in a C. Jones strip & D. Hightower recovery for the NE TD;

NE’s Offense-1st and 10 from their own 33 yard line based off of a 4th and 3 punt by Tenn from their own 25 yard line, ensuing NE drive resulting in a NE Field Goal;

NE’s Offense-1st and 10 from their own 33 yard line, based off a 4th down short punt by Tenn’s O inside their own territory, and an interference w/ NE’s punt returner, ensuing drive resulting in a NE TD;

NE’s Offense-1st and 10 from Tenn’s own 48 yard line, based off of a 4th and 18 punt by Tenn’s O from their own 2 yard line, ensuing NE drive resulting in a NE TD;

NE’s Offense-1st and 10 for from their own 12 yard line, based off a 54 yard punt by Tenn from their own 38 yard line and no return (due to the fact that 33 seconds remained in the 1st half-next play-Brady kneeldown and halftime);

18-20-Cardinals-

NE- 1 Interception thrown; Sacks-NE’s D: 2 for -0 yards and 5 additional QB hits & Ari’s D: 4 for -19 yards and 6 additional QB hits; Fumbles-NE: 1 w/ 0 lost; Ari: 2 w/ 2 lost;

Ari Offense-1st and 10 from NE’s own 36 yard line, based off Ari INT, ensuing Ari drive resulting in an Arizona Field Goal;

NE’s Offense-1st and 10 from ARI’s 46 yard line, based off of a 4th and 17 punt by Ari’s Offense from their own 9 yard line, ensuing NE drive resulting in a NE Field Goal;

NE’s Offense-1st and 10 from NE’s 48 yard line, based off of a strip sack by C. Jones, and a Tavon Wilson recovery, ensuing NE drive resulting in -12 yards and a NE punt;

Ari Offense-1st and 10 from NE’s own 2 yard line, based off of a Z. Mesko blocked punt from a 4th and 9 @ the NE 11 yard line, Ensuing drive resulting in a 3rd & Goal, 2 yard TD score by Ari’s Offense;

Ari Offense-1st and 10 from Ari’s own 9 yard line, based off of a NE 4th and 5 punt from Ari’s 43 yard line, pinning Ari’s O @ their own 9 yard line, ensuing Ari drive resulting in a 4th and 6 punt from Ari’s own 26 yard line;

NE’s Offense-1st and 10 from NE’s 36 yard line, based off of preceding deep Pats drive, and punt pinning Ari back to start their drive @ their own 9 yard line, and NE’s Defense holding Ari to a 4th and 6 @ Ari’s own 26 yard line, ensuing NE drive resulting in a NE Field Goal;

Final 2 drives (?)- NE starting at their own 30 yard line (unsuccessful drive), and Ari starting at their own 32 yard line (kneel down-end of regulation);

30-31-Baltimore-

NE-1 INT for a 36 yard return; Fumbles-Brady: 1 w/ 0 lost, Balti (J. Jones): 1 w/ 0 lost; Sacks-NE’s D- 0 Sacks and 0 QB hits/Balti’s D-2 Sacks for -16 yards & 6 additional QB hits;

Balti’s Offense- 1st and 10 from Balti’s 44 yard line, based off of a 4th and 23 punt by NE’s O at their own 19 yard line (orig. 1st and 10 @ the NE 32 yard line) + a 19 yard return by Balti’s PR man, ensuing Baltimore O drive resulting in a 4th and 1 punt from NE’s own 47 yard line;

NE’s Offense- 1st and Goal from Balti’s own 6 yard line, based off of a S. Gregory INT and return, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a NE TD;

Balti’s O-1st and 10 from Balti’s own 33 yard line, based off of a 36 yard KR by Balti’s KR man on a kickoff, ensuing Balti O drive resulting in a 4th and 2 Balti punt from Balti’s own 41 yard line; 

NE’s O-1st and 10 from NE’s own 9 yard line, based off of Balti punt from the preceding Balti O’s drive & before that the long 36 yard KR by Balti’s KR man, beginning Balti’s foremost drive at the Baltimore 36 yard line, Ensuing NE O drive resulting in a 49 yard NE Field Goal (+1 for NE’s O);

Balti’s O-1st and 10 from Balti’s own 8 yard line, based off of a 50 yard Z. Mesko punt by NE’s O on 4th and 15 from the NE 42 yard line, ensuing Balti O drive resulting in a Baltimore TD (-1 by NE’s D);

