How long can the Jets give Sanchez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

How long can the Jets give Sanchez?

Absolutely no evidence this kid has improved since his rookie year. This defense cant be great forever (in fact it may already be over for them), and this kid is costing them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Re: How long can the Jets give Sanchez?

sanchez is dirty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

In Response to How long can the Jets give Sanchez?:
    [QUOTE]Absolutely no evidence this kid has improved since his rookie year. This defense cant be great forever (in fact it may already be over for them), and this kid is costing them.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

You spoke a little to soon.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to How long can the Jets give Sanchez?:
    [QUOTE]Absolutely no evidence this kid has improved since his rookie year. This defense cant be great forever (in fact it may already be over for them), and this kid is costing them.
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]
    I guess as long as they want. He's making better and more accurate throws since his rookie year. 335 yards tonight. Not too shabby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

They won the game, as long as that happens frequently no team is going to bench their qb...he was poor for 3 quarters, quite good in the 4th.  But the Cowgirls can't get out of their own way, they sprint towards defeat as if magentically pulled

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

VS 4th & 5th CB's... one of whom wasnt even a real corner... He was not good... Romo choked it worse though..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I don't know, I'm feeling weird because it seems like everyone is saying Sanchez is horrible and I think he's an okay QB for them. Yeah, there are the basic negatives: he makes some poor decisions and you would like to see the completion percentage up. However, he's athletic; his throwing does look to have improved from his rookie season; he keeps his composure well late in games and in the playoffs; and he usually performs well enough to keep his team in position to win.

I see the negatives and I don't think he is one of the top QBs in the league, but I also see worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: How long can the Jets give Sanchez?:
    [QUOTE]I don't know, I'm feeling weird because it seems like everyone is saying Sanchez is horrible and I think he's an okay QB for them. Yeah, there are the basic negatives: he makes some poor decisions and you would like to see the completion percentage up. However, he's athletic; his throwing does look to have improved from his rookie season; he keeps his composure well late in games and in the playoffs; and he usually performs well enough to keep his team in position to win. I see the negatives and I don't think he is one of the top QBs in the league, but I also see worse.
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There is no reason to bash him. He is improving and the Jets won the game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]Improving?  The guy had little to now run game and we saw what happened when that happens. Dallas lost 3 CBs in that game.  That should have been a cakewalk for a good QB. Teams aren't going to make it easier on Marky Mark as the season goes, guys. It's Week 1 and he still can't surprise teams by being accurate and making good decisions.   Dallas handed the game over to NY. The game had nothing to do with Sanchez. Weak compl% (especially on the mid range passes), 1 INT, 1 fumble, should have had 2 more INTs, and he still can't be accurate throughout a game. Mason and he aren't anywhere on the same page.  Classic Dallas.   Get over-confident and fail to finish. NY ain';t winning a SB with a QB like that. Nor is Dallas.   Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana compared to Mark Sanchez.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Never liked the guy, thought he might be a bust.  Watching last night's game had to give him some credit.  He looked good.  Maybe just the subpar db's of the 'boys but give credit where it is due.

In case you missed it King... Mark Sanchez looked like Joe Montana in the playoffs against the Pats last season!

Can't stand the Jests and it killed me to see them have it giftwrapped last night... But come on be real... He has shown improvement and he can at least "manage" the game.  If you don't see that much... Maybe you just don't want to!

As we know all too well here in NE, Rob Ryan's D can be a handful even when it is shorthanded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]Improving?  The guy had little to now run game and we saw what happened when that happens. Dallas lost 3 CBs in that game.  That should have been a cakewalk for a good QB. Teams aren't going to make it easier on Marky Mark as the season goes, guys. It's Week 1 and he still can't surprise teams by being accurate and making good decisions.   Dallas handed the game over to NY. The game had nothing to do with Sanchez. Weak compl% (especially on the mid range passes), 1 INT, 1 fumble, should have had 2 more INTs, and he still can't be accurate throughout a game. Mason and he aren't anywhere on the same page.  Classic Dallas.   Get over-confident and fail to finish. NY ain';t winning a SB with a QB like that. Nor is Dallas.   Joe Flacco looks like Joe Montana compared to Mark Sanchez.

Never liked the guy, thought he might be a bust.  Watching last night's game had to give him some credit.  He looked good.  Maybe just the subpar db's of the 'boys but give credit where it is due.

In case you missed it King... Mark Sanchez looked like Joe Montana in the playoffs against the Pats last season!

Can't stand the Jests and it killed me to see them have it giftwrapped last night... But come on be real... He has shown improvement and he can at least "manage" the game.  If you don't see that much... Maybe you just don't want to!

As we know all too well here in NE, Rob Ryan's D can be a handful even when it is shorthanded.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How long can the Jets give Sanchez? : You spoke a little to soon.....
    Posted by 1anddone-again[/QUOTE]

Yeah because he was so great vs the Cowboy's 2nd and 3rd string secondary? You're always good for a laugh bugboy. The best NFL team in NY state looks like it's in Buffalo

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Bottom line, as long as the YETS win, Mark Sanchez will be under center.  Is he eilte?  No.  Will he ever be elite?  We are still waiting.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think they can afford to give him many more chances honestly.

