How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently?

Most of the guys I talk to about sports up here in Toronto are for the Pats.  Most view the team with respect, bordering on awe . . .  not a lot of hate.  But then Canadians are much more polite than Americans, so maybe they're just not telling me how they really feel . . .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

im pretty close to rockland county. reppin westchester

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently?:
    [QUOTE]It is incessant down here in NYC. Especially from people who have most likely only watched the Patriots play one game this year if any. And everyone else who just regurgitates espn views. I just respond with "it's anybody's game to win." I may be the only one who thinks that if the Pats win the toss, they should take the ball first.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]
    incessant ? as a MTA train operator who works in Brooklyn,Queens and Manhattan,if i didn't know the Giants were in the SB, i would think their season was over. and i guess since i walk around wearing Bruins stuff and nobody cares about hockey in NYC,my getting harassed level is low.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently? : I would agree with that, but still the one-off situation where you get it, it's pretty awkward. We're talking about adults here.  Not 14 year old kids behind a keyboard.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

If someone out in public gives me crap and it's playful, I'm cool.  But if you're being an a**hole, then I know exactly what you mean about them being adults and not teeny boppers behind a keyboard.  It's awkward and embarassing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently? : He was being sarcastic
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    Good read....  (-;

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

It's mostly ESPN who decides that talking about the superbowl in 08 is very important. I'm surprised they haven't gotten David Tyree to come on and do an interview.

Idk, honestly I get crap usually everyday for wearing my pats hat and sweatshirt. Mostly people telling me brady sucks and "how long you've been a pats fan". Honestly, its rediculous. I tell them im from Sterling Massachusetts and they usually shut up.

Most of the crap is media driven, although I can't wait to see all those so called "experts" who continually pick the Giants to finally shut up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

I live in TX, it seems less intense than 3-4 years ago but I have never felt attacked, just razzed as Pinkie put it.  I still see a lot of Pats bumper stickers on the road here and gear in airports, etc.  They don't understand the "born into it" mentality of Boston sports fans anywhere.  Keep hating, we ain't going anywhere...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

I'm in the military and I've lived in TX, GA, KY, NY and KS and have received only moderate harassment from most people.  I usually try to engage people in conversations.  The worst garbage comes from people on Facebook or on the posting boards who decide that being a moron to you for just say Go Pats is acceptable.  I just remind people that I've been regularly going to Pats games since the early days of Parcells and Bledsoe (I was like 12) and that I've rooted for them when they were awful.  Heck, the Pats even sent some gear to my company when I was deployed last year.  I usually try to remain rational.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Dish it back out.  Just say what team do you like?  Believe me, it will be a team that wins less than the Pats.  Steelers fan, ask them about the Broncos game.  Colts- too easy.  Jets- "How's Sanchez playing?". 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I make deliveries in Indianapolis and every day this week I've worn a different jersey. People blow me c r a p ALL the time, but they are almost always casual Colts fans. There is a childish group mentality here in Indiana, primarily exhibited by these casual fans, that everone is supposed to hate the Patriots, so a lot of people just join in.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

A few.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Well for us Pats fans living and working in NYC . Thats the norm: " All your teams are owned by New york" So i answer back. ummm lets see the only teams that have a winning record vs us are the Giants and Yanks. The rest we own you. Also those two teams only one has more rings the us thats the yanks and you also made history as the only team in major league baseball to blow a 3-0 ,1 out away from going to the world series" and they either say Ouch, damn you are mean or ok ok.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently? : incessant ? as a MTA train operator who works in Brooklyn,Queens and Manhattan,if i didn't know the Giants were in the SB, i would think their season was over. and i guess since i walk around wearing Bruins stuff and nobody cares about hockey in NYC,my getting harassed level is low.
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

Hey Man you are correct Hockey is not an issue in NYC. As a Latino that support all the teams from N.E I get no grief when I wear my Bruins jersey. Instead i get compliments except from Rangers,Flyers or Devil fans that live in NJ or LI or SI. City dwellers that do follow Hockey love seeing Opposing fans .

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I keep my loyalties to myself, except among friends.  Eagles fans really haven't gotten over the Superbowl loss yet and I don't enjoy harassment from strangers whether it's in good spirit or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

[QUOTE]Most of the guys I talk to about sports up here in Toronto are for the Pats.  Most view the team with respect, bordering on awe . . .  not a lot of hate.  But then Canadians are much more polite than Americans, so maybe they're just not telling me how they really feel . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I believe it. At the AFC Championship game I ran into three young guys from Toronto at a rest stop near Albany NY. Sure enough, they were on their way to the game to cheer on the Patriots. They got up at 3:00 AM and drove back to Toronto that night because they had a sales meeting to attend. For all three of them it was their first NFL game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Those are hate attacks all right....Not sure how you survived it, pauldeba...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I live I Colts country too, and hate the Mannings. I've heard plenty about the Patriots, especially this week. It's going to be ten time sweeter when the Pats win. They're counting on Eli Skywalker to save them from Emporer Belichick and Lord Brady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many Patriots Hater "attacks" have you have endured recently? : I believe it. At the AFC Championship game I ran into three young guys from Toronto at a rest stop near Albany NY. Sure enough, they were on their way to the game to cheer on the Patriots. They got up at 3:00 AM and drove back to Toronto that night because they had a sales meeting to attend. For all three of them it was their first NFL game.
    Posted by lioneljoe[/QUOTE]

Everytime I fly back to Boston for a game, the plane seems packed with Pats fans.  I guess the nearby Bills are still the most popular team up here, but the Pats have a pretty substantial following.  What really surprises me is so do the Red Sox and even the Bruins.  A friend of mine tells me it was because in the 1970s everyone was following local boy Bobby Orr and a lot of people ended up getting in to all the Boston teams because they were watching and reading about the Bruins.  The Leafs are like a religion here, but there are a surprising number of Bruins fans among the minority who don't like the Leafs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I live in connecticut close to NY so I got it pretty bad. Some of my friends are legit Giant fans so I can't hate on them too much, it's mostly friendly trash talk. What I find annoying is all the bandwagoners all of a sudden hate the pats and love the Giants. I ask them to name 6 players an inform them their team actually is from New Jersey and that shuts most them up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: How many Patriots Hater

Got lots of "Go Pats" while out shopping Saturday in my Patriots hoodie and hat. (Live in Maryland)  Ran into one guy who kept saying the Pats are going down.  I asked if he was a Giants fan, he said.." NO, I hate Brady!".  What a weird stance to take..  why hate a player!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Got lots of "Go Pats" whuile out shopping Saturday in my Patriots hoodie and hat.  Ran into one guy who kep tsaying the Pats are going down.  I asked if he was a Giants fan, he said.." NO, I hate Brady!".  What a weird stance to take..  why hate a player!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Just jealous, I think.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrumstoo. Show wonderdrumstoo's posts

Ive lived in many cities over the last twelve years because of my job. Baltimore, Philly, Detroit, NY, to name a few and Ive heard it all! Belicheat, Bradys this and that, Spygate, league favors the Pats, Pats cant do this, cant do that , refs give them flags, blah, blah, blah. Everybody hates the guy at the top.

I currently reside in NC and the locals are still bitter about the Panthers SB loss to the Pats. People here really hate the Pats more than anywhere Ive lived. I know the Hurricanes won a Cup, but they dont understand hockey much so they dont really follow the team. NBA Basketball has had minimal impact here. Can anyone explain why there is no MLB team here(all Braves fans here)? People really hung there hats on seeing the Panthers win that SB and were crushed when they didnt. 

I respond by telling them I understand what its like to lose. Growing up in Boston as a Sox fan Ive endured the same pain. As incredible as it was, that 18-1 season didnt taste to well either. Id love to rub it in about how all my teams have done well, but I cant forget my roots. I remind them that my teams have lost worse than anybody at times, but true Boston sports fans have always lined up to watch again next year.