How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?

How long till Ridley is the feature back?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?

I think probably a few weeks just because that's how Bill does business but I've already seen all I need to see over the last couple of weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Benny's still going to be used to pound it up the middle . . . but Ridley is going to be the main guy very soon, I think . . . as long as he doesn't fumble. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?:
    Benny's still going to be used to pound it up the middle . . . but Ridley is going to be the main guy very soon, I think . . . as long as he doesn't fumble. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

The problem is that Ridley is better at that too. It was his specialty at LSU. He actually broke Kevin Faulk's TD record the secon Charles Scott left for the NFL because he feasts on the short yardage run. 

He adds more deception as well, because he is certainly faster around the edge.

But yes, he did have a couple fumbles in 2010, and dropped a few passes. But neither really seemed like an obvious issue. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Oh. In 13 rushing attempts on his career he has tied BJGE's career long run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He looks better than BJGE, but Benny's had a pretty good day today too. Nice to see the running yardage.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'd just like to see him get more even with his touches at this point...  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He looks better than BJGE, but Benny's had a pretty good day today too. Nice to see the running yardage.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Yeah. I want to see them get a few first downs running the ball now, when the Raiders are expecting it. And again next week against the Jests. They rarely have trouble running it when the pass-offense is humming along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I like Ridley a lot. Would be interesting to see how he handles 20-25 carries a game.

Also, the Raiders played the Pats pretty even today...the difference was turnovers (and penalties). So, I guess if Ridley puts up a good number of carries without coughing it up, he'll be pressing Law Firm for the job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Another 20+ gainer.... I dunno guys.. it needs to happen... just as long as he holds onto the ball. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I like Ridley a lot. Would be interesting to see how he handles 20-25 carries a game. Also, the Raiders played the Pats pretty even today...the difference was turnovers (and penalties). So, I guess if Ridley puts up a good number of carries without coughing it up, he'll be pressing Law Firm for the job.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Like I said when he was drafted ... this kid is the kind of back that looks even fresher in the 4th quarter. 

I love watching him hit the corners on the power toss and sweeps ... BJGE isn't great at that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Should of been today if O'Brien had been paying attention.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

What ever happened to Vereen?  That guy fell off the map

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

He looks like the edge runner we need so desperately.  I'd like him to start next week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It's a committee, like about 25 other teams. Neither is head and shoulders above the other. There's no "job" to take.  No such thing as a "feature back'' as long as 12 is there.  Doesn't matter who starts, this isn't high school.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

They're two different kinds of backs who can compliment each other. Can Ridley block as well as BJGE? Probably not. That is why Ben will continue to be the featured back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I love how "ZBellino" is an LSU fan and just last week questioned RIdley's skill set in our offense. Talk about being exposed.  He also was completely blasted in the CBA/Union debates. I have been spoken down to by him and others on two topics: 1. Shotgun/Spread Failure. 2. Using One back or Just BJGE/Ridley as the committed run game. I find it absolutely obnoxious for him to come on here with this.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I admit that Z's objectivity is in question where Ridley is concerned due to the LSU connection - but it is plain to see that Ridley is looking like the future for the Pats - the guy is fast and has an eye for the holes - I'd like to see him catching some passes

Rusty - you seem hell bent on attacking Pats fans this week - what is up with you - save your enmity for UD or the Jets trolls

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

this was more like it, less shotgun/spread and more running plays, balance. 

i like both backs but there is no doubt how explosive ridley is, he has shown that he can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Featured back? Not with BJGE on the team. Benny wont fumble so he will be used.

Ridley looked great, BJGE didn't look bad either.

I want to see us pound the rock like we did this week consistently! it worked F****** wonders for the offense!

Its a RB by committee and it worked today as we rushed for 183 against a great Run D.

I expect more of the same going forward.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : I admit that Z's objectivity is in question where Ridley is concerned due to the LSU connection - but it is plain to see that Ridley is looking like the future for the Pats - the guy is fast and has an eye for the holes - I'd like to see him catching some passes Rusty - you seem hell bent on attacking Pats fans this week - what is up with you - save your enmity for UD or the Jets trolls
    Posted by qball369

They'll be around next week.WeDat and the other mental defectives are too busy crapping their pants over having to play the Ravens tonight. They should be 2-2 when we see them next week. Should have been 1-3. As I told them at the beginning of the season the best team in NY state is in Buffalo not NYC

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Featured back? Not with BJGE on the team. Benny wont fumble so he will be used. Ridley looked great, BJGE didn't look bad either. I want to see us pound the rock like we did this week consistently! it worked F****** wonders for the offense! Its a RB by committee and it worked today as we rushed for 183 against a great Run D. I expect more of the same going forward.
    Posted by GadisRKO

I don't know. The offense looked about as good as it did in week one and week two -- essentially mistake free, and they scored 30+ Furthermore, they lost the TOP game worse than they have all season this week. But it is nice to see them getting the reps spread around and protecting Brady. 

There will always be reps for your backup, but like I said when he came aboard, it wouldn't be long before his superior athleticism earns him more reps. I mean, he is just faster, more elusive, and stronger. 

Unless he starts fumbling the ball, he'll pull away from Benny. But Benny is still an awesome second runner ... just not a dangerous first runner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : Dude, I have been treated like a jerk and I was right so many times.   It's annoying. As if my points aren't legit? The trolls pose as Pats fans and then prod the irrationals. I am then called a homer. It's just beyond unbearable.  I was flat out spot on on the new CBA situation and why our offense was flawed in the shotgun/spread base.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I wasn't following the blog during the contract dispute so I have nothing to say there - but I am not in agreement with you about the shotgun/spread being the problem for the Pats - For the foreseeable future, the Pats are going to need to score lots of points to win - I liked them going for the throat last week against Buffalo - who could figure that Woodhead would create a tip ball INT at the end of the half when it looked very much like the Pats were going to go up 28-7 to end the half - or that Brady would horribly underthrow a wide open Gronkowski with a chance to go up 14 points at the end of the 3rd/early in the 4th qtr

I am not against running the football - but this teams personnel dictates that they will be most successful running the spread - I would also say that they'll be more effective running after establishing the pass - as was the case today on the Ridley score - who had a wide open hole running on a possession that the Pats ran 2 successful play action passes

This team does not need balance for balance sake - they need to score points, lots of them - and they need to run their offense that way - if the Pats decide that a teams weakness on D is allowing the run - then run it - but if they can throw it all day successfully then that is what they need to do

Rusty - I know you'll agree that the object for the Pats is to win games - Tom Brady/Wes Welker give them the best chance to win - surely you agree with that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Not sure, but BJGE looked mostly solid to me, and was manly in pass protection.  Ridley is a bit of a hybrid BJGE/Woodhead guy.  Love having both of them.  

Sections
Shortcuts