How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?

Yeah I love what I see from Ridley and I'm not trying to spoil the party because I really think he has a future on this team, I just wonder if its one of those things where a defense spends so much time preparing for Brady and the offense we run, then an unknown guy comes in where they don't have much film and he gets some holes that BJGE wouldn't get?

Anyway I really think we have a run game that could destroy some defense's. Mostly because a defense can never really respect a run game fully when Tom Brady is the QB.

One thing I am sure of is that Woodhead(hopefully ok) or Faulk when he returns should be used as a traditional 3rd down back and not as a split time runner(i.e 15 carries) I think we need to see BJGE/Ridley about 30 -40 plays a game. The threat of the run and the run itself will do wonders for an already potent offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?:
    I love how "ZBellino" is an LSU fan and just last week questioned RIdley's skill set in our offense. Talk about being exposed.  He also was completely blasted in the CBA/Union debates. I have been spoken down to by him and others on two topics: 1. Shotgun/Spread Failure. 2. Using One back or Just BJGE/Ridley as the committed run game. I find it absolutely obnoxious for him to come on here with this.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

OBNOXIOUS.......YES! You just stated who you are, what you are and all you ever will be.  Please go and get a life, no one cares about you, your ridiculous statements and pathetic antics.... dont go away mad, just go awayYell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah I love what I see from Ridley and I'm not trying to spoil the party because I really think he has a future on this team, I just wonder if its one of those things where a defense spends so much time preparing for Brady and the offense we run, then an unknown guy comes in where they don't have much film and he gets some holes that BJGE wouldn't get? Anyway I really think we have a run game that could destroy some defense's. Mostly because a defense can never really respect a run game fully when Tom Brady is the QB. One thing I am sure of is that Woodhead(hopefully ok) or Faulk when he returns should be used as a traditional 3rd down back and not as a split time runner(i.e 15 carries) I think we need to see BJGE/Ridley about 30 -40 plays a game. The threat of the run and the run itself will do wonders for an already potent offense.
    Posted by TrueChamp

They seem to be using him exactly the same way. I mean, the day he was drafted I was posting about him replacing BJGE as the lead back. I grabbed the dude for my fantasy team too, which is now looking like a great pickup (though he'll be competing against Adrian Peterson and Matt Forte). 

I think it's just because he has a little more quickness and elusiveness that BJGE just lacks. BJGE is a fantastic backup, really a supersub, but Ridley is bigger threat. He will force the defense to reckon with him underneath the TE. 

NEs run game does get respect though. The Bills were using a safety in the box an awful lot last week. It was pretty effective. I think the Raiders got gashed this week because they essentially went the opposite direction and decided to contest every throw down field. 

The best part is that the offense was missing Hern. He is really the guy who dominates games like the one we just saw in the 2TE base. He can beat too many people man2man. 

NE will need him back next week too. The Jets are probably already thinking about what they just saw from this offense.

There is ZERO question NE needs Woodhead. The guy is the best 3rd down back in the league, and in those two minute drills and 2TE sets he is lethal in the draw and out fo the backfield. 

Brady has three "go to" guys on this offense. Woody, Hern, and Welker. Those the guys he can count on to "get open" ... and they need every one of them long term.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I don't think Ridley can grind out the positive 2 and 3 yard runs like BJGE does when there are no openings. I think both of these guys have different skill sets and Benny should pound up the middle, Ridley should use his speed and shiftiness off tackle. Win-win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Seriously. TC. Watch the highlights later on. 

Look at BJGE's runs around the edge, and then Ridley's. The differential in quickness is obvious. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : BJGE is solid.  Ridley is good. That is the difference I am talking about. BB drafted two running backs, in part, because BJGE is merely solid. You can always improve from solid.  That's really the point of the thread. Ridley can be exceptional in this offense I think.
    Posted by zbellino

It's not like any rb gets a bunch of carries anyway. I don't see Ridley "taking" anyone's job.  I am guessing with Ridley looking like he does we go forward with BJGE, Ridley, Woodhead, and see what Vereen does IF he ever gets on the field.  Pretty much what we saw today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Ridley will eventually get more carries, but he won't ever be featured as an every down back under BB. BB believes this is a multi-back league.