NE’s O-1st and 10 from NE’s own 34 yard line, based off of a 4th and 1 stop by NE’s D of Balti’s O & a TO on downs, ensuing NE O drive resultingin a 4th and 14 punt from the Balti 44 yard line;

Balti’s O-1st and 10 from Balti’s own 8 yard line, based off of the short field Mesko punt 1 & NE’s D holding Balti’s O, and a 2nd mesko punt based off of this foremost occurrence and a NE O 20 yard drive & subsequent punt, ensuing Balti O drive resulting in a Balti TD (-1 by both squads, NE’s O failing twice, and NE’s D failing to keep Balti pinned back this 2nd (1st time successful) time, this time Balti deeper in their own territory, balti’s o beginning this 2nd drive, the successful drive at their own 9 yard line; 

52-28-Buffalo-

NE’s D: 4 INTs for 56 yards, Buff’s D: 0 INTs for 0 yards; Fumbles- NE’s O: 3 Fumbles w/ 2 lost (Welker/Gronk), Buff’s O: 3 Fumbles w/ 2 lost (Spiller,F.Jackson); Sacks-NE’s D: 3 for -10 yards and 4 additional QB hits & Buff’s D: 1 for -7 yards and 3 additional QB hits;

NE’s O-1st and 10 from Buff’s own 49 yard line, based off of a tipped pass on 3rd and 7 for Buff’s O & a Mayo INT, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a 4th and 2 punt from the Buffalo 42 yard line;

Bills O-1st and 10 from their own 6 yard line, based off of Mayo INT, 7 yard NE O drive & subsequent NE punt, ensuing Buff O drive resulting in a 4th & 9 punt from the Buff 31 yard line;

Buff-1st & 10 from Buffalo’s own 2 yard line, based off of the preceding underlined events written above, + 1 more additional Pats O drive for 19 yards and subsequent NE punt (NE’s O began this unmentioned drive before this Buff drive @ NE’s own 29 yard line, which is why it’s unmentioned), ensuing Buff drive resulting in a DMC INT;

NE’s O-1st and 10 at Buffalo’s own 42 yard line, based off of DMC INT, ensuing NE O drive resulting in an 11 yard drive 4th down missed Gostkowski FG attempt;

Buff-1st and 10 from Buff’s own 39 yard line, based off of a TO on downs due to SG’s missed FG, ensuing Buff O drive resulting in a NE D TO;

NE’s O-1st and from NE’s own 9 yard line, based off of a NE D INT, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a fumble deep inside their own territory on the 1st play of this drive;

Buff’s O-1st and 10 from NE’s own 24 yard line, based off of NE O fumble after the catch, ensuing Buff drive resulting in a Buff TD;

Buff-1st and 10 from Buff’s own 32 yard line, based off of another missed FG by SG, ensuing Buff drive resulting in a TD;

NE’s O-1st and 10 from NE’s own 4 yard line, based off of another NE D TO, resulting in just 2 plays then kneel down prior to halftime;

NE’s O-1st and 10 from NE’s own 37 yard line, based off of a NE turnover on the play, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a NE O TD (61 yards);

NE’s O-1st and 10 from Buff’s own 42 yard line, based off of a NE D FF & fumble recovery, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a NE O TD (41 yards);

NE’s O-1st and 10 from Buff’s own 12 yard line, based off of a 2nd DMC INT, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a NE TD (12 yards);  

NE’s O-1st and 10 from Buff’s own 48 yard line, based off of a late-game Buff on-side kick, ensuing NE drive resulting in a NE TD (48 yards);

NE’s O-1st & 10 from Buff’s own 19 yard line, based off of a T. Wilson INT of Buff’s O & return, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a SG NE Field Goal (6 yard drive);

31-21-Denver-

0 INTs from either team; NE’s O: 2 Fumbles (TB/SR) w/ 1 Lost (Ridley); Den’s O: 3 Fumbles w/ 3 Lost (Manning,McGahee,D.Thomas); Sacks-NE’s D: 2 Sacks for -13 yards and an additional 5 QB hits & Den’s D: 4 Sacks for -30 yards and an additional 5 QB hits;

