How does Brady keep his composure and not BLOW UP!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How does Brady keep his composure and not BLOW UP!!!

How does he do it?

He has had no continuity of weapons on offense.  Receivers are dropping catches like they were infected with something.  From just the first game of this season, the ONLY receivers on the field, I recall, were Edelman, Amendola and Hooman.  Imagine to see on the offense with you only ONE receiver you had in 2012?  What other teams do that to their star QB?

Secondly, he saw the D, again, give it up late!  He can do only so much to get the team back into the lead and needs the D to do their part.

We all saw his abbreviated post game press conference.  Yeah, he dropped the s**t word and then walked out.  I believe he knew he was about to lose it and he simply walked out.  He does not throw teammates under the bus as he used the "we" word all the time.

How does Brady keep his composure and not BLOW UP??!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: How does Brady keep his composure and not BLOW UP!!!

I think it is the culture of the team.  I also give Brady credit for contributing to the creation of that culture.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If I were Tom, at some point when I wasn't banging my wife, I'd storm into BB's GM office and tell the fool I want to be traded.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

How does he do it?

He has had no continuity of weapons on offense.  Receivers are dropping catches like they were infected with something.  From just the first game of this season, the ONLY receivers on the field, I recall, were Edelman, Amendola and Hooman.  Imagine to see on the offense with you only ONE receiver you had in 2012?  What other teams do that to their star QB?

Secondly, he saw the D, again, give it up late!  He can do only so much to get the team back into the lead and needs the D to do their part.

We all saw his abbreviated post game press conference.  Yeah, he dropped the s**t word and then walked out.  I believe he knew he was about to lose it and he simply walked out.  He does not throw teammates under the bus as he used the "we" word all the time.

He did blow up.

Not sure Gronk's injury and Hernandez's thuggery was something the team did to its star QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

If I were Tom, at some point when I wasn't banging my wife, I'd storm into BB's GM office and tell the fool I want to be traded.

Lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

How does he do it?

He did blow up.

Not sure Gronk's injury and Hernandez's thuggery was something the team did to its star QB.

Team had plenty of time to build up a supporting cast.  I do agree, you couldn't have predicted Herny's brain f*rt and Gronk going down for the season with the knee injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Lol LMAO. I was mad myself as a fan my face was red I thought I was getting a fever. Lol 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Lol

What would change? He still be second fiddle to Manning. How do you know the frustration isn't about the officiating. He was irate after the Carolina game.  Think that has dissipated? The 2010 Packers were decimated with injuries and still won it all. That's not a new thing in the NFL. Getting screwed out of 3 games now has to just gnaw ay him. He probably left the podium before he went off. They were 10-3 heading into that game, even with the injury riddled defense and rookie wideouts. When his recievers are getting arms held down and no calls I'm sure he's po'd. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

How does he do it?

He did blow up.

Team had plenty of time to build up a supporting cast.  I do agree, you couldn't have predicted Herny's brain f*rt and Gronk going down for the season with the knee injury.

It's unfortunate about the injuries to Dobson and Thompkins as well. Tough to find a rhythm this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

That's why Brady is the best there ever was, no matter what happens he still has ice water in his veins! I definitely have hated to see Brady lose guys like Branch,  Givens, Moss, and Welker, but we had plenty of chances to win with continuity at the position and we couldn't get it done.

I don't think Brady needs multiple great receiving threats across the board, look at how well we were doing with a healthy Gronk, KT, Dobson and Vareen with Edelman, and Amendola. He makes the player more often then not, but I agree he has to be bothered by the fact his defense has killed him for a while now.

BB has not been able to get the D to play consistent for many years. For whatever reason you choose to believe it is what it is. Now the defensive woes have certainly not been the only post season problem as the 13, 17, and 14 pts we have scored in our last afc championship game and 2 SB's  have shown us, but the D , melts down in the clutch almost consistently.

IMO coaching cannot be let off the hook here. BB's conservative defensive game plans may not be fit for the current offense driven NFL. I'm not sure what Matt Patricia actually does on this team as I see BB coaching the defense almost every game. I wish we had brought RAC back as I think BB had a trust level with him that he does not come close to having with his current assistant coach. 

Obviously this defense looked to be one of the best in football until we lost our 2 captains. Let's not forget that the last 2 years this defense had turned a corner and were coming together well imo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

It is a miracle they are still standing after so many starters going down, permanently or for long stretches of the season. Credit the depth build by BB but also credit the backups and the rookies for "embrassing the opportunity".

