How long have YOU been on the board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: How long have YOU been on the board?

2006 give or take a year.  I think I was forced to change my moniker 1x when the Globe forced it. Memory isn't so good anymore....

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

In Response to Re: How long have YOU been on the board?:
    [QUOTE] Since 1956, most of my posts have been stolen when Al Gore invented the Internet.This forced me to post in Russian from 1985 to 1997,some of these posts are credited for the end of the cold war.Now most my posts are printed in korean and used by north korea as wallpaper and car seat coverings.In north korea I am the thirty third most popular person or object,just behind Newt Gingrich  and pistol whippings.I am still hoping to crack the top thirty by spring with my new campaign  concentrating on heavy sack beatings and a new catchy tune I have to still write.
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

I thought you seemed familiar! Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

there is only one REAL king.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I started around 2006, but somehow my membership was canceled - not banned - and I had to get this second ID.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Been on here for two years now and was browsing the board for about a year prior to that (I found it was the best way to get the latest information for the team). I've never been banned, although I've had some posts removed. Been a big fan of the draft thread for 3 years now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

came here looking for Dice-K info when the Sox won the bid on him in Fall of '06, he turned out to be a bust and not Pedro II like I was all excited about

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Maybe 9 years.  Occasionally the computer gurus foul things up and I need to get a new name like PaulK2.  I remember making fun of the Jets drafting DeWayne Shrimpy-Arms Robertson on draft day, long before he actually turned into a bust.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Long enough to have seen about 3000 different screen names from our favorite Jets fan. You all know who I mean.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I was brought forth at a time during the earliest escalation of Negame, A time before the ascension of Harley yet still many closed & curtained threads prior to the King's enunciations.  The particulars of dancing celestial movements within these days proffered the veiled bright lights & undramatic simplicities that only the perceived smallness of designs can initially grant, prior to the some summation of days' inevitable accumulation towards a larger eclipse of greater importance & anonymity as a whole, and lesser importance & anonymity as a one... There was, during these long past seasons, more intensifications of bright light & dark shadow and more simplicities & less intracies of colorful schemes.  It would be wrong to wane a lesser now in a waxing of some absolute past state of Ideal, for it is always and every bit the present state's hunger which falsifies brushstrokes towards some glorified past portrait...  No.  It is the unbalanced injustice & insincerity unfairly awarded the undivinable present as a b#stard underling, as opposed to an uncertain bastion of the yet to be Determined...          

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Long time. I think starting around 2002- when board had overhaul had to update and lost orginal membership info. There was great reporting on Boston.com back in the day, until ESPN Boston stole/lured away top talent. Not quite the same to post over on espn. Mostly all is in response to articles- not the free for all it is on this board. And I loathe the Herald. I will never ever forgive or forget the Tomase incident.
    I have been wondering what the median age of posters here is this season. Each year seems to have its own personality. Nice to see poasters who are here year after year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Long time. I think starting around 2002- when board had overhaul had to update and lost orginal membership info. There was great reporting on Boston.com back in the day, until ESPN Boston stole/lured away top talent. Not quite the same to post over on espn. Mostly all is in response to articles- not the free for all it is on this board. And I loathe the Herald. I will never ever forgive or forget the Tomase incident. I have been wondering what the median age of posters here is this season. Each year seems to have its own personality. Nice to see poasters who are here year after year.
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

I gather you're talking about Reiss. As much as I hate ESPN I wouldn't say they stole him. They simply offered to pay him what he's worth as a writer. At the Globe if you're not named Ryan or Shaughnessy you probably don't make much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long have YOU been on the board? : I gather you're talking about Reiss. As much as I hate ESPN I wouldn't say they stole him. They simply offered to pay him what he's worth as a writer. At the Globe if you're not named Ryan or Shaughnessy you probably don't make much.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Yep Reiss was a big loss. I'm sure his payday is looking a lot better than his Globe days. Jackie McMullen use to write for the Globe and now is with espn too. Her recent profiles on Pats players have been excellent, and Reiss's  knowledge and access to the Pats is unsurpassed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

One man, one name, 3 years. =) 

Go Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Sounds the like the Waltons to me...

Good on y'all...

It's  been a pleasure for the most part.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Was on about 2 years before this format says whenever my first post was. BDC changed the format and had to start all over. Don't post very much, but have been here long enough to see most of NEGAME's pix and av's!!!! Guess I haven't been ignorant enough to be banned, but there is still time!!!!!!!!KMc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

'Bout 05 when I moved to Cali....  I had to keep in touch with my Boston Sports. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

NickC1188 has been on here since probably 2004, 2005, or 2006

I lost the screen name in 2009 or 2010 because of one f-bomb dropped against a Lakers troll back before the moderators on the Celtics board started doing their jobs. 

as long as i add *st*r*sks these days, they seem willing to let this new, way-too-long screen name stay.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Been here since '03 - argued with Panther trolls on here before SB 38. Lost my original name when we had to re-register. My pic on here I took myself as Brady went by holding the SB 36 trophy at the parade in Boston in Feb of '02.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

13 months, and in that time I've racked up an amazing number of posts, if I say so myself. Although, been on the Sox forum a lot more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]People who know, know. Yes, standing my ground.  Trolls and irrational, bitter Pats fans reported me over and over, apparently. They can be combative and belligerent, but when I returned fire, only then was it a problem, which of course is beyond hypocritical.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You are having a dialog with who, here?  It looks like you just answering something no one has asked.  Or being defensive.  Anyone who has seen your posts, knows you.  No point in trying to milk a cat, man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long have YOU been on the board? : You are having a dialog with who, here?  Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

LMAO. Love it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Since the beginning.....there was Tex, Shel, Umie....me.....and toga!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Since the beginning.....there was Tex, Shel, Umie....me.....and toga!
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

lol if I remember right Toga was the original Colts poster?  is he the same as Underdog?

I've been here since very early, back when p-mike was prairiemike and it only cost a nickel for a cone of ice cream and we had to walk 5 miles just to find a good Interwebs connection with a nice fast 128k modem to post our thoughts jk jk jk jk jk