How Good is Tom Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: How Good is Tom Brady?

Best Ever. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I know I'll sound biased as a Patriots fan but Tom Brady is the best QB I have ever seen in my lifetime.  Even better than Joe Montana and Dan Marino.  We are lucky to have him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Answer = Hall of Famer.  One of the best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: How Good is Tom Brady?:
    [QUOTE]I know I'll sound biased as a Patriots fan but Tom Brady is the best QB I have ever seen in my lifetime.  Even better than Joe Montana and Dan Marino.  We are lucky to have him.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]
    Joe Montana will be hard to argue over, but Marino is no where close to Brady's overall ability as a QB. The best part of Brady is he already knew how good he was going to be, BB and the Pats received a once in a lifetime player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

He is the best in the game for the past 10 years, top 3 alltime IMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Best Ever. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    C'mon, dont be a homer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumbo. Show jumbo's posts

Long-time reader, first-time poster. Love the material here; remarkably knoweldgeable fans.  TB12 is undoubtedly one of the best.   But the stat quoted at ESPN is very misleading.   The relevant statistic is derived from the distribution of maximum streaks over, say, a typical QB's career, and is difficult to solve for analytically.   Assuming a QB plays for 15 seasons and attempts 25 passes per game, there is about a 1% chance of a streak of 319 (or more) interception-free attempts in a career.  In other words, assuming all QBs are created equal and play for 15 years and the probability of an int is universally 0.029, then about 1% of QBs would experience a streak of 317+, simply through dumb luck.  The fact that such streaks appear, in fact, to be rarer suggests that the 2.9% int rate is too low, or that 15 seasons and 25 passes/gm is actually a large number of throws for Joe QB (surely true; only the best survive).

In any case, the ESPN analysis grossly exaggerates the significance of Brady's streak, from a purely statistical point of view.   It's probably right at the edge of what might be expected from chance, given the number of NFL QBs that have played.  Of course, we all know statistics are only so useful, and obviously there is a lot more than luck involved here.  A record's a record, and it's not like Sanchez set it, after all...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Good isn't the true way to describe. How about Outstanding or Great

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Long-time reader, first-time poster. Love the material here; remarkably knoweldgeable fans.  TB12 is undoubtedly one of the best.   But the stat quoted at ESPN is very misleading.   The relevant statistic is derived from the distribution of maximum streaks over, say, a typical QB's career, and is difficult to solve for analytically.   Assuming a QB plays for 15 seasons and attempts 25 passes per game, there is about a 1% chance of a streak of 319 (or more) interception-free attempts in a career.  In other words, assuming all QBs are created equal and play for 15 years and the probability of an int is universally 0.029, then about 1% of QBs would experience a streak of 317+, simply through dumb luck.  The fact that such streaks appear, in fact, to be rarer suggests that the 2.9% int rate is too low, or that 15 seasons and 25 passes/gm is actually a large number of throws for Joe QB (surely true; only the best survive).

In any case, the ESPN analysis grossly exaggerates the significance of Brady's streak, from a purely statistical point of view.   It's probably right at the edge of what might be expected from chance, given the number of NFL QBs that have played.  Of course, we all know statistics are only so useful, and obviously there is a lot more than luck involved here.  A record's a record, and it's not like Sanchez set it, after all...

Oh man you bring fact and truth to this forum. I don't think your going to be allowed in here....  just sayin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Currently, Tom and Montana stand equal. However, a few more Super Bowl rings would convince all but the Patriot haters who is the best ever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Currently, Tom and Montana stand equal. However, a few more Super Bowl rings would convince all but the Patriot haters who is the best ever.
    Posted by rainbowroosie[/QUOTE]
    No they arent. Montana is the best to ever play the game. When Brady retires, the debate will become closer, but right now, Brady is not as good as Montana was

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

brady didnt' have the talent around him montana had.  young looked good using that same talent.  therefor brady better

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Good is Tom Brady? : That's right, Brady isn't as good as Montana, he's better.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Homer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]We deserve Brady after all the bad QB's we suffered through, including the statue that made Mo Lewis famous.

That statue got us to a superbowl don't forget.  We were lucky to have Drew to an extent, and were praised to have and still watch Brady for a solid 4 more years. When I say solid 4, I also factor in the fact that he may not have to play this insane in the future with the talent BB is bringing in around him.  If he wants to play till 40 then we are a contender for the next 7 years possible...that's just shocking to even think of.  Brady only struggled last year really because of his knee mainly, while you look at Indy having struggles and Manning really losing games for trying to do too much (regardless of their injury bugs, because of their defense).  I do not believe Brady will ever have a slump like what Manning just went through.  That's why we should excited about now and the future.  Of course Brady will be compared to montana with the superbowl rings, but a few more solid seasons should cement best QB ever.  It's all about winning and Brady is a winner and some stats will keep coming.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Good is Tom Brady? : No, Curtis Martin and the D got them to the Super Bowl. Martin had like 166 yards rushing and 3 TD in the game against Pittsburgh and Otis Smith got a defensive TD to seal the AFC title against Jacksonville. The statue didn't do much in the playoffs that year.

Right, exactly.  He did his job and didn't lose us games either with the formula we had.  Also I think he 4000 passing yards that year if i am not mistaken... I'm with you man.  My point is there was not many great QB's during that time and Drew was considered one of the best.  It could have been much much worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Good is Tom Brady? : You expert different on the Boston Globe site?
    Good point

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

there should be a separate hall of fame just dedicated to brady and perhaps jerry rice and LT. just seems a bit demeaning to his legacy to put him in with the michael irvings, montanas, bradshaws and even peyton manning! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]We deserve Brady after all the bad QB's we suffered through, including the statue that made Mo Lewis famous.

After 'All' the bad QB's? Really? OK - Plunkett did crrapp when with the Pats, but Grogan did well coming out of college and if not for him in '85 the Pats do not make it to the playoffs for Eason to screw it up and choke.

Since Grogan there was a bit of a merry-go-round, but Bledsloe helped bring the franchise out its worst period ever. Combine that with the Tuna and Mr. Kraft taking over the team and you had the second chance for the Pats to go to a SB!

Kraft bringing in BB set up what we have today. So enjoy it!

So 'all' the bad QB's maybe over a period in the late 80's and early 90's, but as a long time Pats fan, think you should know a bit better.