I do really like Ridley though. He makes very good cuts and seems to excel at having that extra pep to run out of a defenders tackle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : It's not like any rb gets a bunch of carries anyway. I don't see Ridley "taking" anyone's job.  I am guessing with Ridley looking like he does we go forward with BJGE, Ridley, Woodhead, and see what Vereen does IF he ever gets on the field.  Pretty much what we saw today.
    Posted by Davedsone

That could be true. That's why I started the poll man!

But even in "committee setups, one guy gets the most plays. Ridley has earned himself more plays than he has now, and I think over time, he will earn more than BJGE. Moreover, I think over time he will earn more handoffs in situations where they might have passed if Benny were on the field because he is a bigger threat to get over the top of the defense. 

Maybe I'm biased because I've been pumping this kid since the 2010 draft a year ago when people started talking about NE drafting Charles Scott and I told them to wait a year, because Ridley was a better fit. But whatever, the kid looks as legit here as he did in college. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

BJGE is such an intelligent runner. He gets no credit.

True but try telling that to the idiots who want to put ridley in front of Law Firm. I love Ridley but I'm set with Law Firm in till his time is up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : They seem to be using him exactly the same way. I mean, the day he was drafted I was posting about him replacing BJGE as the lead back. I grabbed the dude for my fantasy team too, which is now looking like a great pickup (though he'll be competing against Adrian Peterson and Matt Forte).  I think it's just because he has a little more quickness and elusiveness that BJGE just lacks. BJGE is a fantastic backup, really a supersub, but Ridley is bigger threat. He will force the defense to reckon with him underneath the TE.  NEs run game does get respect though. The Bills were using a safety in the box an awful lot last week. It was pretty effective. I think the Raiders got gashed this week because they essentially went the opposite direction and decided to contest every throw down field.  The best part is that the offense was missing Hern. He is really the guy who dominates games like the one we just saw in the 2TE base. He can beat too many people man2man.  NE will need him back next week too. The Jets are probably already thinking about what they just saw from this offense. There is ZERO question NE needs Woodhead. The guy is the best 3rd down back in the league, and in those two minute drills and 2TE sets he is lethal in the draw and out fo the backfield.  Brady has three "go to" guys on this offense. Woody, Hern, and Welker. Those the guys he can count on to "get open" ... and they need every one of them long term.
    Posted by zbellino

A good friend of mine had Ridley pegged as the answer to N.E's ruinning game as well, he said Vareen got more attention in the draft but Ridley will be the guy who can run between the tackles. Not sure why so many were upset we took 2 rb's in the draft?

Yeah when Ah comes back Brady won't have to force too many balls to Gronk(he seemed to be covered up well today) Plus having those 2 together with an effective run game is just plain scary.

I LOVE Woodhead in this offense but I think we have relied on him too often at times(like jets playoff game when we used him as our lead back) I think he is a perfect complimentary back just like Faulk is, although nobody can replace Faulk The Wood has been pretty close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Where is Shane Vereen. He was taken higher than Ridley. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Where is Shane Vereen. He was taken higher than Ridley. 
    Posted by murghkhor

He has a hammy issue last time I checked. I hope he can clear it. Out of everyone they drafted for the "O" he has the highest upside because of his measurables. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : A good friend of mine had Ridley pegged as the answer to N.E's ruinning game as well, he said Vareen got more attention in the draft but Ridley will be the guy who can run between the tackles. Not sure why so many were upset we took 2 rb's in the draft? Yeah when Ah comes back Brady won't have to force too many balls to Gronk(he seemed to be covered up well today) Plus having those 2 together with an effective run game is just plain scary. I LOVE Woodhead in this offense but I think we have relied on him too often at times(like jets playoff game when we used him as our lead back) I think he is a perfect complimentary back just like Faulk is, although nobody can replace Faulk The Wood has been pretty close.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Well Gronk and Hern are two different TEs. 

Hern is tougher weapon as a pure reciever because he beats man coverage against just about anyone you would logically stick on a TE.

Gronk is fantastic because he is a natural zone TE and a devastating blocker AND a clear TD threat. 

