How Many Running Backs Will Make the Cuts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

How Many Running Backs Will Make the Cuts?

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington & Blount? There are a couple of others I don't give a chance to - Bartholomew, Develin & Hines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: How Many Running Backs Will Make the Cuts?

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Washington & Blount? There are a couple of others I don't give a chance to - Bartholomew, Develin & Hines.

4.   Bolden and Blount will fight for the last spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Ridley and Vereen are on the team for sure, unless they are injuried in pre-season.  Washington, Bolden and Blount fight for the #3 and #4 spots . . . they will only keep 4 on the roster as Hernandez can also play some in the backfield.

Do not think any of those three are eligible for the practice squad  . . . so whoever gets cut will be picked up by another team (the Jets?). 

Washington was a lock to make the team until the Pats picked up some of these kids in the draft and resigned Edelman because these guys can also return punts and kickoffs.  I'd say between Washington, Bolden and Blount it will come down to who can run, catch and BLOCK for Tom!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I do not have a clue as to how many RB's will be on the roster. I like Washington for his KR/PR skills,Bolden is the guy who has the best idea of how to run, Ridley and Vereen are the top two guys in their rotation,but I ain't selling Blount short because he's the biggest RB since the days of Jim Nance that the Patriots have brought into camp. I'm going to say 5 RB's make the trip to the first game in Buffalo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If 4, Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Blount (Bolden if any of those 4 is IRed or PUPed).

If 5, add Bolden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Watched some tape on Blount. Plays 20 pounds lighter than he is. Doesnt appear to run like a power back. Poor blocker. Pre suspension Bolden was a better back. Bolden also plays ST. 

Washington will maybe get 2-4% of all total snaps from the RB position. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

they will keep 5 RB's like they did last year. If I remember correctly for week 1 last year they kept 4 TEs and only 4 WR's. I see them keeping 5 RBs, 3 TE's and 5 WR's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

They dont have 5 RB on the roster. Washington is a ST only guy. He may grt 1-2 snaps in ghe backfield at most in some games. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

They won't carry 5 runningbacks, last year Woodhead doubled as a WR because there weren't any others on the roster but we don't have a RB now that can function as a WR, also we are bringing a lot of WR's to camp.  Bolden and Blount will battle it out...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I am down with - in no particlar order - Bolden, Ridley, Washington, and vereen.  Blount gets the ax - not a good blocker, not passcatcher, and fumbles some.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think Hines replaces Blount and bolden. Riddley, vereen, Washington and Hines.  Injection of youth

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I think Hines replaces Blount and bolden. Riddley, vereen, Washington and Hines.  Injection of youth

Hines was waived

We'll scratch that idea lol. Thanks. I'm not banking on Blount.  He can't block and that's a necessary skill required.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

1. Ridley

2. Vereen

3. Blount

4. Washington

Bubble: Bolden

Longshot: Quentin Hines - fast (4.34 40yd), athletic RB who could beat out Washington for PR/KR duties.

I would not be surprised to see five. But Bolden has time in the system and a good rep with the coaches and Blount is a question in both talent and commitment and willingness to do it BBs way. So if it is between the two of Bolden and Blount BLount has some catching up to do. Also, Bolden is younger and that does in fact count al else being equal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

they will keep 5 RB's like they did last year. If I remember correctly for week 1 last year they kept 4 TEs and only 4 WR's. I see them keeping 5 RBs, 3 TE's and 5 WR's

A team that has been using double TE formations will only keep three??? assuming you include Hern as a TE I would be very shocked if they didnt keep AT LEAST 4 TEs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They'll carry 4 RBs, 4 TEs and 5 WRs in my honest opinion. 

1.) Washington is, essentially, a lock to make the team as a KR. He won't play 3rd down RB because that's why we gots Vareen. Ridley is the lead back and Blount and Bolden are battling for the short yardage/goal line back spot. 

2.) We'll carry 4 TEs because Hooman is the team's FB. He played more snaps at FB than he did at TE last season...suprisingly. Gronk, Ballard and Hern are locks to make the team, unless one gets injured. 

3.) We don't need more than 5 WRs since Hern doubles up as a big WR. Plus, you can always pick up a veteran in during the season. T.J. Moe and Donald Jones are battling for a spot.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Since they'll carry 3 TEs, they probably won't carry 5 RBs.  I'll say Bolden beats out Blount and challenges Ridley for the lead role.

I wouldn't be shocked at all that after a full second camp, Bolden beats out Ridley.  I like them both, but I actually think Bolden glides through the holes better.

Then again, if they are going back to some more power running type sets, he might be able to justify a spot for Blount.

How many did he carry in 2004? Dillon, Faulk, Pass, Centers. I feel like I am missing one, but maybe not.

Maybe this is the year where he carries only 5 WRs, vs the traditional 6 and goes with 5 RBs?

Edit: He carried Abdullah and Cedric Cobbs in 2004. They were Inactives every week, but he carried them on the roster.  That was 6 back in 2004.

Only 2 TEs with Fauria and Graham with Watson on IR.

Hmmmm.

So, he carry Blount if he wanted, go 5 WRs and 3 TEs.

I cant see them carrying just 3 TEs. 4 at the least IMO

Why 4?  I can see it if Gronk won't be ready. Seems like overkill to carry 4.  Who knows. I think Hooman was an expensive security blanket and a guy who will get major camp reps, but I don't think he;s a lock.

Anyway, I love the varying skill sets and competition all over the place.

4 is not overkill when we run a lot of multiple TE sets. We should and will carry at least 4. They should be Gronk, Hern, Ballard and hooman, I think fells gets cut and they keep the kid they picked udfa on the ps refining his TE skills.