How long do we drink the Kool-aid??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid??

Kool-Aid drinkers are are fans that know nothing about the game. The bottom line is if you play bad you get beat in the NFL by anybody. The Pats have played terrible for 7 out of 8 quarters offensively which needless to say isn't going to cut it and they are fortunate to be 1-1. This week is pretty much a must win considering they could also lose to Baltimore. 2-2 is reasonable 1-3 is unacceptable. If Brady hits Edelman on the TD pass or Edelman doesn't drop the other possible TD pass they probably would have won and we would all be singing a different tune and there would be 100 posts about how great they are which is just as stupid. I do know if they don't figure out how to counter blitzing schemes that everyone is going to use they are in serious trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : I don't care how long you have been a fan, jumping off the bandwagon is not called being a fan..... Who are you to be a judge of what talent we have?  You, my friend, are not an expert in pro football talent. Good talent costs money, so where do you expect to get this money when we meet the cap every year and continue to have 12-4 to 14-2 seasons? WHERE DO YOU GET THE MONEY FROM?  Please tell me.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

How do you know what I know or don't know about football talent?? That's a bold statement from someone who has no clue who they're communicating with. Right now the talent on this team is thin at best at MANY positions. Let me ask, what are they doing with the cap money they saved by trading Seymour? Think they'll make Wilfork happy or will they let him go and replace him with Ron Brace who they can pay peanuts. My guess is the latter. Maybe they'll trade him for another phantom draft pick that we'll never use. Think we'll use that #1 we got for Big Sey? Heck no! Only way they use that is if there's a rookie cap otherwise we'll trade out to get some garbage in the late rounds..in 2011! We've become the buzzards of the NFL..picking at garbage and carcasses of old worn out players. As if I haven't said it enough..Joey Galloway! PLEEEZ!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

This is getting ridiculous. They have struggled in two games, yes. TWO GAMES!!! They haven't been playing this way for 10 weeks now, it's been two.

To those saying to get rid of Brady: Seriously? I hope you are joking. The guy has outstanding leadership qualities and is incredibly smart at reading defenses. Give him a break. I'm sure you would be a little rusty if you hadn't played pro football in a year and were hit 10 times a game. Give him a little time to catch up and regain his timing with his receivers.

On players leaving the defense: Richard Seymour was gone after this year and he's getting old. What we got in his place was a first round draft pick in 2011, so we can use it to have a better team for the long haul. I would much rather have a player that is going to give the team years of quality football with high potential over a player who is getting old and leaving after the season.

Haven't drafted well? Meriweather? Mayo? Edelman is looking like an absolute steal. Vollmer has been playing well and will only get better. Darius Butler has played well when he is out and will be our top corner eventually. Pat Chung is a workaholic and a good pick. Ron Brace is Wilfork Jr. They released or traded players that were past their prime and infusing the team with youth. Some of the guys have been injured and haven't had the time to develop yet (Crable, McKenzie). They are going to be good, they just need time.

What we have right now is a team that is very young on defense, and very talented but rusty on offense. We have a first rounder and three second round picks next year, and two first round picks the year after that. What the coaches are doing is making sure the team stays a team. They are having the young guys now play and become leaders so all of these rookies we are going to get can learn from players with experience, because the older guys are going to retire very soon.

Give it time and calm down. It's only been two weeks so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

two weeks and you are ready to call it quits? your right you are such a better fan then the rest of us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonchassey. Show jasonchassey's posts

the offensive frontline may as well stay on the sidelines they have been simply 
    DREADFULL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]the offensive frontline may as well stay on the sidelines they have been simply  DREADFULL
    Posted by jasonchassey[/QUOTE]
    Very true. I want to see more of Vollmer up there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dash4pats. Show dash4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : I've probably been a fan longer than you have dude..I'm no fair wheather fan but I'm also not afraid to criticize the organization based upon what I see. Heaven forbid we criticize Belichick right? That's what sports is about.."blind faith in your leaders will get you killed" remember that when the Pats suffer more defeats than wins if they don't change philosophy. It's NOT working. talent is talent and GOOD talent costs money in this league. Sure, we caught lightning in a bottle with the current approach but I'm telling you, continue bringing in second rate talent and low round draft picks and eventually your left with a second rate team. Take Brady, Moss, Welker out of this equation right now and tell me, what is left here that brings anything to the table. Wilfork maybe, but they'll cheap out on him too
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

Let's see, Mike Wright, Adalius Thomas, Jarvis Green, Ty Warren, Brandon Merriweather, Leigh Bodden, Jerod Mayo on defense.

