How Funny Is It?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

How Funny Is It?

That BB just drove the price up for Landry on the Jets?

LOL!!

Landry didn't choose NY to win a ring, we know that.  Hilarious.  The Jets just continue to make the wrong choices.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: How Funny Is It?

But conversely if we would have signed Landry, would you be saying that we beat the Jests yet again? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Indeed....the Pats moves continue to build quality depth/competition in areas of true need.  The Jets.....not so much.  It IS fun to watch the Patriots at work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I bet BB b* slapped Bedard after hearing Bedard say that Landry had a poor physical with the Pats this morning. I can see what the convo would be like:

Bedard - Owwww Bill, why did you do that?
    BB - Greg you idiot, I want the Jets to think we are still interested. By then they will sign him without checking over his medicals first. Just keep your big mouth shut

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: How Funny Is It?:
    But conversely if we would have signed Landry, would you be saying that we beat the Jests yet again? 
    Posted by theshinez

You can't really blame him for that. It was all about getting to him first and BB did. The draft is looking like it could be all D the only remaining positions i can think of on O are C and maybe FB 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Never felt good about his achilles heel problem but since Rex is an expert on feet I assume he checked out fine. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ROFL it's for a $4mil deal.  Wow I called that one

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Posted by theshinez

I don't really think too many people were high on Landry on this board.  I think he was a talking point because he was a high profile safety that fans assumed the Pats should chase.  Admittedly, he likely would have been an upgrade over the current Safety crop on the Pats, but that achilles injury was a big red flag.  With all the moves they've made since Landry visited, my feeling is, if they wanted him that badly, they could have signed him.  If safety and DL isn't addressed through the draft, then yes, there may be some regret.  I think Pats address the safety need with maybe even 2 picks in this years draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Let's get a pool started on the odds that Landry tears his achilles trying to tackle Gronk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Never felt good about his achilles heel problem but since Rex is an expert on feet I assume he checked out fine. 
    Posted by TFB12

LOL. Yes, I'm sure Rex has some "special" therapy already lined up for him.  GAG!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

What does this mean for Leonard?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

I heard that he was not going to be ready for the beginning of the season.  I always liked him.  With our needs at safety I think we should look into him for later in the season.  He's a solid returner too.
    Posted by Bustchise

I agree. He's supposed to be one of Rex's boys. That would be hilarious if we got him away from the jets

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Posted by theshinez

No. I wouldn't.  I would have said what I've said since I heard they were looking at him. Onde they choe Gregory, it seemed unlikely

Landry took the most money and it's hilarous  it's the Jets with their cap space issues.

The concerns with Landry's roid situation is very real. Durability was a huge question.  When you think about it, if he takes a 1 year deal here, he has a BETTER chance to get that long term deal he wants v.s. trying to accomplish that with the Jets.

The Jets are a mess and could very well finish behind Miami in the division.

Landry comes across as selfish and entitled. Who would want to play in that mess?  All BB did was kick the tires and drive the price up for our neighbors to the south.  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

ROFL it's for a $4mil deal.  Wow I called that one
    Posted by PatsEng

Leave it to the Jets to continue to make the 100% wrong decision at every turn.

I also love how Tannenbaum/Ryan know that if they didn't back Sanchez it would look like their previous sales pitches in public would be all crap, which we know it is anyway. So, what do they do? Extend Sanchez to the horror of any normal and somewhat educated Jets fans, only to create cap space to overpay an injury riddled Laron Landry?

You just cannot make this up. You can't!

Tears!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Lol 4 million? Reminds me of when they overpaid Neil O'Donnel only to see him get injured in warmups before the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Sometimes an apple is just an apple.  The Jets, although, were light years ahead of us on the defensive backfield in 2011, have a serious need at safety considering the way TEs dominated them.  Although it is well documented that Bill Belichick got his super secret espionage training during his years with the KGB, I would guess that it was Nelson's signing with the Benglas that impacted the overall safety market along with slim pickings to begin with.  There are a lot of executives in football and most think they know what they are doing, so to think that Bill's known frugality increased the market price of a player is kind of dumb.   That being said, I think it was a questionable signing at any price due to his history of injury.   
    Posted by Bustchise

"light years" ahead of what? Overpaying their entire secondary and wasting draft picks on 1st rd nickel corners??!

LOL city!

Now we KNOW you're really a Jets fan masquerading as a Pats fan here to prop up your Jets at every turn.  Cromartie makes 8 million per year. Wilson is nickelback that you wasted a 1st rd pick on.  Revis makes 20+ million per year!

Revis, the leader of those primadonna DBs is going to hold out.   He has the organization by the balls. So does Sanchez now.  How would any Jets fan be happy with that secondary? It was supposed to be fantastic and it wasn't.

Eric Smith blows, Brodney Pool who also blows left for Dallas. Gee, what a greart signing that was 2 years ago. Christ, Ihedibog was better here than Pool was in NY.

NEWSFLASH:  NE was rebuilding into 2011.  The NYJs were selling out to try to win it all in 2010 and 2011.

I'll take my situation now as a Pats fan 1 million percent over the Jets. Not even close. 