But as a meat and potatoes guy he is great. 

I don't think that Woody is big enough to be a lead back. He is only average at running up the middle, and if you can't do that well you can't lead. I remember a bunch of people peddling him last season citing other small running backs that lead... but they all seem to break down.

Yeah, OBrien's 2TE set basically used that all last season to some great effect though, running Benny and Woody with those guys is a matchup nightmare.

I think it gets better with Ridley ... but that's my 2 cents.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The Talented Mr. Ridley performed quite well today. I don't see him taking over BJGE's job just yet, but based on today's performance, he should see more touches. If he keeps it up, he'll progressively get the bulk of the carries sometime around week 8 or so.
    As far as Woody...if he's not ready to go next week, i really want to see Vereen. I think Vereen has the potential to be the best back on this roster, and that's not a bad problem to have. Ridley / Vereen combo with BJGE and Woody sprinked in is nice.

And...Russ was right to an extent. Balanced O, using the run more aggresively and early, not telegraphing it paid dividends. I wouldn't mind a week like this every week. Be interesting to see what gameplan BB puts together against the Jests next week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job?:
    How long till Ridley is the feature back?
    Posted by zbellino

z if you've been reading the list, you saw i said in game 1 preseason, he should be #1 from the start. now how long till obrian makes the switch. i dont know. does he have a brain or does he wait for bb to finally utter the words.

by the way, if you didnt read the game thread, i think i would consider at this point playing vw both ways, as a rback on offense (cant be taken down) and as a cb, those hands, that ball hawkin ability. laughing... but true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

He looks better than BJGE, but Benny's had a pretty good day today too. Nice to see the running yardage.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

they only had him on the field for 10 plays. he runs for 100. how do you think he does if he takes 15-18 carries a game?

bjge 16 carries, for 75 yds 4.7 avg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Featured back? Not with BJGE on the team. Benny wont fumble so he will be used. Ridley looked great, BJGE didn't look bad either. I want to see us pound the rock like we did this week consistently! it worked F****** wonders for the offense! Its a RB by committee and it worked today as we rushed for 183 against a great Run D. I expect more of the same going forward.
    Posted by GadisRKO

i do NOT EXPECT IT FROM OBRIAN. but id like to see it.
    brady doesnt have to win the game every time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I like Ridley a lot. Would be interesting to see how he handles 20-25 carries a game. Also, the Raiders played the Pats pretty even today...the difference was turnovers (and penalties). So, I guess if Ridley puts up a good number of carries without coughing it up, he'll be pr

pressing. hes already doubling his output per carry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : Like I said when he was drafted ... this kid is the kind of back that looks even fresher in the 4th quarter.  I love watching him hit the corners on the power toss and sweeps ... BJGE isn't great at that. 
    Posted by zbellino

agrreed sweet to watch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They should reamin co-lead backs.  Both of their styles complement one another. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

They're two different kinds of backs who can compliment each other. Can Ridley block as well as BJGE? Probably not. That is why Ben will continue to be the featured back.
    Posted by Evil2012

i think he will be as good or better at blocking. maybe not just yet

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

this was more like it, less shotgun/spread and more running plays, balance.  i like both backs but there is no doubt how explosive ridley is, he has shown that he can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. 
    Posted by kjfitone

kjfit
    thanks for stating the obvious to those not seeing it yet

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: How long till Ridley outright takes BJGE's job? : Dude, I have been treated like a jerk and I was right so many times.   It's annoying. As if my points aren't legit? The trolls pose as Pats fans and then prod the irrationals. I am then called a homer. It's just beyond unbearable.  I was flat out spot on on the new CBA situation and why our offense was flawed in the shotgun/spread base.

people can differ in opinion. doesnt make one any better than the other.
    leave the bickering to the kids in the schoolyard. just put your ideas out there. both of you. all of us.

leave the names to the 5 year olds.

further, if you dont attack others, they will be less likely to attack.

regardless, let it all roll off your back. we are all  better for the diversity of opinions. rubber stamping doesnt make us better.

the team nor your opinions need defending. let them stand on their own.

peace

Sections
Shortcuts