HOW MANY DRAFT TRADES DO PATS EXECUTE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

HOW MANY DRAFT TRADES DO PATS EXECUTE?

CONSIDERING the 4 Compensatory PICKS awarded to the Pats brings
    their 2010 Draft haul up to 12 selections ( including those 3 coveted 2nd rounders ) ...
    THE PATRIOTS ARE IN A POSITION TO CONTROL THIS DRAFT .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: HOW MANY DRAFT TRADES DO PATS EXECUTE?

Considering they average about 2 a year and this draft being so deep I'm going with 3. 1 with one of the early picks into the same round for next year and a pick in the next round this year, 1 involving a player (AD is my bet for a 6th), and 1 moving a late pick into next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i liek to see them trade for a veteran TE, get rid of maroney and the whole RB corps, burggess and A. thomas. wheatley and wilhite

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Anything can happen and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if BB trades out of the first round all together. If he does he'll try and cook up a whopper by sliding down before exiting the first round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This is a get lots of free agents year, just as last year was a lose lots of free agents year (and set out to get lots of compensatory late round picks which are rather highly valued by the sixth and seventh round pro fishermen of the league).  The Pats don't hire any fewer free agents than anyone else, but they swing back and forth every two years like El Nino, and that's how they generate extra draft picks for exactly the same amount of cash outlay as everyone else.

So, I fearlessly forecast two picks traded for players before April.  I predict one jump-up in the early rounds and one in the late rounds to grab somebody or other.  I predict one jump-down in the second round, probably down to the third round.   I predict two trade-outs to 2011.  Even though this is a great draft and 2011 smells like old fish in the hold, BB will still get two lucrative offers that he won't pass up.

Six more trades sounds like a bit much.  Meh.  I already count three new draft choices in the fold, and two of New England's missing from the fold.

I see 12 picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Paul K I think you are right on with your predictions... Too many reasons to move up to Denvers or Jags pick #10 or #11 to not do it with 3 guys I mentioned elsewhere being available around that time that the Pats will want to get one of them.