How long are the Patriots going to start the dancer????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: How long are the Patriots going to start the dancer????

Lol for once it actually wasnt his fault today with the Bucs. The line played like total crud for the entire game against a run D that is second to last.

Sorry but the line especially Mankins,Koppen,Kaczur, and Seabass in the second half played like garbage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I was disappointed by our overall run game. Seemed like lots of plays Tampa had defensive of players in our backfield by the time Laura or Law Firm got the ball. Other plays, especially LM not only dancing but lack of vision. He needs to see the whole field better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hswiseman. Show hswiseman's posts

LM actually ran well after contact if you actually watched the game, often dragging defenders for 2-3yds when there was nothing there. I think LM needs to line up deeper in the backfield and have a split second more patience before picking his lane. Obviously he does not have great run vision, but he also has a line that has the protection of the franchise as its first second and third priorities. In a scheme like the old Denver rushing machine, he'd probably be good for 1200.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnpatfan. Show tnpatfan's posts

In Response to Re: How long are the Patriots going to start the dancer????:
    Lol for once it actually wasnt his fault today with the Bucs. The line played like total crud for the entire game against a run D that is second to last. Sorry but the line especially Mankins,Koppen,Kaczur, and Seabass in the second half played like garbage.
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I agree This O-line cannot run block and today they had way to many penalties put the blame where it belongs. When LM breaks through the line he most always produces good yardage and is hard to bring down

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

LM must not have signed this guys autograph request. Probably the same idiot that posts every single week following the game.

Even last week some idiot started a post about this same topic. 

LM seemed to run hard to me even on many of those 2 yard gainers they were hard fought because he was getting hit in the backfield.

How many times was Mankins offside today? 5?

I'll say it again as I always do. THANK GOD our Pats fans don't make the personnel decisions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

THere's no one else on this team now! Faulk isn't a "every down" back , Morris is hurt, BJGE isn't better than LM. Truth is, the O-line was horrible in the run blocking aspect of the game today. LM put his dancing shoes on when he ran into trouble getting into the hole. When a defender blocked his progress to the hole. This team needs Taylor to get healthy fast! At least he can make the O-Line look OK even when they struggle! Truth is, it simply is what it is at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to How long are the Patriots going to start the dancer????:
    Again , I know its only the first half but it is clearly visible that the dancer is at it again !!  Lydia Maroney will be more at home with "dancing with the stars" than in the Patriots backfield !!! It is really starting to effect the offence ....Brady is starting to throw to Randy Moss who is triple covered in the end zone rather than hand off to the dancer in the red zone !!! The offense is becoming too predictable ....The comparison ratio run  to pass is far too unbalanced......All this against a team that hasn't won a game @!!!! We should start Green Ellis and tell Maroney to sit, sit, sit, and then at the end of the ye ar go, go, go, @ !!! We wasted enough time on a first round draft choice that is not going to work out no matter what Mike Shanahan said about him !!! Right now we are passing far too many times when we have the ball ....the defenses are teeing off on us..!!!!
    Posted by flip781

BJGE had 7 carries for 6 yards today. I like the guy, but he's not starter material. Until we have a back who is consistently better, Maroney will start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: How long are the Patriots going to start the dancer????:
    In Response to How long are the Patriots going to start the dancer???? : Where were you last week, MORON?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966
        WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE PAST 3 YEARS BIP-SHIT ????? YOU EITHER BETTER ORDER A SEEING EYE DOG THAT SPEAKS THE SAME LANGUAGE AS YOU ......OR GO BACK TO KINDERGARTEN AND TELL YOUR TEACHER YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM UNDERSTANDING WHAT YOU'RE SEEING !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

I dont blame our running backs.  I think they dont get enough carries to get into a flow.  Plus I dont thing our O-Line are good run blockers.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

THE BUCS D-LINE SWALLOWED OUR O-LINE ON RUN PLAYS.  MARONEY WASNT DANCING... HE JUST HAD NOWHERE TO GO.  on the two runs prior to his 1 yd TD run he ran for 15 yards.  when he had a hole to run through he did a good job, however he had a limited amount of holes to run through.  there were times when he was met head on by the d-line and he still picked up a tough 3 yards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

I thought Maroney did what was asked of him today. Do I think his Pasa Doble whould smoke Michael Irvin's. Yes I do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Maroney is actually a pretty good blocking running back. One of the better ones I have seen. I think that is why he stays.

As far as hitting the hole - yeah, Maroney isnt a league leader at this. But the more we watch, the more we all need to realize that the Pats O-Line is not a great line for running backs. Their strength is pass protection and screens. Many times I have seen Maroney handed the ball with multiple defenders around him and nowhere to go.

The problem here is offensive run and running back coaching. Perhaps a slight personel change would help. Make no mistake, Maroney is never going to be viewed as a successful #1 pick, but I do think he works hard and does fair given what he has to work with. On a team like Pittsburgh, Maroney would be racking up a more yards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Maroney gets no love! Personally, I like the guy and think he's a good (not great) back.

He wasn't bad today. Like others had said, he had absolutely nowhere to go. The second he got the ball he was met by the Bucs D-line and LBs, but he still fought for a couple tough yards. He ran well last week as well. Also, everytime he's been able to play in the playoffs he played extremely well. The guy has been hurt a lot to start his career, and being a RB it probably got in his head a little. I think he's fine and will get better as the season goes on.

Sections
Shortcuts