How loud will the Razor be on Sunday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

How loud will the Razor be on Sunday?

Fan support greatly needed. If you are going to the game, are you planning to make it tough for Flacco?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: How loud will the Razor be on Sunday?

not very.  I don't think the engineering of the stadium amplifies the crowd much...and we're not piping up the crowd noise via the sound system...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I really wish I was going. I am amazed that it is finally Friday. 45.5 hours til kick off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

kidding aside....is the stadium really designed in a way noise can't be a factor?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I will consider it loud if I have to turn down my Home Theater.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Man, I hope those of you that are going do as good as last week. I could hear the difference on my tv, as compred to otheer games. Yuo guys took it to another level. The rest of the crowd going this week should try to top it!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Put ur head in an aluminum barrel and yell as loud as you can..... That loud:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Don't count on it. This place hasn't been all that loud since they pushed out the reel fans and rolled in the "Whine" and cheese crowd. I have a friend with season tickets and he sold his tickets for $500 a peice. The guy That's going isn't even a football fan. I think the crowd will make noise but It won't be deafening like some other stadiums.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Gillette will be very loud on Sunday! We will crank the NOISE! Can't wait

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

In Response to Re: How loud will the Razor be on Sunday?:
    [QUOTE]kidding aside....is the stadium really designed in a way noise can't be a factor?
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

It's definitely an issue because it is open at both ends and there is a huge dead area in the middle where the shrimp coctail folks sit.  That said, it was rocking last week and it should be again this week as long as we don't have a repeat of the game 2yrs ago!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

my parents moved out to Murrieta and my dad sold his seats to a couple former consulting clients of his and I'd be 90% certain that neither of them stand and yell.  I'll take over the seats someday.

i had popcorn thrown at me by seats 1&2 in row 8 or 9 of Section 111 for standing and cheering too much

seat 5 in section 111 literally filed a complaint and molested my ex-girlfriend during the 2009 Pittsburgh game for standing and cheering too much

and yes, i hold this against the Patriots organization that either of those two previous things happened.  it's a motherf*cking travesty.

and yes, i'll keep repeating this because it still makes me angry

anyhow, i think it'll be pretty loud.  they haven't been to the AFC Championship Game in a while, the most ardent fans are willing to pony up for this one game, and with the four honorary captains i think the crowd will get loud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How loud will the Razor be on Sunday? : It's definitely an issue because it is open at both ends and there is a huge dead area in the middle where the shrimp coctail folks sit.  That said, it was rocking last week and it should be again this week as long as we don't have a repeat of the game 2yrs ago!
    Posted by ipats[/QUOTE]

The truly loud stadiums are either enclosed or designed (as in Seattle) to focus sound back on the field.  With Gillette's open design, the stadium tends to dissipate sound rather than concentrate it. It's just physics. For Gillette to be loud the fans have to be exceptionally vocal and the atmospheric conditions have to be right (no wind helps a lot).  I've heard the stadium get loud (especially at night when wind is dead)--but nothing like the loudness that can be acheived at enclosed stadiums. 

A friend of mine from Seattle who's been to both Gillette and the Seattle stadium also tells me that it's easier to sustain loudness in Seattle because you can hear that your yelling is having an effect. At Gillette, he says, you have a tendency to give up because no matter how loud and hard you yell, it seems to have little effect on the decibel level in the stadium.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Word around the league is that 21st century Pats fan is the most polite fan in the league.

So we've got that going for us . . .   which is nice.

Undecided

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How loud will the Razor be on Sunday? : This is correct.  Prolate, you should stick to physics analysis. hehe Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

When BDC opens a physics forum, maybe I'll switch over.    Smile

Paul Allen really deserves some credit for realizing the importance of loudness in new stadium design.  Until Allen built his stadium, I think architects (including those who designed Gillette) were more interested in things like great sight lines and attractive concourses.  Allen specified that he wanted the Seahawks stadium to be the loudest possible and he got what he asked for.  I assume volume will be a factor considered in any future modifications to Gillette . . . but for now we are "stuck" with what we got.  Volume aside, though, it really is a great stadium . . . and I think the fans, for the most part, are pretty in to the game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

I'll do my part to be as loud as possible....  Sect 133 11th row, talking distance to birds sideline.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]This is an important factor to win this game. Ravens will try to get the crowd out of the game. Bring on the Ravens.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    I heard the "crowd" gets the crowd out of the game a lot!  More times than not, I see posts here from folks watching the game, or who have been at the game, about how quiet the crowd is even when the Pats are winning big.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I'll do my part to be as loud as possible....  Sect 133 11th row, talking distance to birds sideline.
    Posted by Michael02127[/QUOTE]
    Nice! The crowd was awesome last week. Great job.