Sanchez's numbers are well upper tier back-up QB level. He simply isn't a starting level QB. It really is the Jets D and running game that keeps saving Sanchez. With LT aging, the D basically being a number of top players up front but with no depth, and Greene not proving to be a #1 RB eventually Sanchez's game needs to drastically improve and I just don't see it. Here's his numbers:

09 - 15 total TD's,   20 int's,   10 fum's,  63 rating,    53.9% comp
    10 - 20 total TD's,   13 int's,     9 fum's, 75.3 rating,  54.8% comp
    11 - 2   total TD's,   1 int,        2 fum's,  88.7 rating, 59.1% comp

when you look at those numbers they are less then mediocre. Yes Sanchez improved but you can't give up the ball more times the you score. You can't have below a 60% comp rating. Anything below a 80 rating is considered bad by all accounts. He also averages less then 7 yrd/comp which is sad at best. Even last nights numbers were great compared to his averages last year against a secondary that looked worse then the 09' secondary for the Pats but he still had mediocre numbers in both rating and comp % and yet he still had more turnovers then TD's. Sanchez is just a JAG at QB. Now he's a JAG that might not lose you the game when it matters but he's also a QB that needs the other team to make mistakes in order to win too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

The ONLY reason the Nyets won last night had little to do with Sancheeze's play, it was the indefatigable ability of Romo to take ever bigger chomps out of the suk sandwich in clutch situations on a big stage. When the game is on the line, if your QB is Romo, just go home and start crying cuz it's OVA!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]This game shows the importance of Special Teams, and Turnovers. Sanchez did not win this game.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Did you all watch the same game I did? Sanchez threw for 300 plus yards and 2 TDs and completed about 60% of his passes.  If the knock on the guy is that he is not accurate, then he throws for 60% or that he throws a lot of picks, then he doesn't at what point do you reassess your opinion of the guy?  The guy had a pretty good game with heavy pressure and no running game.  Eventually, you have to open up your eyes and judge people on what they do, not what they used to do or should have done.  Like Romo, Sanchez mad some key throws in that game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Please stop, Mar10. We know you are a Jets troll. Just forget it.  The guy looked shaky the entire first half without a run game for support.  We saw them game. You did not, apparently. He was ALMOST SHUTOUT in the 1st half competely. The stadium was quiet most of the night waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Just admit it. 7 points in the 1st half against a decimated secondary? That's not very good for this supposed juggernaut O.  The pass to Burress was fine, but teams aren't going to allow that moving forward. NY isn't good in the red zone, so that's a good risk to take by Sanchez there, so sure, nice play. Throw it up and hope Burress makes the play in single coverage. The fact is, Sanchez was yet again the reason NY was set to lose that game.  They never win because of him.  They always win because of their battling style and the other team's complete boneheaded plays.

HAHA Classic Rusty.  Someone has a different opinion and is immediately dismissed and called a Troll.  Welcome to the forums Mar10 and just ignore Rusty Clown, he is not worth responding too.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think they can afford to give him many more chances honestly. Sanchez's numbers are well upper tier back-up QB level. He simply isn't a starting level QB. It really is the Jets D and running game that keeps saving Sanchez. With LT aging, the D basically being a number of top players up front but with no depth, and Greene not proving to be a #1 RB eventually Sanchez's game needs to drastically improve and I just don't see it. Here's his numbers: 09 - 15 total TD's,   20 int's,   10 fum's,  63 rating,    53.9% comp 10 - 20 total TD's,   13 int's,     9 fum's, 75.3 rating,  54.8% comp 11 - 2   total TD's,   1 int,        2 fum's,  88.7 rating, 59.1% comp when you look at those numbers they are less then mediocre. Yes Sanchez improved but you can't give up the ball more times the you score. You can't have below a 60% comp rating. Anything below a 80 rating is considered bad by all accounts. He also averages less then 7 yrd/comp which is sad at best. Even last nights numbers were great compared to his averages last year against a secondary that looked worse then the 09' secondary for the Pats but he still had mediocre numbers in both rating and comp % and yet he still had more turnovers then TD's. Sanchez is just a JAG at QB. Now he's a JAG that might not lose you the game when it matters but he's also a QB that needs the other team to make mistakes in order to win too.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I read something intersting over the weekend by a Dallas writer, I don't recall his name.  It was about Sanchez.  Don't quote me here, but it was to the effect that Sanchez came out of school with less than 500 attempts in his collegiate career.  Manning and many others had about 1500.  After two years in the NFL, Sanchez still didn't have as many attempts as many QBs coming out of college. 
    Even with that, I agree that this is the year for him.  He's got good receivers, should have a good running game, though it was horrible last night and it is generally in year 3 that guys take a big step forward.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts