how many impact players do the patriots have on the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how many impact players do the patriots have on the team?

I count four.three on offense,and one on defense.Brady,moss,and welker,and merriweather.thats it.this is what the team needs.how they get them remains to be seen.free agency.the draft,or players on the team stepping up there game.until this happens the pats will have a good team that will compete,but not a great team that can finish.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pre-existingCondition. Show Pre-existingCondition's posts

Re: how many impact players do the patriots have on the team?

I hate this Patriots team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: how many impact players do the patriots have on the team?:
    Posted by Pre-existingCondition

If it's any comfort, it hates you, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by Pre-existingCondition

thanks for sharing that with us. maybe you should go jump on the jets bandwagon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

You gotta throw Merriweather in there too. Had five picks last year I believe. Also missed a lot of tackles for big gains. Either way his play definitely impacts the outcome of each game. Positive or negative. You did not specify what impact you were looking for. We do have a lot of could be's, in Edelman, Mayo, Butler, Tate, Wright, Pryor and Chung. Also I would like to throw Vollmer's name in the mix. Obviously not putting up flashy numbers and stats or whatever, but if he continues to progress the way everybody seems to think he can he will allow the Welkers, Tates, and Edelmans to be the impact players we need.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan
    thats what im saying.players that need to step up there game,or get better,but yes i did forget about merriweather.i will edit that.i dont count tackles unless they are for no gain,or for a loss.tackles are technical.we can say if a player dosent tackle there would be td,s scored.but we could sayhow many yards were gained before the tackles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

You gotta throw Merriweather in there too. Had five picks last year I believe. Also missed a lot of tackles for big gains. Either way his play definitely impacts the outcome of each game. Positive or negative. You did not specify what impact you were looking for. We do have a lot of could be's, in Edelman, Mayo, Butler, Tate, Wright, Pryor and Chung. Also I would like to throw Vollmer's name in the mix. Obviously not putting up flashy numbers and stats or whatever, but if he continues to progress the way everybody seems to think he can he will allow the Welkers, Tates, and Edelmans to be the impact players we need.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

Not to mention our defensive MVP; Mr. fork. Not exactly a glamor position but we'd be lucky to win 5 games next year without him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

wilfork is very good,and has a key role,but wouldnt say he is an impact player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

By all accounts the defense was old and slow. The rebuilding process has started. In 2007, 3 or 4 of the offensive linemen were pro-bowlers. Now their time has passed.

The Pats are rebuilding. It needs more than a quick fix. Hopefully, more impact players will develop.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

this was another,i would have liked to see come back.i heard the pats put up a decent offer,and he had mentioned in the past,how the pats system is his system.so why is he going some where else?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/07/bodden-will-meet-with-texans/

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

LOL
    It wouldn't be half as interesting here without Laz.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Not enough.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny Pats may not have a lot of impact players but other teams do and have not done as well over the past 10 years.

So is it about having 4 or 5 impact players who may or may not make an impact or is it more about having all the right players in the right positions as well as back ups who can do the job consistently.
    BTW an impact player who is not cositently doing his job consistently is useless.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I agree 100% with the 4 you chose. Not enough playmakers on D, by any stretch of the imagination - Bruschi, McGinnis, Seymour, Vrabel and Harrison = we were stacked at one point; I'm starting to think it was the players not the system.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

they're as follows:

Offense:

Brady
    Moss
    Welker

Defense:

Wilfork
    Mayo
    Merriweather

Sections
Shortcuts