How many of you guys can recite the Alphabet backwards?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: How many of you guys can recite the Alphabet backwards?

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I was a server in a bar for a while in college and use to get pulled over by the cops all the time. Soaked in liquor they had me do that test all the time. The thing is not that you can or can't do it it's that you can logically think it out. When you have an issue do you stop, think it through, then get the right answer. It doesn't matter if it takes you 10s or 2 mins just as long as you can logically think it out. Drunk people don't logically think it through and make mistakes stop go back and make irrational mistakes. It's actually a fairly good test as most drunk people can't logically think through a problem

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

PatsEng, that's illogical....lol 

I would not even bother trying....Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

I have seen cops ask to do it both ways before ,maybe to have fun and laugh later.

they probably have some funny stories to tell...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to Inokea4coolaid's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

It's still a stupid test, that probably has no scientific basis.

I hear ya, but, shouldn't the drunk person know better.....lol. It shows how their common sense judgement is impaired from the alcohol

Being able to receite it backwards, is probably a better indicator of the person being an abuser of alcohol. No sober person would take the time to learn how to recite that smoothly.

If a cop asked me to do that, I'd laugh in his face and tell him to try something else. Utterly ridiculous to ask anyone, even sober, to recite the alphabet backwards because no human has ever done that before in their life.

The idea is to make it easy, whatever the tests are, to see if they need the breathlizer.

That's the protocol.

You have a 152 IQ...should be easy for you. LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

If you're not drunk you laugh at the cop.  If you are drunk ( and you know it ) you're screwed.  Cop knows it too. 

the trick is to put your tongue over the tube and blow and act like there's might be something wrong with the machine.  then in court they don't have a number.  If there's no number its just a judgment  call and your  lawyer will get you off with just traffic violations. 

yes, that is my experience . The story isn't boring but I'll wait to post it.