With that said, while they still have Brady, they have lost major players on all positions, OL (Vollmer), skill players (Gronk, Vereen for something like 10 weeks, Amendola, Dobson, KT), DL (Wilfork, Kelly), LB (Mayo), DB (A. Wilson. I know, I know, we don't know what his projected role was, but hopes were up. Talib out for some time, Dennard also).

I have faith in the players and coaches getting the job done, but of course it's a uphill climb. With no, or a lot fewer injuries, they would have been a juggernaught, now it's a competitive situation.

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings. No team in the AFC is unbeatable, they all have weaknesses. What the Patriots have is the best coach and the best QB. And even with the injuries they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, and some players returning from injury in the next couple of weeks. Not saying it's a sure thing, but they CAN get it done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

"How does Brady keep his composure and not BLOW UP??!!"

Good parenting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

It is a miracle they are still standing after so many starters going down, permanently or for long stretches of the season. Credit the depth build by BB but also credit the backups and the rookies for "embrassing the opportunity".

With that said, while they still have Brady, they have lost major players on all positions, OL (Vollmer), skill players (Gronk, Vereen for something like 10 weeks, Amendola, Dobson, KT), DL (Wilfork, Kelly), LB (Mayo), DB (A. Wilson. I know, I know, we don't know what his projected role was, but hopes were up. Talib out for some time, Dennard also).

I have faith in the players and coaches getting the job done, but of course it's a uphill climb. With no, or a lot fewer injuries, they would have been a juggernaught, now it's a competitive situation.

It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings. No team in the AFC is unbeatable, they all have weaknesses. What the Patriots have is the best coach and the best QB. And even with the injuries they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, and some players returning from injury in the next couple of weeks. Not saying it's a sure thing, but they CAN get it done.

Or until they say it's over.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=clip+of+john+belushi+in+animal+house+was+it+over+when+the+germans+bombed+pearl+harbor&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IE8SRC

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Brady has plenty of weopons....but most of them are hurt right now, or in jail. Staying healthy is a huge part of winning a superbowl. No reason for Brady to get pissed off over injuries....can't be helped.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

That's why Brady is the best there ever was, no matter what happens he still has ice water in his veins! I definitely have hated to see Brady lose guys like Branch,  Givens, Moss, and Welker, but we had plenty of chances to win with continuity at the position and we couldn't get it done.

I don't think Brady needs multiple great receiving threats across the board, look at how well we were doing with a healthy Gronk, KT, Dobson and Vareen with Edelman, and Amendola. He makes the player more often then not, but I agree he has to be bothered by the fact his defense has killed him for a while now.

BB has not been able to get the D to play consistent for many years. For whatever reason you choose to believe it is what it is. Now the defensive woes have certainly not been the only post season problem as the 13, 17, and 14 pts we have scored in our last afc championship game and 2 SB's  have shown us, but the D , melts down in the clutch almost consistently.

IMO coaching cannot be let off the hook here. BB's conservative defensive game plans may not be fit for the current offense driven NFL. I'm not sure what Matt Patricia actually does on this team as I see BB coaching the defense almost every game. I wish we had brought RAC back as I think BB had a trust level with him that he does not come close to having with his current assistant coach. 

Obviously this defense looked to be one of the best in football until we lost our 2 captains. Let's not forget that the last 2 years this defense had turned a corner and were coming together well imo.

"Let's not forget that the last 2 years this defense had turned a corner". Really! It was 31st in pass defense last year with most everyone healthy. I'd liken that more to falling off the table into the garbage pail.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Traded to one of the teams more successful and better run than the Patriots?  That would be?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Brady is the one accepting a shotgun from the 1 yard line.   It's disturbing. He did it in Pitt in 2011 and in Washington 2011 as well and it's just mindnumblingly stupid.

If you can't get the TD there on the ground or via playaction on 2 chances, you have them pinned deep.

Ugh.

It's more dificult to throw for a TD in such a tight window like that than it is to run it.

Sounds like the greatest coach of all-time is asleep at the wheel if this is the problem and he lets it happen again and again.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbh. Show vbh's posts

Tom Brady did us big favor by remaining in New England. Otherwise, he would have gone to a team with good defense after 2005 and won many more superbowls, instead of relying on BB's ego and Kraft's unwillingness to spend money.

Sections
Shortcuts