Logan Mankins, Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Sam Aiken on offense.

Wanna bet your salary these guys won't be starters on other teams, dumbas$??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

if they don't make the playoffs this year, which would be consecutive years, then it's time to put down the ether...this team should contend for the Super Bowl every year as long as Brady and Belichick are still at the helm...thus far, this team is a long, long way off from contention...it's still early, though

as an aside, regarding the rookies, Vollmer and Edelman are looking like steals...perhaps Vollmer replaces Light at LT at some point during this season...Butler looks like the real deal too...Brace will be a good player as well...unfortunately, although it is early, i'm concerned that Chung may be a bust, however hard he may work off the field...only time will tell, though...hopefully, he'll see the field in sub packages by mid-season...i'd hate for that Cassel/Vrable trade (which i was fine with) to amount to nothing...guess we'll see...  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dash4pats. Show dash4pats's posts

[QUOTE]This is getting ridiculous. They have struggled in two games, yes. TWO GAMES!!! They haven't been playing this way for 10 weeks now, it's been two. To those saying to get rid of Brady: Seriously? I hope you are joking. The guy has outstanding leadership qualities and is incredibly smart at reading defenses. Give him a break. I'm sure you would be a little rusty if you hadn't played pro football in a year and were hit 10 times a game. Give him a little time to catch up and regain his timing with his receivers. On players leaving the defense: Richard Seymour was gone after this year and he's getting old. What we got in his place was a first round draft pick in 2011, so we can use it to have a better team for the long haul. I would much rather have a player that is going to give the team years of quality football with high potential over a player who is getting old and leaving after the season. Haven't drafted well? Meriweather? Mayo? Edelman is looking like an absolute steal. Vollmer has been playing well and will only get better. Darius Butler has played well when he is out and will be our top corner eventually. Pat Chung is a workaholic and a good pick. Ron Brace is Wilfork Jr. They released or traded players that were past their prime and infusing the team with youth. Some of the guys have been injured and haven't had the time to develop yet (Crable, McKenzie). They are going to be good, they just need time. What we have right now is a team that is very young on defense, and very talented but rusty on offense. We have a first rounder and three second round picks next year, and two first round picks the year after that. What the coaches are doing is making sure the team stays a team. They are having the young guys now play and become leaders so all of these rookies we are going to get can learn from players with experience, because the older guys are going to retire very soon. Give it time and calm down. It's only been two weeks so far.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

This is the most RIDICULOUS thread EVER!!! I'm even sorry I spent two minutes to stay on it but SERIOUSLY???
    If Mayo plays and stops one of those Jets field goal drives from happenning.
    If Welker plays that ball that whizzed by Edelman gets caught (6 points).

WE WIN THE F-ING GAME!! What the hell is wrong with you man??? This is Tommy Amazing Brady you're talking about. Just coz you can't get a bloody nose for saying the unthinkable online, doesn't mean you throw caution to the wind and say it, u know!

Dumbas$! (not to the guy replying - to the crazy sob who started this post!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Mahatma Gandhi once said "I like your Christ, I do not like your christians."  I am a huge patriots fan, but I'm beginning to hate pats "fans" more and more each day. Everyday I read thread after thread of people talking about how much the patriots are bad/mediocre and how its the end of a dynasty and I'm sick of it. After week 10 in 2001 the patriots were a bleak 5-5. If i recall correctly, they went on to win the superbowl that year. Sure, the patriots have plenty of work to do, but to say that there needs to be dramatic changes up top is probably the dumbest thing I've read in the past couple days, which is saying a lot. They are in a transition year. They may not win the superbowl. But they are my team and i back them (and BB and Kraft) 100%. If you don't, you should root for a team that wins every game every season (19-0)... oh wait... thats never happened before. quit crying like a bunch of little girls and move on to week 3. ATL @ NE. GO PATS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBuster. Show PatsBuster's posts

