How many more years do we think TB will play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

How many more years do we think TB will play

WHat do you all think, realistically? I expect you want to find his replacement 2 to 4 years before he goes...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: How many more years do we think TB will play

If he stays healthy he will finish out the terms of his present deal. I believe he was very serious when he stated he wanted to play until 40.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

If he keeps flaming out like he did against Cleveland, allowing 26 points to a bad Browns team while their 3rd string QB throws for 400 yards, He'll be gone after this year.  Mallett is a Probowler in waiting and can really shut down opposing offenses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He gets a career ending injury this year and that is the end of the pats and BB.

He tries to make a comeback but we all know how that usually works out.Just my opinion..you asked!

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bozo, GED class starts soon so run along now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

IMHO, his play has to "sink" to a level a back-up QB will do better.  Currently, he is still so head and shoulders above just about every QB in the league, even with the lack of supporting cast members, and there appears to be no let-up. (Rusty says otherwise and will not say who can take his place now) As noted by many, as long as health and strength are there, his desire to play until he is 40 may become a reality.  Another incentive, there are a lot of youngs players on the offense he can work with to develop a great unit for the next 2 - 3 years.   Besides, he may want to be around to have Gronk for a full playoff run for once!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh my -Name calling over the internet while hiding behind one's computer screen. I find it both cowardly and infintile at the same time.

YUP- you must be a NE fan!How are ya Ghosty!?

[/QUOTE]

Just concerned about your well being. Don't want you to miss out on getting an education. BTW I am fantastic thanks for asking. familys healthy, kids will be coming home from school for the holidays and the Pat's and their first ballot HOF QB  look like they will be participating in the playoffs once again. what are the jets and their fans plans for the NFL post season? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he keeps flaming out like he did against Cleveland, allowing 26 points to a bad Browns team

[/QUOTE]

Brady didn't allow any points. He plays offense dopey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady will play through the 2020 season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

They may be participating but if the last few years have taught us anything...they won't be participating for long. Not with the way your 1st ballot HOF QB has been playing in the playoffs.

OUCH!

[/QUOTE]

Last few years hmmmm. they went to a SB and an AFCCG. You must be thinking of Peyton Manning... Mr. 8 one and outs. I hope you can enjoy the playoffs.  I know because of our 1st ballot HOF QB Pats  fans will be able to enjoy their team participating.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I used to think he'd play till he was 40, but that was until he played behind his current line. How many times this season has there been defenders right around his knees as he's delivering that ball? How many hits has he taken this year? How many sacks? How little has the running game taken the load off of him? How many games end in a shoot out? This is NOT the way to extend a quarterback's career. Sorry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he keeps flaming out like he did against Cleveland, allowing 26 points to a bad Browns team

[/QUOTE]

Brady didn't allow any points. He plays offense dopey.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that little tidbit.  The words to describe how much of an idiot you are do not exist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Looks like 3 more seasons. An outside shot at 4 but keep in mind football years are like 4x1.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boy that would be something if he could go thank long. THey will absolutely need to upgrade BOTH C and RG right away I think. And as Mankins ages they will need to replace him too. BUt if they have a very good C it should help Mankins to assist to his left more than his right. And SOlder does need a little more help at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boy that would be something if he could go thank long. THey will absolutely need to upgrade BOTH C and RG right away I think. And as Mankins ages they will need to replace him too. BUt if they have a very good C it should help Mankins to assist to his left more than his right. And SOlder does need a little more help at this point.

[/QUOTE]

We just saw Tuck saying Brady is the toughest QB he's seen. Brady is 5 years younger than his chronological age. Even a 25 yo can get injured, but I think Brady will shock the world with how long he lasts, barring that. His greatest asset is that he goes into a zone when the game is on the line. That can't be taught, and doesn't fade easily.

Now if the mediocre GM can just surround him with some great compliments instead of scrubs....

Honestly, Tom's best bet is to move on after this contract to some loaded team that needs a great vet QB to add the finishing touch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

If BB can get him an improved o-line I think he can play till he's 40. he's needs alot of protection, since he's not as mobile as he could be.

But at the same time BB needs to find the next TB, and begin grooming him for the big transition, so we don't have the debacle other teams faced.

mallet is not the answer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Until Solder gets him killed in week 8 next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

4 years.

and, the probability of us landing the next TB is doubtful. We have seen the best in our lifetime I am afraid. There aren't many if any like him. 

2 things need to happen in the next 1-4 years. 

We neEd to build a top 5 defense that can win games and take them over. This will ease the transition to a new QB. 

Find a new QB. we ain't gonna find Brady. I would be happy with a QB who is both a good pocket passer and has some mobility. I say we look in the 2015 draft And spend what we must to move up and get him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

^^^ I think TB , and BB will be scouting for the next TB

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

TB is immortal.  He will play for the Pats until the NFL ceases to exist.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^^^ I think TB , and BB will be scouting for the next TB

[/QUOTE]

That's great. My point was they don't grow on trees Regardless of who is scouting them. We scouted well on TB but we also hit a big stroke of luck in that he was still on the board in round 6. It was fate, luck and good scouting all wrapped into one. Duplicating that again is like winning the lottery twice in your lifetime.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the probability of us landing the next TB is doubtful. We have seen the best in our lifetime I am afraid. There aren't many if any like him. 

[/QUOTE]

^ Reality.

The rest of you that are living in fantasyland, stay there. It will give you some time to stay happy and cozy in your cocoon of denial before the truth comes crashing down on you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I used to think he'd play till he was 40, but that was until he played behind his current line. How many times this season has there been defenders right around his knees as he's delivering that ball? How many hits has he taken this year? How many sacks? How little has the running game taken the load off of him? How many games end in a shoot out? This is NOT the way to extend a quarterback's career. Sorry.

[/QUOTE]

They're missing a bunch of guys on the OL, can't expect to go with backups (3rd string RT!) and not have any dropoff. Sacks are up a touch, but not some alarming number.  They'll be fine.

As for run game, they're pretty much where they've been the last few years, top half of the league, 4.2 ypc. Attempts (and total yards) are down a little from last year, otherwise, the run game is doing what it's supposed to.

Sections
Shortcuts