McCOurty will bounce back after a full camp, Sterling Moore impressed, Molden can fit in somewhere, NE will possibly go Safety in the draft, and they now have some system continuity for once. It's taken a while, but it's there.  I'd take Arrington over Cromartie, by the way.  He's a better tackler and far more consistent. 

You morons had it for 3 years in a row and did nothing with it!

Last place in the AFC East, "Bustchise". You got the nickname right, you just don't need to continue defending the Jets posing as a Pats fan.

Gregory is Jim Leonhard.  We don't need a one legged Leonhard here now, thanks very much.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Lloyd took a discount to come here. Hello?  He does have WR disease, but not anymore. He's gone if he pulls any of that here and he knows it.

Haynesworth was TRADED here, as was Ochocinco, at reduced prices. Ochocinco, who is not selfish at all took a 50% cut to come here. That tells me something.

Haynesworth is Haynesworth and his career is now over. That's his choice, but a 1.5 million gamble ansd a 5th rd pick is a wise risk. He didn't fit, see ya. 

Personally, I love my GM named Bill Belichick who turns over every stone possible, as long as it makes sense.

NE's 1st choice wasn't Laron Landry. They signed Gregory.  If you don't think BB's partial interesnt in Landry was not to kick up the Jets price, you're a moron.

Enjoy Tannenbum, Jets fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'll say it again, if Landry was healthy and was a fit he never would have got to Logan without a contract. 

We're all praising these moves now, but BB is just trying to get as much talent at the lowest cost possible to create competition and fill in the gaps.  Some of these guys won't be here come regular season and some will be great fits. But I'd take Lloyd and Fanene at cheap dollars on relatively short contracts than some of those other crazy WR/DE deals.  

Add in a few rookies and UDFAs, some 2nd-3rd year players who finally get it and some other quality veteran depth and this team is good to go.     

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Absolutely.  If Landry was impressive or wasn't looking for 4 million, he'd be a depth/camp move here to compete with Gregory and maybe a 1st rd pick. 

But, BB Isn't going to give out 4 million and guarantee he even makes the team or has a spot.

Landry wanted the most money and to start.  That proves he's not Patriots material.

BB is putting on an absolute clinic right now and it's tied to the fact they locked down all their big guns before the lockout, added draft picks to leverage their FA moves by trading back every year into the lockout, and now they can basically scan the market and get the players on their terms.

Genius.

No other elite franchise is in this position.

Where are Mt. Hurl and Babe Parilli? LMAO

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: How Funny Is It? : I can't be bothered reading your post, but I a quick skim tells me that you think that our bottom of the league pass D was actually better than the Jets pass D.  It wasn't.  You think that Mccourty's awful 2nd year is irrelevant because he had a good first year.  You think that Wison's good 2nd year is irrelevant because he had a poor first year and you think that anyone that Bill decides to put at safety or DB are great players because Bill decides to put them there.  I see something about rebuilding... when you cut your top draft picks from a few years prior, that's called cutting bait, not rebuilding.  When you sign the likes of Ocho, Ellis & Haynesworth, that is called all in, not rebuilding.  Are we straight, doofus?
    Posted by Bustchise

No, we're not straight.  The Jets D went to crap when Leonhard went down. He's the guy who runs the show because it's Ryan's D from Baltimore.  Just because NY was using a veteran based defense, it doesn't mean it was great or built correctly.

Ocho, haynesworth and ellis were meant to be small, complementary pieces who fit in here. They didn't, but the cost was so cheap and the team is managed so well from the front office, those moves were there to be had. You're not going to hit homruns on every single move, so it's important to spread the pot across the roster.

Your team just sits there like morons with no leverage and then makes the most comical mistakes.

In fact, if your D was better last year, your team would have been in the SB (or in 2010) instead of laying eggs on national tv as the entire football world laughs at you for thinking it was built correctly.

SO far, the Jets desperate signings have included a 33 year old Pouha, due to fears of legendary 3rd rd pick Kenrick Ellis and what Wilkerson might look like playing next to Ellis. Also, a sizzling signing of some Raiders cast off at WR for your moron QB ot throw to.  But, wait! There's more! 

How about Laron Landry at 4 million per year to try to replace Jim Leonhard? Great moves!  All the way in 2012!

On the flip side, NE was quickly trying to rebuild, but also do it with younger players which is incredibly difficult to do.  BB doesn't run some senior NCAA version of a system here. It's a very complex, demanding system, both on offense and defense. It's not just plug and play like the Jets, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, SD. We don't run a 3-4 like them and we're trying to build towards something that lasts vs always needing to weaken other parts of the team by signing system vets all the time.

How many SBs have SD, Balt, the Jets, etc, been to?

Translation? The degree of difficulty by building with almost all youth on D is more prevalent than if he spent money like the JEts did.  The Jets went the veteran route, NE went the youth route. 

The Jets D SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER than the Pats, and the funny thing is, it barely was better and it wasn't really better heading into the playoffs.  NE had a rash of injuries and then rallied to play good D in the postseason.

And moving forward?  NE will be fielding an improving D year after year to the point, you're little Jets team won't know what on earth hit them starting in 2012.  Mark Sanchez's head will be found on the 38 yard line.

Now, we're straight, dribblelips.

Sections
Shortcuts