How many picks for Favre this year???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

How many picks for Favre this year???

Since he thinks Moss is the answer to reviving his career, he just may try forcing it down field.  I am seeing lots of picks!!!  Any predictions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: How many picks for Favre this year???

Many, many picks.

A plethora of picks.

Picks as far as the eye can see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

He plays in the NFC. I do not have a dog in that fight until February, with the noted exception of Halloween in Foxboro.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Slowly it comes out. 

"There’s a lot of talk about the coverage Moss draws. “Doubled every play,” etc. But the bottom line is that he doesn’t draw any more or any less coverage than most receivers. Going deep against a Cover 2 or 4, you are going to get covered by two players. That’s not unique to Moss, that’s just how the coverage works."

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/10/06/pff-breakdown-randy-moss-to-the-vikings/

This site dishes pretty well.  Moss isn't quite that productive.  He produces a bunch of interceptions because Brady (or Favre) feels obligated (or pressured) to throw into double coverage. 

In the Miami game Brady threw only one pass to Moss, one that clanked off both his hands.  Moss has great skills but he also has a bunch of drops. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Bombs away Brett will have 16+ by the end of the year.
    However, I think the Moss that shows up in Minnesota will be the same Moss that showed up here in 2007. I.E. A guy that actually goes up and fights for every pass and doesn't drop the kind of passes he did this year and last.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

In Response to Re: How many picks for Favre this year???:
    Bombs away Brett will have 16+ by the end of the year. However, I think the Moss that shows up in Minnesota will be the same Moss that showed up here in 2007. I.E. A guy that actually goes up and fights for every pass and doesn't drop the kind of passes he did this year and last.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Yeah, me too.  He really hasn't went up much for the jump ball the last couple of seasons here, all though, it did come out that he was hurt last year.  But, I think Favre is much more for flinging the ball up for grabs than Brady, so I am anticipating lots of forced balls down the field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

He'll throw enough int's to secure his record for all eternity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

every spectacular catch that moss makes will make the temptation of throwing to him irresistible for favre. 2 INTs per spectacular catch will be the ratio per game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Favre's and the Vikings' season will end with a pick.  Bet on it.   He ended his career at Green BAY with a pick in 2007.  He ended the Jets' season in 2008 with a pick.  And last year we know what he did in the 2009 NFC Championship. The pick is coming....that will be his legacy.  Moss will be the intended WR, too.
    Posted by ipot

That's a pretty safe bet.

Favre has ended each of his last three seasons -- with three different teams, mind you -- with an interception.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Farve does force the ball to his best receives from time to time. However, with Moss on the team the Vikings now have the most balanced offensive team in the NFL. Almost every team stacks the box against Peterson on every play, it even happens some times on third down. Few running back gets that kind of respect.

The Vikings outplayed the Saints in the NFC Championship game for the most part, but they missed field goals, had a clock management issue, and there was that interception. The difference between last year and this year is that Farve's pro-bowl receiver has been out after hip surgery. That problem has been solved with the addition of Moss. Farve does not have to force the ball as often, he will force it from time to time, however the need to force it has been severely reduced. I think that unless the Pats can get to Farve when they visit, it will be a very long day for us. Of course Farve has an very good short yardage receivers in Shanco, and Harvin, as well as the most dangerous running back in the NFL... so getting to him may not work either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Lots of picks, he likes to force the pass too often

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Farve does force the ball to his best receives from time to time. However, with Moss on the team the Vikings now have the most balanced offensive team in the NFL. Almost every team stacks the box against Peterson on every play, it even happens some times on third down. Few running back gets that kind of respect. The Vikings outplayed the Saints in the NFC Championship game for the most part, but they missed field goals, had a clock management issue, and there was that interception. The difference between last year and this year is that Farve's pro-bowl receiver has been out after hip surgery. That problem has been solved with the addition of Moss. Farve does not have to force the ball as often, he will force it from time to time, however the need to force it has been severely reduced. I think that unless the Pats can get to Farve when they visit, it will be a very long day for us. Of course Farve has an very good short yardage receivers in Shanco, and Harvin, as well as the most dangerous running back in the NFL... so getting to him may not work either.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

This is a reasonable analysis, except for the fact that stacking the box isn't "respect" for Peterson, it's giggling at the fact that Minnesota has no passing game. Three things contribute to this: Favre is on his last legs. The Vikes' O-line is suddenly having protection issues. Minnesota's receivers blow.

Acquiring Randy addresses only one of these problems (and not very well).

The Vikes are going nowhere, and they're going to get there fast.

Sections
Shortcuts