[QUOTE]"IN BILL WE TRUST"----ENOUGH SAID!
    Posted by PATSNYFAN[/QUOTE]

Yep...he got you guys into this hole, you better start praying he can get the Patriots out of the "Big Digity hole"

Drink mo' Kool-aid!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

People need to get a grip.  Drink the Kool Aid?  The Pats' brain trust makes decisions that may not make sense to the lay man.  Guess what?  They know the cap.  They know the capabilities of the players they're coaching.  They probably have an eye to the future more than we know, which means they may sacrifice a bit of the present in turn for long term viability.  Until the current regime runs this franchise into the ground, I'll trust that they know better than I.  They won 11 games last year with a QB that had very little experience.  I think Belichick will get things going offensively and the defense will be respectable.  Can we stop with the "woe is me" b.s. after week 2?  Live game to game if you want, but there is a long, long time to go in this season.  And there are a lot of high draft picks and potential free agents to look forward to in the next 2-3 years.  So the window is WIDE open.        

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : How do you know what I know or don't know about football talent?? That's a bold statement from someone who has no clue who they're communicating with. Right now the talent on this team is thin at best at MANY positions. Let me ask, what are they doing with the cap money they saved by trading Seymour? Think they'll make Wilfork happy or will they let him go and replace him with Ron Brace who they can pay peanuts. My guess is the latter. Maybe they'll trade him for another phantom draft pick that we'll never use. Think we'll use that #1 we got for Big Sey? Heck no! Only way they use that is if there's a rookie cap otherwise we'll trade out to get some garbage in the late rounds..in 2011! We've become the buzzards of the NFL..picking at garbage and carcasses of old worn out players. As if I haven't said it enough..Joey Galloway! PLEEEZ!!
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

I do know that you have no clue about football talent or you would be working for a pro team.....and not be on a message board complaining that we are being cheap when we don't have the money.....that tells me that you know nothing about team finances and how the cap works.  So, not only is it a BOLD statement, I am going to bet that it is a very accurate statement.

We have not signed Wilfolk yet, because we do not know what the status of the cap is....if there is no cap, then we retain him with a tag until we do know what the cap situation is.

We got a 2011 first round pick from the Raiders and if there is a rookie cap in place, I will gurantee you that we will use that pick.

I am guessing that you are not a fan of the Pats and are on here for trolling purposes only.....99% of the time, trolls come on here spouting idiotic accusations like you have in this thread....Keep up the good work TROLL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

I really thought Boston fans were smarter than that.  What happened last season when Brady went down?  Were we all saying this team should still go 14-2 at the worst??  NO...We were all saying they are done, stick a fork in em, Matt Cassel shouldn't have even made the team because the thousands of wannabe BB's were "evaluating" his preseason performance.  Need I remind what became of last season - Did the Pats not go 11-5 thus becoming the ONLY 11-5 to have never made the playoffs!!!  Please correct me if I am wrong, but did not the pundits say PManning was done after 6-7 games, and did he not rebound to take his team to 9-0 finish and win the MVP?  I do love the passion, but let's temper it at least until week 8.  If this was week 12 there would certainly be reason to worry, but it is week 2...week 2!!  It is not about drinking the kool-aid, it is about until they get it wrong when the season is over, NOT when it just started, then let the griping and sniping fly without any recourse.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I really thought Boston fans were smarter than that.  What happened last season when Brady went down?  Were we all saying this team should still go 14-2 at the worst??  NO...We were all saying they are done, stick a fork in em, Matt Cassel shouldn't have even made the team because the thousands of wannabe BB's were "evaluating" his preseason performance.  Need I remind what became of last season - Did the Pats not go 11-5 thus becoming the ONLY 11-5 to have never made the playoffs!!!  Please correct me if I am wrong, but did not the pundits say PManning was done after 6-7 games, and did he not rebound to take his team to 9-0 finish and win the MVP?  I do love the passion, but let's temper it at least until week 8.  If this was week 12 there would certainly be reason to worry, but it is week 2...week 2!!  It is not about drinking the kool-aid, it is about until they get it wrong when the season is over, NOT when it just started, then let the griping and sniping fly without any recourse.
    Posted by DBAZ22[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : I do know that you have no clue about football talent or you would be working for a pro team.....and not be on a message board complaining that we are being cheap when we don't have the money.....that tells me that you know nothing about team finances and how the cap works.  So, not only is it a BOLD statement, I am going to bet that it is a very accurate statement. We have not signed Wilfolk yet, because we do not know what the status of the cap is....if there is no cap, then we retain him with a tag until we do know what the cap situation is. We got a 2011 first round pick from the Raiders and if there is a rookie cap in place, I will gurantee you that we will use that pick. I am guessing that you are not a fan of the Pats and are on here for trolling purposes only.....99% of the time, trolls come on here spouting idiotic accusations like you have in this thread....Keep up the good work TROLL!

