How many of you guys can recite the Alphabet backwards?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

How many of you guys can recite the Alphabet backwards?

Wow if this is true  . . .?  Now the 2 Beer part is ka ka because everybody who gets stopped after drinking and driving has "I only had two beers officer" 

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9681542/alfonzo-dennard-new-england-patriots-admits-violating-probation

But if he was asked to recite the Alphabet backwards that is definately over the Top.  How about they ask him to recite The Gettysburg Address from memory while he's at it?

On another Topic Amendola at practice today and running routes albeit "Gingerly".  I by most accounts, he was supposed to be under the knife by now. 

Unreal. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: How many of you guys can recite the Alphabet backwards?

Well, the police "get you" because nobody sober would even attempt....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I believe alphabet backwards is a pretty standard sobriety test.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

It's still a stupid test, that probably has no scientific basis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Been there done that and no it isn't.  Maybe something simple like beginning with C and go backwards.

But can you do it beginning with Z?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I hear ya, but, shouldn't the drunk person know better.....lol. It shows how their common sense judgement is impaired from the alcohol

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Inokea4coolaid's comment:

I hear ya, but, shouldn't the drunk person know better.....lol. It shows how their common sense judgement is impaired from the alcohol

Being able to receite it backwards, is probably a better indicator of the person being an abuser of alcohol. No sober person would take the time to learn how to recite that smoothly.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

zʎxʍʌnʇsɹbdouɯlʞɾıɥƃɟǝpɔqɐ

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

I have seen cops ask to do it both ways before ,maybe to have fun and laugh later.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I turned my iPad 180 degrees to see if that was right.  The whole screen flips.  So I tried a mirror. I was able to fog it; so I must still be sober.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I told a cop that I wouldn't be able to recite the Alphabets backwards even if I was sober, he actually let me go after he had a laugh...but I wasn't the driver at the time and my friends was only a few points below the limit. 

He could've drunk tanked us, though. 

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

"Being able to receite it backwards, is probably a better indicator of the person being an abuser of alcohol. No sober person would take the time to learn how to recite that smoothly."

Exactly.  The only exception might be somebody like the "The Rainman" from that old Dustin Hoffman Movie.   :)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was a server in a bar for a while in college and use to get pulled over by the cops all the time. Soaked in liquor they had me do that test all the time. The thing is not that you can or can't do it it's that you can logically think it out. When you have an issue do you stop, think it through, then get the right answer. It doesn't matter if it takes you 10s or 2 mins just as long as you can logically think it out. Drunk people don't logically think it through and make mistakes stop go back and make irrational mistakes. It's actually a fairly good test as most drunk people can't logically think through a problem

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I was a server in a bar for a while in college and use to get pulled over by the cops all the time. Soaked in liquor they had me do that test all the time. The thing is not that you can or can't do it it's that you can logically think it out. When you have an issue do you stop, think it through, then get the right answer. It doesn't matter if it takes you 10s or 2 mins just as long as you can logically think it out. Drunk people don't logically think it through and make mistakes stop go back and make irrational mistakes. It's actually a fairly good test as most drunk people can't logically think through a problem

That's was the point of my last post:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I can see that working with those who are drunk stupid. You don't need that to tell if a person is that wasted.

I can't see it being applicable in borderline cases - say your alcohol level somewhere around 0.07 to 0.09

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts