How long until the Pats sign Bruschi or Junior Seau?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

How long until the Pats sign Bruschi or Junior Seau?

It is not the Pats year.  The W against Buffalo was luck.  The Jets gave the rest of the league the formula to defeat the Pats.  The Seymour deal while it might be a good long term deal, hurts or chances this year too much.  So I hope the old LBs will come back to help out!  Especially since Mayo Is out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: How long until the Pats sign Bruschi or Junior Seau?

Bruschi is doen for good I think but Seau could be signed late in teh season for a playoff run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It's good to see you have such faith, G-man! Why don't you go back to the Giants board if this team stinks as bad as you think? You trolls must love it when we lose! It seems to make you very happy. That is such a pitiful indication of your lack of a real life! Maybe you should try finding a job! That would keep you occupied and may make you feel better about yourself!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

I am not a Giant Fan Buddy.  I have always been a Pat fan.  Even when most people didn't know they existed.  But I am also a realist.  It is not their year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSILK. Show TheSILK's posts

You said it, bub. For this dope and the rest of the haters to say this isn't their season after 2 games is a joke. Obviously a bandwagon riding cretin or an infiltrator from NY. Yeah they developed the "blueprint" for beating the Pats. How many times have we heard that since the Baltimore game almost 2 years ago. Get real slackers.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

I agree with the luck statement, 1966.  The SB W by the Giant's was luck.  But what I was trying to say is it is only luck the Pats are not 0-2.  But back the the thread question.  Does anyone think the Pats will bring back the old LB this season?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If you are not a Giants fan then why is your name Gman?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Seau will be back after thanksgiving, he himself said he only has 6 games in him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Our Defense would've been worst with a 34+ year old LB corps. Veteran leadership is overrated if they can't catch up wih the younger and faster guys like Leon Washington. Plus, the Pats' defense hasn't been the problem in those two games. Our Offense has been the problem. Believe it or not the Pats offense is ranked 22nd in points scored, we average 17 points a game, and Brady is 2-2 in TDs and INTs. Both TDs came in the final mintues of the Buffalo game. Question the O, not the D. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pp1033. Show pp1033's posts

In Response to Re: How long until the Pats sign Bruschi or Junior Seau?:
    I agree with the luck statement, 1966.  The SB W by the Giant's was luck.  But what I was trying to say is it is only luck the Pats are not 0-2.  But back the the thread question.  Does anyone think the Pats will bring back the old LB this season?
    Posted by GMan1973

I believe it would be a mistake to bring them back, Guyton played very well in Mayo's abscence and it was only his first game at that position.  Therefore, the need is not there to do so, stay younger and let them work there way through it.  The problems aren't with the D at the moment really, they are with the offense and as soon as the O gets rolling it will make the defense even better!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm not going to panic at week 2.  I can't say everything has made me happy, but I'm hardly in panic mode.  You know, we could just as easily be 2-0 right now too.  One less bobbled ball in the Jets game and we'd be 2-0.  

We have issues, but some more games need to be played before we know if some of those issues are going to stick around longer than we like.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

Everyone is saying the Pats defense is not the problem but I disagree.  The Jets should of scored zero points.  The Jets stink with the rookie QB.  16 doesn't sound bad but my local pee wee team could of kept the Jets to 16.  For the offense, many times after an injury like that ... the QB never is the same.  2007 is gone.  Look at the bright side.... maybe next year we can sign Farve.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

is it just me or is it a bit early to say that it isnt anyones year???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

just you!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Everyone is saying the Pats defense is not the problem but I disagree.  The Jets should of scored zero points.  The Jets stink with the rookie QB.  16 doesn't sound bad but my local pee wee team could of kept the Jets to 16.  For the offense, many times after an injury like that ... the QB never is the same.  2007 is gone.  Look at the bright side.... maybe next year we can sign Farve.
    Posted by GMan1973

If that's your thought process I guess we shouldn't play any NFL games then, huh? The Steelers must have a real bad defense because the Titans offense is worst than the Jets offense, and the Bears have a medicore offense too.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

At least the Red Sox will be playing into October when the Pat season will be over.  Maybe they will lose to the Yankees again.  But don't worry Boston the Celtics will start up again and be beat by LA just as another season of the BoSox start up.  There is always next year.  Well, maybe not with Obama in office.  When his stimulus inflation hits no one will be able to go to the games.

Yell

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to How long until the Pats sign Bruschi or Junior Seau?:
    It is not the Pats year.  The W against Buffalo was luck.  The Jets gave the rest of the league the formula to defeat the Pats.   The Seymour deal while it might be a good long term deal, hurts or chances this year too much.   So I hope the old LBs will come back to help out!   Especially since Mayo Is out.
    Posted by GMan1973

Jr. is only good for a few games. He may be a late season add if there are more issues
    Bruschi said he would never be like favre so that leads me to believe that the pats will not see him again........ as a player anyway
    But..... 

The W against the bills was a flash of the former tom brady and a mistake by the bills. We all know the pats capitalize on mistakes

the loss to the jets was due to a recovering tom brady and both an offense and defense in transition . No formula was revealed .. Sheesh thats ridic

The jets are getting spanked in Gillette in November. Love the jets fans . They always seem to get pretty excited and arrogant in September lol 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

I wonder if BB asked Bruschi to come back, if he would regress on his Favre comment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

The Jets offense isnt that good lol. They arent the best O in the league but they are not near the bottom either. Last years AFC leading rusher in Jones, Keller is one of the better TE's in the league, Washington is a play maker and Cotchery and Stuckey are a above average receiving duo. Not to mention they have a great offensive line as well. And incase you didnt notice Sanchez can play.

The Jets came in with a great game plan and they executed it perfectly. Tip your cap to them they played well. Remember how bad Peyton Manning was last year after his knee surgery. It takes these guys time. By week 6 Tom will be back to being Tom. Im just hoping they can hold on and win some games until then.

Here is Peytons numbers threw 3 games last year.

59% comp 784 Yds 3 Td's 4 Int's

How many thought he was done? It takes time to get your feet back under you. Especially after missing an entire season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Seau will be back in early December looking for the ring that has eluded him for oh so long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

ok so if it was not 100% clear before that Gman is a troll it is now. Only  troll would say we should give up and sign Farve. What a tool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

At least the Red Sox will be playing into October when the Pat season will be over.
    Posted by GMan1973

I'm pretty certain the Pats season will not be over in October.  I'm not a football genius, but I like my odds...  

Did we have to go into politics?  Whether I agree or disagree, geez.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In Response to How long until the Pats sign Bruschi or Junior Seau? : "The W against Buffalo was luck" Just like the Gints win against the Pats in the Super Bowl???? All good teams have two or three lucky wins a year.  Look at Pittsburgh vs. Arizona. I don't hear anyone saying the Squeelers were lucky, yet they were.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Just because your team blows don't throw the Steelers under the bus.  They needed a score in the last minute of the game, drove 70+ and Ben threw one heck of a pass to Santonio in the corner of the endzone.  Besides they were also leading before Fitzgerald beat the coverage for the lead.  Tell me how that was luck hater?  You want to talk about luck let's go back to the cheating years and the Patriots three super bowls.  Was that 9 points that separated you from winning 3 to losing 3?  What an idiot.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I thought Bruschi was pretty clear about the notion that he was done playing.

I would say if the situation was different, though, that he would consider, but I think it would take large numbers of TEAMMATES asking him - he seems like he wouldn't want it to seem like his ego couldn't take being retired, and would need a good reason to return if he did.

Sections
Shortcuts