Not the case..I'm not a troll. Have been a diehard fan for 30 years starting with Steve Grogan and have seen the worst of the worst football imaginable engineered bythe likes of Tommy Hodson, Hugh Millen and Marc Wilson..and have not missed a single game broadcast or otherwise. I don't care if it's Bill Belichick or Ron Meyer. If things need to change then they need to change and as a fan I have the right to be critical. I'm not saying "get rid of BB". Just think that philosophically some things NEED to change. Change is refreshing and a different point of view or set of eyes sometimes is a good thing. Why don't CEO's at big fortune 500 companies last forever? Because businesses grow stagnant even if they've been successfull. Maybe BB needs to wear a few less hats. Someone there as a consultant or a GM that can at least provide an alternative point of view. Right now it's all BB all of the time in every facet. Dictatorships are never a good thing !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

If many of the posts within this thread are correct, the Patriots started declining last year.  Unfortunately, losing in the (last half of the) Super Bowl leaves a sour taste.  Personally, I believe that most fans just wanted them to finish what they started,  In fact, it's likely that the whole team wanted the same last year. 

Yeah, what a difference a year makes.  At this junction, I'll offer that the Pats can be pretty good.  Beyond that might be stretching it.

So, is this jumping off the bandwagon?  Of course, not!  However, I'm not going to treat this team as though they're the reigning champs; they're not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

[QUOTE]If many of the posts within this thread are correct, the Patriots started declining last year.  Unfortunately, losing in the (last half of the) Super Bowl leaves a sour taste.  Personally, I believe that most fans just wanted them to finish what they started,  In fact, it's likely that the whole team wanted the same last year.  Yeah, what a difference a year makes.  At this junction, I'll offer that the Pats can be pretty good.  Beyond that might be stretching it. So, is this jumping off the bandwagon?  Of course, not!  However, I'm not going to treat this team as though they're the reigning champs; they're not.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

You mean as would the Steelers, who looked "great" against da Bears!!  Pay attention and you might learn something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

MMM Kool aid.  But seriously this all boils down to one thing.  Brady had his knee destroyed on the first game of last season.  He proceeded to jet set the world with his super model girlfriend.  Then he got married not once but twice and the second one in Costa Rica led to a shooting of some photogs that were trying to get pics since his wonderful new wife had a multi-million dollar deal with a Brazilian mag for exclusive pics of the wedding.  She then got pregnant and is expecting in December right in the  middle of the playoffs.  She is in his head now.  She even escorted him to the team bus yesterday.  Brady is taken by a succubus.  He will never be the same mark my words.  I have seen this happen before.  She has emasculated him and he no longer has the innocent magic.  Sure there are more issues with the NE Patriots but without the Brady we knew who won 3 superbowls I dont have much hope and I have been worried about this all offseason and now I am seeing that my fears my have been founded.  Tom Brady is no longer the same man.  There was a BGB Brady and now there is a PGB and there is nothing that will change the fact that TB will never be the same.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYLeon. Show NYLeon's posts

You'll all be the drinking the Kool Aid as long as the pats win.It apperas that the NE run is over.Tainted as it was it must have fun anyway.

One losing season and you'll all want BB and Brady gone!It's your in bloode NEnglanders you're horrible winners and even worse losers.
    Zebra's can't change their stripes and unfortunately neither can you.

So did everybody have a productive day?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long do we drink the Kool-aid?? : Good, I don't want fairweather fans sitting nxt tp me watching MY team......don't let the door hit you on the way out!

If only that happened. I went up to Foxboro for the Jets game last season. The sentence "Who is that Mayo guy?" was uttered by someone in my row.

Sections
Shortcuts