How is dolphins stadium to watch a game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

How is dolphins stadium to watch a game

I am planning a trip to see the patriots play the dolphins this season down in miami I was wondering how the stadium is to watch a game and any other tips that would be helpful. If anyone has gone down to miami to see a game please let me know any tips to have a good time? thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: How is dolphins stadium to watch a game

[QUOTE]I am planning a trip to see the patriots play the dolphins this season down in miami I was wondering how the stadium is to watch a game and any other tips that would be helpful. If anyone has gone down to miami to see a game please let me know any tips to have a good time? thanks
    Posted by green0534[/QUOTE]

I attended the PATS game in Miami in 2007.  I remember walking about stadium before the game and marvelling at the elaborate and sometimes bizarre nature of the tail gate parties.

The stadium is very nice and orange and turquoise colors are vivid.  Concessions stands are readily accessible below the stands and there is ample sit down space in the common areas.

Lines to mens' rooms were not too bad but the lines at ladies' rooms seemed quite lengthy.  The floor in one mens' room was a bit flooded from one over stuffed toilet.

Dolphin fans seemed enthusiastic without being offensive to opponents fans.  I was treated very nicely.  Of course the Dolphin's team was in the pits, so the fans didn't have much trash talk.  It might be different today.  Fans included many families and I didn't see many 'hooligans'.

But the biggest thing that I remember was the beat down that the PATS put on the Dolphins.  This was the game where Cassell was put in for one play, threw a touchdown pass to Jason Taylor, and was immediately replaced by Brady.  I sat in the first section on the 45 yard line behind the PATS bench. 

Oh yeah, one more thing, the heat is brutal.  The blazing Florida sun beating down on the playing field and the open stands causes a lot of dehydration for players and fans alike. 

Hope this helps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

yea with the heat down there you might not want to get to drunk lol its really hot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

The game in scheduled for 8:20pm  it's a sunday night game and I was able to get tickets behind the patriots bench.  This is the game where the patriots and dolphins have to wear the throwback jerseys.  Where is a good place to park and how are the prices for food/beer ????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jensenjohn. Show jensenjohn's posts

I am a transplanted guy from RI, and have gone to see a few Pats games in Miami. It is unbearably hot on the visitors side of the field, and the Miami fans are about as bad as Jets fans. Lots of drunks, fights. You can see the field well from any area of the stadium as long as you are not blinded by sweat or the scorching sun. It is actually better to watch a game there in the rain. You couldn't pay me to go to another game thin Miami (last one I attended was in 2001, when the Pats and a new guy named Brady got trampled in the heat)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]The game in scheduled for 8:20pm  it's a sunday night game and I was able to get tickets behind the patriots bench.  This is the game where the patriots and dolphins have to wear the throwback jerseys.  Where is a good place to park and how are the prices for food/beer ????
    Posted by green0534[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind walking a bit, Parking at Calder race track is cheaper and much easier to get out at the end of the game.  When the game is sold out(which it should be this year). getting out can be a real pain if you park inside the stadium.  you can watch the game at in any seat and get a pretty good view.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

It suxs for football, but unbelievable as it might sound, is pretty good for baseball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

green.  I am also attending that game.  i will be in section 111 on the patriots side.  I am looking forward to that game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The game I went to,there was a torrential downpour. About 5000 empty for the playoffs. upper tank at the 20, decent view I recall.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

Yea, I'd say go about midway through the 2nd quarter... by then all the Fish fans will be headed for the exits and you could sit anyplace in the stadium that you want.  :D

But really, I've seen 2 games there, the heat is brutal as was stated above... drink lots of water and dress light, sunscreen if you are light skinned.  My experience was that the fans are meek, as you would expect, so feel free to wear your colors and scream in support of the Pats, there are the usual drunken sots but none of those House of Pain rejects are going to do anything.  You will see a lot of Pats fans at the stadium, the game I went to I'm guessing it was about 30-35% Pats fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Grogan, have you ever gone to Gillette??  To say it's tough getting out of Dolphin stadium after a game is laughable.  I've been to several games there, park at the stadium lots, and can get on the FL Turnpike within minutes after the game.  If you show up 2 - 3 hrs before the game, there's barely any traffic yet.

On the other hand, Gillette is probably the worst access for any pro stadium I've ever been to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Dustcover...My wife & I were at that game & sitting in that area too! Awesome view of the field, the team & especially the Dolphin Cheerleaders!!!  It was hot, but having lived in AZ, it was all par for the course.  That year, there was more Pats fans than Dolphins, but that will probably be different now.  We had no issue with getting out of the parking lot too much and we were staying at the Hard Rock Hollywood, FL so we didn't have far to go either.  Was pretty cool seeing Jason Taylor & his family at the restraunt there that night.  Was aslo the game that his ex brother-in-law, Zack Thomas, also got rear-ended on his drive home after that game...the injury from that accident has effected his NFL carreer since then.

I guess I might have to look into getting tickets for this years game!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You can also park on the way in at one of the local residences, people who live in houses around there let you park on their lawn for a couple bucks.  Luckily you're going to a night game, the reason the Marlins don't sell tickets is for that very reason, sitting in the sun and humidity is brutal, if they ever build a stadium with a roof people may go.

If you are in town for more than a night the question is where to party..?