Den’s O-1st & 10 from Den’s own 32 yard line, based off of long KR by Den’s KR man, ensuing Den O drive resulting in a 4th & 5 punt from NE’s own 39 yard line;

NE’s O-1st and 10 from NE’s own 2 yard line, based off the preceding long Den KR, then DEN O punt, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a NE FG on a 4th & 5 FG from the Denver 5 yard line (+1 by NE’s O=93 yards);

Den’s O-1st and 10 from the Den 32 yard line, short kick prior to the half, P.Manning kneel-down on 1st down;

Den’s O-1st and 10 from Den’s own 31 yard line, based off of a 4th and 10 Mesko punt from NE’s own 19 yard line (0 yard drive) on NE’s own 2nd half opening drive, ensuing Den O drive resulting in a Den 4th & 3 punt from Den’s own 49 yard line;

NE’s O-1st & 10 from Den’s own 14 yard line, based off of NE’s D FF (Nink) & recovery (Wilfork), ensuing NE drive resulting in a NE TD (14 yards);

NE’s O-1st & 10 from NE’s own 47 yard line, based off of a Den O TO on downs w/ NE’s D holding Manning to an incompletion on a 4th & 1 attempt, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a 4th & 5 Sack, Brady fumble, Solder recovery, but still TO on downs due to the NE 4th & 5 pass attempt;

Den’s O-1st & 10 at NE’s own 43 yard line, based off of NE’s O TO on 4th down, ensuing Den O drive resulting in a Den O TD (43 yards);

NE’s O-1st and 10 at NE’s own 43 yard line, based off of short kickoff by Denv after their TD, and Gronk falling on it, ensuing NE O drive resulting in a S.Ridley fumble & Den D recovery at Den’s own 32 yard line;

Den’s O-1st and 10 at Den’s own 32 yard line, based off of the preceding events outlined, ensuing Den O drive resulting in a NE D FF (Nink) & a NE D recovery (Cunningham);

~What NEEDS to be done~

Secondary Improvement?  Nuupe…not unless you’re an !d!ot who’s watched the NFL for the lesser portion during the whopping sum span of 2-5 years, or so during his life thus far.

THESE:

Defense:

PASS-RUSH

SPECIAL TEAMS Play…straight across the board, KR’s, Kick coverage, Punting Consistancy, and Successful Field Goal prowess;

Offense:

TURNOVERS by YOURSELVES and Drives of 0 yards, BOTH DEEP inside your OWN half of the field, Will KILL the successfulness of your now, rather formidable yet still young, (*cough-and always disregarded) 2012 New England Defensive Unit.

<btw, HOW ANY-one can even begin to regard Pats 2007 D as being- or even LOOKING better than this D thus far, is utterly beyond me- They were old & slow & soft to begin the season...and by the end?  They weren't quite as soft...but just MUCH older, and MUCH slower>

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Uggh- What is wrong w/ this forum?  I gotta go use MS word just so I don't lose yet another post...and apparently this doesn't even really work too well either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Babe reminisces over the '07 Pats, the way an embittered 90 year old waxes yarns about scaling 90 foot snow drifts for 35 miles each morn, to and fro the 1 room schoolhouse (which he also constructed singlehandedly during the summer of his 2nd-3rd grade childhood year)...while waning chastisements in heaps upon the "small-hearts" "weak-wills" of that unfortunate 8 year old great grandchild, bored to the point of scanning the room for blunt objects to do himself in with, because he can't take hearing even just 1 more homespun delusion of yesteryear that he's made listen to while being chained to grandpa's rocking chair.

Kid: "Tell me 'bout the '07 Pats...?"

Babe: "The morning before SB night, The '07 NE Patriots entire TEAM...scaled The Alps=No gear...they were in the very same gameday unis- they wore later on that night-Nothing else...save for cleats...because they went barefoot.  Not Brady though...nope: Brady was sent on a special mission in order to bare-hand catch 1 of Zeus's fiery Lightning Bolts atop Mt Olympis."

{^ I mean this in a nice way}

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Try Apple/C Apple/V

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Glen . . . we'll try using the control keys. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Thist thread looks pretty stupid now.

This defense is pretty horrid to allow Wilson to look like a pro bowl QB

Just because this defense is young does not mean they will necessarily improve. This D is pretty bad and this offense is unclutch when they have a one posession lead.