How Is Kyle Arrington Doing Lately

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: How Is Kyle Arrington Doing Lately

In Response to Re: How Is Kyle Arrington Doing Lately:
    Wilfork an A- ?   He's at least an A, probably an A+ He's having the best season of any player on a 7-2 team He has not missed a single shift Is the best NT in the league this season Playing DT when needed Is unblockable Is a beast against the run
    Posted by jimijazz

Everyone's grade in the front seven took a hit because of the game against the Browns. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Listen I agree out of all the "Baby Backs" Chung is a A.  He is playing very well and can tackle and hit.  McCourty is playing well at corner for a rookie and Brandon is Brandon.  Kyle, the jury is still out.  Cheers!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: How Is Kyle Arrington Doing Lately:
    In Response to Re: How Is Kyle Arrington Doing Lately : Everyone's grade in the front seven took a hit because of the game against the Browns. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I think your being a little harsh.. You have Chung at B-. Thats almost a C you know. Now I know you saw the Browns game, um Chung didn't play in that game which to me shows how physical he is and what kind of tone he sets while playing. What kind of growing up does he have to do? His coverage is OK for a strong safety, his a great tackler, hes aggressive, he hits, he covers ground, hes GREAT on ST. But just because hes a second year player hes going to get a B-. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Better then Butler.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You are right. The Pats D does rank statistically low in almost every category, but we keep winning game. I think some of those stats came at the end of games, when you could visibly see the Pats D playing prevent and/or taking their foot off the gas. Anyhow, the stats are what they are. This D is playing well overall I think, and somehow that gets lost in the numbers.  

Shaliza brought up an interesting point on Butler...not sure if it was discussed here. She said Butler's strength is in man coverage, not zone. The Pats play more zone than man, reason why Butler is not playing. I don't get it...if this is indeed true, then why draft him in the first place? I would think if the guy is athletic enough to be good in man coverage, that he can be taught to play zone fairly quickly...Am I wrong? Man to zone I think works, but not necessarily zone to man...Anyhow, would like to hear what you guys think on this one...

BTW...Russ, please don't compare Arrington to Hobbs...For that matter, please don't mention "15 yard cushion Hobbs" on this board any more. That guy made me sick the way he played corner...I think Arrington is better, plays the pass and run better than him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That's precisely my point Russ. Stats don't tell the whole story. Stats would lead us to believe the Pats D was terrible, but if you watch games, you can clearly tell that they play better than their stats, and have done so in key situations this year. 

Have to disagree with the 2001 team. The 2001 team had a nice mix of seasoned vets to go along with the younger talent and a great LB corps. Bruschi, McGinest, Johnson, Vrabel, Cox, Phifer, etc. as LB's...Milloy, Jones, Law,etc. in the secondary....Seymour, Hamilton, etc. on the line...Hardly a group of no names..perhaps not as prominent in naming as they were after 2001, but a good solid group. I only wish we had the 2001 LB corps on this team...that was a stacked group.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

What say you?  I want to see some more of Darius Butler!  He looked good last year and had some INT's.  I agree, he seemed to lose confidence and regress this year - but all-American at UConn, BB was at UConn workout to personnally see this kid, and most of the NFL scouts/combine/ESPN folks had him a sure value 1-2 round choice.  Let's let him on the field again - start against the Lions I say - how about y'all?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

i would love to see a high 2nd round pick contribute in a meaningful way, but the fact is Arrington is playing better than Butler now. So, got to go with Arrington at the position. Against the Colts however, we may need Butler on occasion. I'm all about giving him 2nd and 3rd chances. Perhaps against the Colts D is the time to insert him in nickle/dime a bit more. 

Sections
Shortcuts