how long would trolls stick around if...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

how long would trolls stick around if...

Nobody ever responded to them,  acted like they weren't even here?  They are never looking for a legit argument, they never accept when they are wrong, nor are they ever humble when they are right (which isn't very often).  They are only looking for attention.  Wonder how long it would take for them to get bored and just move on if nobody ever acknowledged them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: how long would troll stick around if...

+1

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: how long would trolls stick around if...

The only way to lose the trolls is for the team to become lousy, then nobody would care enough to bother. So, I'm afraid we're stuck with them for the next five to ten years, maybe more.  Trolls want to be here because everyone likes a winner and their teams are wretched and unwatchable.  How many trolls do the Bills have? Not many. 

Trolls are like illegal aliens and the US is like the Pats, the best place for illegals and a whole lot better than the spit hole they come from. Now, how many illegals does Guatemala have?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In Response to how long would trolls stick around if...:
    [QUOTE]Nobody ever responded to them,  acted like they weren't even here?  They are never looking for a legit argument, they never accept when they are wrong, nor are they ever humble when they are right (which isn't very often).  They are only looking for attention.  Wonder how long it would take for them to get bored and just move on if nobody ever acknowledged them?
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

...or they would infitrate your post with thier useless drivel and try to make everyone else believe that they weren't trolls at all..... jetmangione,manningrules; etc. Sorry TFB but, unfortunately, your post was contaminated by the third post. Shame. KMc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

What trolls?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: how long would trolls stick around if...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to how long would trolls stick around if... : ...or they would infitrate your post with thier useless drivel and try to make everyone else believe that they weren't trolls at all.....
    Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE]
    Ya, they starve for attention so bad they will say most anything to get a response or some sort of attention.  Sad, they must live empty lives, have no friends and probably can't contribute anything good on their own teams site to get attention.  Oh well, I will continue to watch them hang here and feel bad for them everytime they make an attention seeking post.  I feel bad for them, the only way we can really help them in life is probably to totally ignore them, then maybe they will go seek some professional help and fix their attention seeking problems.  I think everyone should come together and help them by ignoring them so they will go get the help they need.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

we have trolls here?  i never notice them or respond to them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It doesn't work. They just enjoy spewing their BS unabated if ignored.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Then let them spew.  It gets kinda ridiculous to see a troll get 50+ responses to one their psycho posts. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

the only one who seems like a decent guy is Steelers75--the rest of them are simple people, the common clay of other teams' fans, you know....morons

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: how long would trolls stick around if...": [QUOTE]Then let them spew.  It gets kinda ridiculous to see a troll get 50+ responses to one their psycho posts.  Posted by garytx[/QUOTE] That's what I don't understand? Why so many responses? I put the new guy on ignore after his 1st few posts.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]It doesn't work. They just enjoy spewing their BS unabated if ignored.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Yup, I think Wederr whatever posted for months before someone on the board told him no one could see his posts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They would be crushed if everyone put them on ignore and never responded. You see these guys are devastated by the Patriots success and need to release their anger some way or they go crazy. Every time these guys post it just shows how good the Patriots are. They do this out of respect for the greatest team in sports. 

So the answer is that they would go away and it would really bother them if we put them all on ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: how long would trolls stick around if... : Ya, they starve for attention so bad they will say most anything to get a response or some sort of attention.  Sad, they must live empty lives, have no friends and probably can't contribute anything good on their own teams site to get attention.  Oh well, I will continue to watch them hang here and feel bad for them everytime they make an attention seeking post.  I feel bad for them, the only way we can really help them in life is probably to totally ignore them, then maybe they will go seek some professional help and fix their attention seeking problems.  I think everyone should come together and help them by ignoring them so they will go get the help they need.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

You are probably right TFB12. we would be helping them if we ALL put them on ignore. As soon as a new troll shows up, put them on ignore. It would help them in the long run to seek help. We should put up a thread to remind everyone here to do this, put all trolls  on ignore. They would lose all of their control.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Then let them spew.  It gets kinda ridiculous to see a troll get 50+ responses to one their psycho posts. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

i think using a term (troll) that so many people use in so many different ways, is antithetical to actaul communication. everyone thinks they know what others are saying and meaning, but everyone has a different idea in their mind of teh words said.

i have said every once in a while when it seems apt, that it makes far more sense  not to reply to someone who is not adding to the conversation. Ie spewing hate, attacking, etc.

i agree totally with your post above.

other than the draft thread, which is one of the reasons i love it, the posts that seem to have the most replies, most of the time at least, seem to be these kinds of things and the posts where no one "listens" to what others say, and attack others ideas out of emotional "need" to do so (sometimes called "pissing contests").

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

The only way to completely stop this is not have a forum at all....since that won't happen then the best thing people can do is have more discipline and not reply to their post....This is what I do....I read what they've posted and if it is trolling then I just click the back button and move on to the next thread....rinse and repeat....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]the best thing people can do is have more discipline and not reply to their post....
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]
    Exactly my point.  I just hope people can refrain from caring about any of the garbage these trolls say, move past it and don't respond.  To those who respond are just giving them what they want (attention and an argument).  You can argue with these people all day long, prove them wrong yet they will never admit they are wrong, and continue to argue no matter how wrong they are.

I'm not going along with it anymore.  They don't matter to me and won't get anymore time or comments from me again.  Hope others can do the same to them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Couldn't agree more, TFB12.  Let 'em spew.  Who gives a rat's a $$?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to how long would trolls stick around if...:
    [QUOTE]Nobody ever responded to them,  acted like they weren't even here? 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Boycott troll threads.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Great idea in theory and absolutely fails in reality.  Way to many people on this board that can't just let something go, they HAVE to get their 2 cents in and tell you how wrong you are and what a horrible human being you are.....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I'm all for the 'don't reply to thier posts' gambit. That is probably more insulting to them than direct arguement or ridicule! I do understand that sometimes we just can't help it, but I'm going to try!!KMc.